• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Geylang Bahru duck rice hawker fined S$300 after taking off mask for 10 sec to taste sauce

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
1638881744949.png

A duck rice hawker in Singapore has been issued a S$300 fine after safe distancing ambassadors caught him with his mask off to taste the marinade he made, Shin Min Daily News reported.

The hawker, Wang Rongfu, who operates a stall at Geylang Bahru Market and Food Centre, said he was accosted by safe distancing ambassadors on Nov. 14.

What happened​

Before his supposed offence, he said he was behind the counter chopping duck meat while his wife was attending to customers.

There were about 20 people in the queue at his stall, the hawker said.

As he saw the sauce served with his dishes running low, he reached over to the new batch and removed his mask to give the marinade a taste before serving it.

But after that happened, safe distancing ambassadors showed up and asked for his personal particulars.

The pair of safe distancing ambassadors were then joined by three others.

The hawker told Shin Min: "From behind, three safety distance ambassadors came and said that I did not wear a mask and violated the regulations. If I didn't cooperate, they would call the police to the scene."

Complied with order​

As there were customers queuing and worried that his business might be suspended, Wang said he could only follow the instructions at the time and hoped to explain himself later.

The day after the incident, Wang contacted the authorities to explain if he could be let off the hook, but was unsuccessful.

He said: "The authorities said the safe distancing ambassador saw that we were not wearing masks, so it was just a routine matter."

Took off mask for 10 seconds​

Wang said he took off his mask for less than 10 seconds.

He added that he thought he would just be given a warning, and did not expect to receive a S$300 fine.

He would have to pay it before Dec. 16, or face other penalties.

Wang also said: "I have been in business for 30 years and have always paid attention to hygiene, even wearing a headgear. We understand that preventive measures must be taken during the pandemic, but this is really unreasonable. Is my stall space also a public place?"

Not first brush with safe distancing ambassadors​

However, Shin Min reported that it is understood that the safe distancing ambassadors had told the couple to wear their masks properly once before on the day of the incident.

This was after Wang's wife's mask slipped under her nose, and the couple's particulars were noted down once.

This chain of events were corroborated by Wang, but not fully.

He said that a week before receiving the fine, a safe distancing ambassador did remind him and his wife to wear masks when preparing food.

But on the day of the incident, the safe distancing ambassador proceeded to catch the couple and a fine resulted without a verbal warning.

Needs to make sauce 5 times a day​

Wang said he makes sauces at his stall five times a day owing to his good business.

He is worried, nonetheless, as moving forward, he might be labelled a repeat offender if he gets caught again.

He said: "Fines are a small matter. I am worried that we will become repeat offenders. When that happens, it won't be just a fine. It may also be a suspension. I hope to avoid this."

Overenforcement?​

But it appears this was not the only brush with safe distancing ambassadors.

Wang said his wife was previously observed to have violated regulations after she was caught wearing her mask too low.

Speaking to Shin Min, Wang said he wonders if there was overenforcement by safe distancing ambassadors who are overzealous in policing in the hawker centre and market.

Customers are also puzzled why his wife got into trouble, he claimed.

Other vendor had run-in with safe distancing ambassador​

Another vendor at the adjacent market in Geylang Bahru said he had his particulars taken down by safe distancing ambassadors too.

This was after he needed to wash up after eating and moving goods, and on another occasion, he was sitting sitting at his stall eating and chatting with friends.

He said he told the safe distancing ambassador to observe him for a few more minutes and that was when the safe distancing ambassador became more polite.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Comply somemore lah. Singaporeans never learn. This call for a protest and boycott already and yet, this seller still trying to comply till death.

searcher1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its about time Govt announce "Mask-Off" for Singapore.
If we have high vaccination rate, there is no longer require to have mask, lets achieve herd immunity asap

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If we have high vaccination rate, there is no longer require to have mask, lets achieve herd immunity asap

Herd immunity does not exist. Natural immunity does... which I'm not sure whether the vaccinated people still have it. :cool:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
View attachment 128458

A duck rice hawker in Singapore has been issued a S$300 fine after safe distancing ambassadors caught him with his mask off to taste the marinade he made, Shin Min Daily News reported.

The hawker, Wang Rongfu, who operates a stall at Geylang Bahru Market and Food Centre, said he was accosted by safe distancing ambassadors on Nov. 14.

