• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ghost Chow Ang Moh authroity of science says Ang Moh's GOD is a BLUFF!

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/uk-world-news/stephen-hawking-no-god-15291585

1. UK & World News
  2. Stephen Hawking

Professor Stephen Hawking says there's no God in new book
Hawking, the author of A Brief History of Time, who died in March, made the predictions in a collection of articles and essays
  • 10Shares

By
James RodgerAdvanced Content Writer
  • 11:56, 17 OCT 2018
  • Updated14:06, 18 OCT 2018
News
Enter your postcode to see news and information near you Community updates, Crime Statistics, Local News & Events and much more...

4221396001_5750969345001_5750927320001-vs.jpg

Click to play
Professor Stephen Hawking dies at the age of 76

by Taboola
This is how long the A45 will be closed for
Potential release date of drug-driver who killed brothers

Get daily updates directly to your inbox

See our privacy notice
A new book by Professor Stephen Hawking reveals the astrophysicist's hopes and fears for the future of humanity.

Prof Hawking has sparked controversy by suggesting a new race of superhumans could develop from wealthy people choosing to edit their and their children’s DNA.

Hawking, the author of A Brief History of Time, who died in March, made the predictions in a collection of articles and essays.

It features an introduction from actor Eddie Redmayne, who played Prof Hawking in the 2014 film The Theory of Everything .

Writing in The Telegraph , science editor Sarah Knapton quotes Hawking as saying: "We are each free to believe what we want, and it's my view that the simplest explanation is that there is no God.

JS124384560.jpg

(Image: Joe Giddens/PA Wire)
"No one created the universe and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realisation: there is probably no heaven and afterlife either. I think belief in the afterlife is just wishful thinking.

"It flies in the face of everything we know in science. I think that when we die we return to dust.

"But there is a sense we live on, in our influence, and in the genes we pass to our children."
Read More

Lucy Hawking, his daughter, spoke at its launch at the Science Museum on Monday.

Speaking to AFP , she said: It was very emotional. I turned away because I had tears forming.

"It feels sometimes like he's still here because we talk about him and hear his voice—and then we have the reminder that he's left us.

She also explained the aim of the book:

"He was deeply worried that at a time when the challenges are global, we were becoming increasingly local in our thinking.

"It's a call to unity, to humanity, to bring ourselves back together and really face up to the challenges in front of us."

Read More
Professor Stephen Hawking

Download our app. Click here for iPhone and here for Android

Visit our Facebook pages for Coventry and Nuneaton

Visit our Twitter pages for Coventry and Nuneaton

Watch our videos on YouTube and see our photos on Instagram

Find old stories in our online Archives