• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Get ready for 2 (two!) new musicals about LKY next year

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is there anyone out there who can get me one of those T shirts or at least send me a high resolution image of LKY so I can print one myself.

Try asking PAP HQ.. They should have few remaining boxes full of those printed LKY shirts still inside their store room..

CheeByeKiaTonyChat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee kuan yew pictures.jpg

Black and white. With photo frame thrown in FOC.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I am waiting for the musical called DeadLee. LOL. Glen where are u? I will be your script writer.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
[video=youtube_share;MDz8jtMrm9s]http://youtu.be/MDz8jtMrm9s[/video]

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old Fart:

A more humane Mikado never
Did in Sinkieland exist,
To nobody second,
I'm certainly reckoned
A true philanthropist.
It is my very humane endeavour
To make, to some extent,
Each evil liver
A running river
Of harmless merriment.

My object all sublime
I shall achieve in time
To let the punishment fit the crime,
The punishment fit the crime;
And make each prisoner pent
Unwillingly represent
A source of innocent merriment,
Of innocent merriment!

All prosy dull society sinners,
Who chatter and bleat and bore,
Are sent to hear sermons
From mystical Germans
Who preach from ten till four.

Click here for more - http://www.leoslyrics.com/gilbert-and-sullivan/a-more-humane-mikado-lyrics/

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would live it if there were some songs which I could sing to express my admiration and respect for LKY.

Okay, howsabout you sing this song, A More Humane Mikado (start @ 3:20 of the video with lyrics at post #28), on behalf of your idol. Afterall Old Fart thought that detaining someone for 27 years without trial on unsubstantiated claims of being a threat to public security is punishment that fits the crime!

[video=youtube;G0xamGC458g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0xamGC458g[/video]

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That Ah Kua Abigail Chay should be given the main role by acting as the late Gecko..

Whoever the director in charge of that upcoming musical must seriously consider my suggestion..

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is where Zorro Lim will make a special guest performance to further make the show a spectacular success by singing his infamous Upturn Downturn song and Lau Cheebye in the VIP seat will nod his head in approval at the antics of his FamiLee's favorite Court Jester..

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah! wonder netizens will pool money to make a musical to counter the fake LKY musical LKY?

It will be interesting to see netizens musical on Utube screen before old fart fake history?

We don't want Singapore history to be tainted by fake PAP.

Two musicals on Lee Kuan Yew in the works
Both slated to be staged next year, in time for Singapore's 50th birthday

lkymusicalfe07e.jpg

Mr Lee Kuan Yew smiles as his portrait is taken on Aug 14, 2009. Two separate musicals about the former prime minister are in the works and are expected to be staged next year, in time for Singapore's 50th anniversary. -- ST PHOTO: STEPHANIE YEOW

Published on Feb 07, 2014
7:19 AM

Two separate musicals about former prime minister Lee Kuan Yew are in the works and are expected to be staged next year, in time for Singapore's 50th anniversary.

For one of them, new Singapore theatre company Metropolitan Productions has roped in several well-known local arts talents to form the backbone of the musical's creative team.

Cultural Medallion recipient and composer Dick Lee will write the music, while novelist Meira Chand and theatre practitioner Tony Petito, founder of the Singapore Repertory Theatre, will work on the storyline and script.

The Straits Times understands that the other musical is slated to be the opening act for the iconic Capitol Theatre when it reopens next year. It is commissioned by Capitol Investment Holdings, which owns Capitol Singapore.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am not interested in such musical. The topic or story not very interesting. Not Greek tragedy.