What happened​

Before his supposed offence, he said he was behind the counter chopping duck meat while his wife was attending to customers.

There were about 20 people in the queue at his stall, the hawker said.

As he saw the sauce served with his dishes running low, he reached over to the new batch and removed his mask to give the marinade a taste before serving it.

But after that happened, safe distancing ambassadors showed up and asked for his personal particulars.

The pair of safe distancing ambassadors were then joined by three others.

The hawker told Shin Min: "From behind, three safety distance ambassadors came and said that I did not wear a mask and violated the regulations. If I didn't cooperate, they would call the police to the scene."

Complied with order​

As there were customers queuing and worried that his business might be suspended, Wang said he could only follow the instructions at the time and hoped to explain himself later.

The day after the incident, Wang contacted the authorities to explain if he could be let off the hook, but was unsuccessful.

He said: "The authorities said the safe distancing ambassador saw that we were not wearing masks, so it was just a routine matter."

Took off mask for 10 seconds​

Wang said he took off his mask for less than 10 seconds.

He added that he thought he would just be given a warning, and did not expect to receive a S$300 fine.

He would have to pay it before Dec. 16, or face other penalties.

Wang also said: "I have been in business for 30 years and have always paid attention to hygiene, even wearing a headgear. We understand that preventive measures must be taken during the pandemic, but this is really unreasonable. Is my stall space also a public place?"

Not first brush with safe distancing ambassadors​

However, Shin Min reported that it is understood that the safe distancing ambassadors had told the couple to wear their masks properly once before on the day of the incident.

This was after Wang's wife's mask slipped under her nose, and the couple's particulars were noted down once.

This chain of events were corroborated by Wang, but not fully.

He said that a week before receiving the fine, a safe distancing ambassador did remind him and his wife to wear masks when preparing food.

But on the day of the incident, the safe distancing ambassador proceeded to catch the couple and a fine resulted without a verbal warning.

Needs to make sauce 5 times a day​

Wang said he makes sauces at his stall five times a day owing to his good business.

He is worried, nonetheless, as moving forward, he might be labelled a repeat offender if he gets caught again.

He said: "Fines are a small matter. I am worried that we will become repeat offenders. When that happens, it won't be just a fine. It may also be a suspension. I hope to avoid this."

Overenforcement?​

But it appears this was not the only brush with safe distancing ambassadors.

Wang said his wife was previously observed to have violated regulations after she was caught wearing her mask too low.

Speaking to Shin Min, Wang said he wonders if there was overenforcement by safe distancing ambassadors who are overzealous in policing in the hawker centre and market.

Customers are also puzzled why his wife got into trouble, he claimed.

Other vendor had run-in with safe distancing ambassador​

Another vendor at the adjacent market in Geylang Bahru said he had his particulars taken down by safe distancing ambassadors too.

This was after he needed to wash up after eating and moving goods, and on another occasion, he was sitting sitting at his stall eating and chatting with friends.

He said he told the safe distancing ambassador to observe him for a few more minutes and that was when the safe distancing ambassador became more polite.

Kudos to the SDAs for doing their job. Oppies and serfs should follow all safe distancing regulations without hesitation.

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheok Kee duck scores a measly 5.5/10, better avoid anyways

1638886087469.png

The braised duck rice left us unconvinced; rice exuded sweet, treacly depth but duck smacked of parched, stringy - okay maybe just a shade more tender than waspish Mrs Ong's frayed dermis. And no, that somewhat pedestrian gravy cocktail lathered over did zilch to ameliorate our nascent ambivalence.

Thereupon we abandoned plans to demolish an actual entire bird. Naturally.​

https://www.thefooddossier.com/2021/01/cheok-kee-braised-duck.html

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I were him, I would take those mother fuckers to court. If tasting the sauce is essential for his business to function, how the fuck is he expected to do that with the bloody mask on?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Safe distancing ambassadors are not any different from your run of the mill condo security guards being paid minimal wages and they in turn contribute minimally to society. Save for the usual, please let me know if my parcel has arrived at the security post, they hardly are useful for anything else. Oh ok, maybe to lend an illusion of exclusivity! haha

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jail, fine for ex-safe distancing ambassador after fight with unmasked store manager​

Aloysius Hoe Wei Peng had committed the offence in Yishun while he was under investigation over an earlier fight in Punggol.
Aloysius Hoe Wei Peng had committed the offence in Yishun while he was under investigation over an earlier fight in Punggol.ST PHOTO: GIN TAY
shaffiq_alkhatib.png

