• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Gilbert Goh Feeds Old Fart in Chinatown!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

70-year-old uncle seen picking & eating leftover food in Chinatown hawker; says it’s alright, he’s used to it​

Photo: Gilbert Goh

The elderly man also said that he would often eat off the tray return counter.

September 9, 2022
By Obbana Rajah
Follow us on Instagram and Telegram

- Advertisement -

An elderly man in his 70s who was seen eating leftover food at People’s Park Hawker Centre told Gilbert Goh that it is alright to eat the leftovers of others as he was used to it.
Local activist Gilbert Goh was making his rounds in the area when he spotted the elderly man. The man was going through the tray return area for uneaten food and drinks he could consume.

When Mr Goh spoke to him, the uncle said that he did not find the act dirty as he would pick food that was unfinished, as opposed to half-eaten bites or morsels.
The elderly man also told Mr Goh that he would often eat off the tray return counter. While Mr Goh was unsure of the uncle’s name, or even if the man was homeless, he added that the man was likely in his 70s.

WhatsApp-Image-2022-08-27-at-12.25.27-PM.jpeg

Mr Goh and other volunteers maintain a free food outlet at one of the Muslim stalls there to provide meals to about twenty people per day. Each week they give $300 to the stallholders for the provision of free meals to the poor and homeless residing there.
Mr Goh added that despite the free Malay food that was being given out, the uncle seemed to prefer to eat Chinese food.
He noted that the elderly man seemed resigned and says that he would try to pick the best food out of all that was left on the tray return counters.
Mr Goh gave the elderly man some cash after talking to him

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
When Mr Goh spoke to him, the uncle said that he did not find the act dirty as he would pick food that was unfinished, as opposed to half-eaten bites or morsels
Actually I do agree with the uncle that leftover food are not as dirty as we thought so long the previous eater did not spit on it. So if I were to see a nice food I wouldn't mind eating the leftover if I know no saliva is on it.
Sometimes we are eating much dirtier food served to us without knowing and prefer not to know only.

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice watch.
Imho nothing exactly wrong wearing a nice watch and eating clean leftover food. Can eat don't waste.
To be honest I had even stolen some burger patties and ate them inside toilet while working part time in a fast food chain.

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I do agree with the uncle that leftover food are not as dirty as we thought so long the previous eater did not spit on it. So if I were to see a nice food I wouldn't mind eating the leftover if I know no saliva is on it.
Sometimes we are eating much dirtier food served to us without knowing and prefer not to know only.
Food for thought.
Eating clean leftover chicken rice is dirtier or calling chicken dirtier ?