• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GIC Investment in BP may wiped off another Billion $ in value

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one can help already.$$$ gone down the drain into the sewers.Nobody is supposed to know the losses.Not even the President of Sinkeeland.Even if GIC and Temasek and the Govt go bankrupt tomorrow,nobody cares in Sinkeeland,stupid sinkees still live in dreamland !!!!!!

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha ha.............. Medusa.
She name Ho Jinx is for nothing name already very bad Feng Shui add in Medusa sure die.
Ho Jinx maybe should name it Bo Ho Jinx Medusa aka Bad Jin whatever she see/touch turn to stone/die.:biggrin:

She's handpickd by Dhanabalan (?) to be the Temasek CEO because no one,yes no one in singapore,can do the job. This is the greatest joke of the universe ???

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
She's handpickd by Dhanabalan (?) to be the Temasek CEO because no one,yes no one in singapore,can do the job. This is the greatest joke of the universe ???

No the biggest joke is Pinkie telling Charlie Rose that he really is the best qualified to be PM, nothing to do with his father, and if anyone says otherwise, he will sue them.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If ex-Sporeans want to come back to work here, the gov't expects them to put back their CPF:eek:

Like that an ex-Sporeans faces more obstacles when compared to other FTs. I think those conditions are vindictive & discourages many Sporeans from returning as FT.

I know plenty of ex-Sporeans & they have no desire to return. Why should they want to return to be treated as 4th class citizens in their own ex-homeland.

Even if they are penniless, the gov'ts of their new homeland will take care of them. Which is more than I can say about the Sporean gov't who is more than happy to discard citizens in favor of cheaper foreigners.

I don't know what you are talking about. My brother in law migrated to Australia, came back to work for a big hotel. They offered him a local contract. He told them he is australian and they immediately offered him an expat contract. For the exact same job. So, he actually ended up earning more when he left and than came back. He never has problem getting a job in S'pore.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know what you are talking about. My brother in law migrated to Australia, came back to work for a big hotel. They offered him a local contract. He told them he is australian and they immediately offered him an expat contract. For the exact same job. So, he actually ended up earning more when he left and than came back. He never has problem getting a job in S'pore.

I heard that ex-Sporeans who have withdrawn their CPF cannot work in Spore unless the CPF is returned.

Did your friend withdraw all his CPF:confused:

Maybe your friend is fortunate & fell through the cracks. Maybe they changed the rules. ..

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I heard that ex-Sporeans who have withdrawn their CPF cannot work in Spore unless the CPF is returned.

Did your friend withdraw all his CPF:confused:

Maybe your friend is fortunate & fell through the cracks. Maybe they changed the rules. ..

He is not my friend, he is my borther in law. He came back on his S'pore passport, but showed his aussie passport at the job interview. No one ask him to return the CPF. Many sinkies are doing this.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
What johnny meant was if he had applied as a S'porean, wld they ask him to return his CPF? I'm not too sure on this. Probably he's right. Any S'porean working here legally has to have a CPF account, and CPF Board can quickly look up his ex-S'porean frens ' history.

Yr BIL is doing the right thing. Why apply as a Sinkie or let them know you were one?

He is not my friend, he is my borther in law. He came back on his S'pore passport, but showed his aussie passport at the job interview. No one ask him to return the CPF. Many sinkies are doing this.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
What johnny meant was if he had applied as a S'porean, wld they ask him to return his CPF? I'm not too sure on this. Probably he's right. Any S'porean working here legally has to have a CPF account, and CPF Board can quickly look up his ex-S'porean frens ' history.

Yr BIL is doing the right thing. Why apply as a Sinkie or let them know you were one?

I know many so called ex sinkies who are back here making a living. People who when to canada and australia. U HAVE TO BE AN FT IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY to get ahead. Very pathetic actually.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He better keep quiet about being an ex-Sporean, I suspect that it would bring added complications :rolleyes:

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know many so called ex sinkies who are back here making a living. People who when to canada and australia. U HAVE TO BE AN FT IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY to get ahead. Very pathetic actually.

Had a Australian colleague who was an ex-Sporean. His parents migrated to Aust when he was very young. He had the misfortune to marry a Sporean wife who wanted to work & live in Spore. The authorities asked him to do NS if he wanted to stay in Spore. I told him he would regret doing NS, but its a wifey thing :smile:

I've been hearing from the Indonesian chinese that some of them have been asked to do NS if they want a work permit. Not going to be many takers, after NS there's no guarantee that a job is waiting for them. It would also be problematical for them as Indos to serve NS for a foreign gov't :biggrin:

I think the economic situation in Spore is not good & this is a way for the PAP to ration jobs. Once the economy improve & the elections are over it'll probably be back to favouring the foreigners.