Shaffiq Alkhatib
Court Correspondent
  • PUBLISHED
    AUG 31, 2021, 6:07 PM SGT
FACEBOOKTWITTER

SINGAPORE - A Covid-19 safe distancing ambassador (SDA) who noticed that a store manager was not wearing a mask got into a scuffle with the man after they hurled vulgarities at each other.
The SDA, Aloysius Hoe Wei Peng, committed the offence in Yishun while he was under investigation over an earlier fight in Punggol.
The Straits Times understands that he is no longer working as an SDA.
The 40-year-old Singaporean was on Tuesday (Aug 31) sentenced to three weeks' jail and a fine of $800.
He had pleaded guilty to one count each of assault, fighting in a public place, and committing mischief.
Hoe and Ms Raudzah Salehan, 35, were performing their duties as SDAs in Yishun Central 1 shortly before the fight broke out on Dec 16 last year.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Zhou Yang said that the pair were not wearing their lanyards with passes to show that they were SDAs.
Hoe then noticed that pet shop manager He Jun, 48, was not wearing a mask inside his workplace, called Little Pet Kingdom.
Hoe told Ms Raudzah to snap a picture of the store and she complied.
Soon after, Mr He approached her outside the shop to find out what she was doing.

Hoe, who was standing nearby, then asked the older man: "What's wrong?"
A quarrel broke out between the two Singaporean men and Hoe kicked Mr He who retaliated by throwing a nearby stone lion statue at him. The pair then grabbed onto each other and exchanged blows.
An eyewitness later stepped in to separate them, the court heard.
Mr He, who suffered from a swollen right hand, did not seek medical attention. He was fined $2,000 in June over the fight.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC​

Woman makes police report alleging safe distancing ambassador stalked her

Safe distancing ambassador fined $300 for not wearing mask while on duty at shopping mall

Hoe went to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, where he was found to have sustained injuries including wounds to his chin, right forearm, and knees.
In an unrelated incident, Hoe and his former girlfriend Wan Farah Shireen Abu Hassan, 33, were walking on the first storey of Waterway Point shopping mall in Punggol on Feb 3 last year when food deliveryman Daniel Seah, 31, rode his bicycle between them.
Farah then shouted at Mr Seah: "Do not know how to say 'excuse me'?"
DPP Zhou said: "The victim alighted from his bicycle. He asked Farah for the reason for shouting at him and whether she was having premenstrual syndrome.
"In response, Farah and Aloysius confronted the victim and hurled vulgarities at him."
The prosecutor added that Farah slapped Mr Seah's head while Hoe kicked his stomach.
Hoe also stepped onto Mr Seah's spectacles when they fell to the floor during the altercation.
The court heard that Farah continued to attack Mr Seah after this and her case is still pending.
On Tuesday, lawyer S. S. Dhillon, who represented Hoe, said: "We understand the injuries caused to the victim were minor and he has since recovered... the incident was not a gang related one and no weapons were used."
For fighting in a public place, an offender can be jailed for up to a year and fined up to $5,000.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Idiot doesnt get that obedience only means a beating. You have given a group of people unlimited power. Of course they will abuse it

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Fines are a small matter."

In a civilized country, there would be a lawsuit.

Sinkies are conditioned to be slaves and bend the knee. Live and let live. 多一事不如少一事. No wonder the powers that be relish rubbing the dirt of their jackboots' soles into you face, because you will ask for a second round. :cool:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
This call for a protest and boycott
Talk is cheap son, please do what you have been religiously preaching. Ditch the mask, erect a placard with the words

"I OPPOSE THE WEARING OF MASKS & VACCINATION"

and go stand in front of Parliament House. Do it!

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's about time PEOPLE demand and instill mask off, not wait for govt to announce. People are the voice and power, not the govt. Govt has only power when people give it to them. When people do not give power to the govt, govt is nothing. People who comply to any unjust restriction and incompetent imposition are Darwins who do not deserve freedom and will. No wonder 90% get the Darwin jab.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal

Complied with order​

This duck seller must be Darwinly vaccinated. I can confirm. I shout and reprimand SDA and show them my middle finger before. Mask do not protect you , wear for what. Tell you an open secret, if you are darwinly injected with mRNA, you will be dead within a few years. Complying Darwins will be dead, the New Earth is no place for you.