• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GLC Director praises PM Loong's NDR speech to high heaven

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HR Director in GLC: I’m really very fortunate to be a S’porean after listening to PM Lee’s NDR speech

ST Forum published a letter from Mr Luo Siao Ping, a member of the public, today (‘National Day Rally shows leaders’ foresight, pragmatism‘, 21 Aug).

In the letter, Mr Luo praised the foresight and pragmatism of the leaders from the People’s Action Party (PAP) in governing Singapore.
“I was really impressed and consider myself very fortunate to be a Singaporean after listening to Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong’s National Day Rally speech,” he said.

“While other places in the region are embroiled in turmoil, our leaders have spent their time and the country’s precious resources to address issues affecting our country and Singaporeans now and in the future,” he added.

“It once again demonstrates our leaders’ pragmatic and sensible approach to addressing national issues.”
“In particular, I want to compliment the Government for its strategies to defend against the global threat of climate change, and the forward thinking in the plans to develop the Greater Southern Waterfront and Pulau Brani,” Mr Luo praised the PAP government.

It turns out that Mr Luo is a human resource director working for SingTel’s NCS. In fact, he is also a prolific letter contributor to ST Forum.

In an interview with ST, he disclosedthat he is a HR director living in a condominium at Lorong Chuan. He mentioned that his passions are reading, running, badminton and travel.

He said he started writing to ST Forum to propose extending the COE validity to 20 years so as to “reduce wastage of the natural resources” that go into the making of vehicles.

He added that he would write about any topics that he has strong views about, especially when he feels that his suggestions may “lead to improvements, or at least raise awareness of an issue”.
“This is my small way of doing something about things I care about,” he said. He wishes that Singapore “continues to be led by clean and capable leaders”.

Extending retirement and re-employment age doesn’t matter to retrenched PMETs
While Mr Luo is having a good life living in a condo and working as HR director in a GLC, PMETs like Shaun Ow, 39, is struggling driving Grab some 12 to 14 hours everyday.
Shaun was working in the private sector for some 11 years in various industries before he was retrenched 4-5 years ago. He then tried to find a job for more than a year before giving up. He ended up driving Grab to make ends meet.

Even though he could make $5,000 a month, after accounting for rental, fuel and other miscellaneous charges, he told the media that he has to practically drive 12 to 14 hours non-stop everyday. Obviously, Shaun would not be having any spare time for his family.
“Passengers sometimes think our job is easy – sitting in an air-conditioned environment is easy. But I always tell them: You find one weekend, have two one-hour breaks for lunch and dinner, and sit in a comfortable sofa for 12 hours just watching TV. You will feel sore backs, sore shoulders, sore necks, sore everywhere,” he said.
In any case, PM Lee’s announcement of extending the retirement age from 62 to 65 and re-employment age from 67 to 70 would not matter to PMETs like Shaun. Cause the more Shaun drives, the less likely companies would want to hire him as PMET due to his resume showing long period of work not relevant to the jobs inside companies.
Share this:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Nothing but a
images

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
st_20150810_10profile_1586585.jpg

Mr Luo Siao Ping, a human resource director, first wrote to the Forum page last year, to suggest that certificate of entitlement validity be extended to 20 years.PHOTO: COURTESY OF LUO SIAO PING

Who: Luo Siao Ping, human resource director.

My family: Married to an HR professional, with two sons.

My home: A condominium in Lorong Chuan.

My passions: Reading, running, badminton and travel.

I started writing to the Forum page...: Last year, to propose extending certificate of entitlement validity to 20 years to reduce wastage of the natural resources that go into the making of vehicles, in view of their generally better quality.

What I write about: Any topic that I have knowledge of or strong views about, especially when I feel that my suggestions may lead to improvements, or at least raise awareness of an issue.

Why I write: This is my small way of doing something about things I care about.

I read the Forum page because...: I want to learn from others' experiences, and to know people's views on various topics.

My wish for Singapore: That the country continues to be led by clean and capable leaders, and that it achieves good economic growth, with people respecting a divergence of views within the context of a traditional society and family framework.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
st_20150810_10profile_1586585.jpg

Mr Luo Siao Ping, a human resource director, first wrote to the Forum page last year, to suggest that certificate of entitlement validity be extended to 20 years.PHOTO: COURTESY OF LUO SIAO PING

My passions: Reading, running, badminton and travel.
Look like he has a barrel around the waist. Didn't seem the sporty type. A person who claims to have read alot, will not write what he wrote, but he seems easily satisfied with a myopic leader.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a Grab driver also kpkb. Income everymth complain not enough time for family. Wait no job no income lagi kpkb 24/7. Sinkies betul chia lat.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a director for some GLC, there is maybe a few thousand directors across.
So he may be gunning for glory. Everyone has their own ambition.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a Grab driver also kpkb. Income everymth complain not enough time for family. Wait no job no income lagi kpkb 24/7. Sinkies betul chia lat.

When he is supposed to be at the peak of career, he is making $13.45 an hour, working 12 hours day. Where is that SINKapore dream?