• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

get a life

n01215

Alfrescian
Loyal
nonstop complains about:
ns
erp
gst
hdb
pap
tcs
temasek
ir
ndp
recession
tcs
police
ah lee/ ah lian/ ah beng/ ah kua... etc...

wa lan eh.. going by the intensity of complaints hitting this coffeeshop, this must be the worst country in the whole world to stay in?!!
while the country is not perfect, i think some of us in here are expecting the country to spoonfeed YOU. in return, YOU just bitch, rant and rave!
i give credits to those who are against the country's gov/ policies AND who did or are doing something about it like immigrating or are making a reasonable (not anonymous) effort to be heard by the authorities.
but for those who are regular armchair complainants, you are just bitching like a bitch would.:rolleyes:

n01215

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's because bitching let go steam :smile:

true, almost everyone "bitches" and this coffeeshop is meant for letting off steam but there's a distinct diff when one starts to get all personal, emotional and unreasonable.

baseless accusations and senseless judgement on one's own country and its people is pure ludicrous.

worse off are locals who hail angmo countries as the epitome of a great society. chow kin-chio!

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is understandable that there are people like you, who are indifferent to the suffering of the populace, people like you who benefited from the LeeRegime is forever indebted to them, irregardless if they have failed their jobs at the later stage of their rule...you still paint a bright future for the country, really a sad story for you....

n01215

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is understandable that there are people like you, who are indifferent to the suffering of the populace, people like you who benefited from the LeeRegime is forever indebted to them, irregardless if they have failed their jobs at the later stage of their rule...you still paint a bright future for the country, really a sad story for you....

suffering of the people? how badly are you suffering? or are you just a spoilt brat expecting the gov to spoon feed you?

and if you truly understand ppl like me as you have said, then you wouldnt have said that im a sad story.

im happy where i m. there were (and still are) ample opportunities for me to make a career and create a home here. I MAKE MY OWN LIFE. the gov, (IF its a good one) enhances my lifestyle. whether they are good or otherwise, i shall not comment. but surely, i live a free and happy life here with most of the necessities i'd want in life.

one important note... there is nothing to stop you from leaving this country and staying out... if you are suffering sooooo badly.:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im happy where i m. there were (and still are) ample opportunities for me to make a career and create a home here. I MAKE MY OWN LIFE. the gov, (IF its a good one) enhances my lifestyle. whether they are good or otherwise, i shall not comment. but surely, i live a free and happy life here with most of the necessities i'd want in life.

How old are you? Have you got any children?

If life is so good why are many leaving Spore? Those leaving are usually married & have to think of the future of their family.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
nonstop complains about:
ns
erp
gst
hdb
pap
tcs
temasek
ir
ndp
recession
tcs
police

wa lan eh.. going by the intensity of complaints hitting this coffeeshop, this must be the worst country in the whole world to stay in?!!
while the country is not perfect, i think some of us in here are expecting the country to spoonfeed YOU. in return, YOU just bitch, rant and rave!
i give credits to those who are against the country's gov/ policies AND who did or are doing something about it like immigrating or are making a reasonable (not anonymous) effort to be heard by the authorities.
but for those who are regular armchair complainants, you are just bitching like a bitch would.:rolleyes:

You complain so much about people who complain for what?

n01215

Alfrescian
Loyal
How old are you? Have you got any children?

If life is so good why are many leaving Spore? Those leaving are usually married & have to think of the future of their family.

current population is 4.6 mil. how many left the country? how many are jobless and homeless?

sin has about 2% unemployment rate, malaysia has 3% of 25mil people, indonesia has 9% of 240 mil. thailand has 1.4% of 65mil people. are we that bad?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
current population is 4.6 mil. how many left the country? how many are jobless and homeless?

sin has about 2% unemployment rate, malaysia has 3% of 25mil people, indonesia has 9% of 240 mil. thailand has 1.4% of 65mil people. are we that bad?

How many of the 4.6 mi are foreigners? 1mil? 2 mil? I would hardly call Spore a successful nation, with so many citizens leaving, planing to leave, thinking of leaving. You really think people go through the hassle of leaving because they are whiners?

So how old are you? Do you have a family to look out for? If you are a fresh grad just starting out, you can take it easy & dream because you can still rely on your parents. Its when you have a family and/or nearing "Singapores" retiring age in the 40's that you have to worry.

How can you compare the unemployment figures with our neighbours? In Spore theres always bills to pay & you get fined if you miss payments. In places like Indonesia, Thailand , life is cheaper & you can even get by with partial employment. They can survive because theres no state monopoly driving up the prices of water, electricity, public transport,...

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
nonstop complains about:
ns
erp
gst
hdb
pap
tcs
temasek
ir
ndp
recession
tcs
police

We complain to keep the govt in check & on their backsides' edge eventhough its via non mainstream forums. Other countries complaints are done thru riots & violence. The Sinkie govt should be happy that we're bitching & complaining in a such peaceful manner.
We want the govt to spoonfeed us? I think we're farking spoonfeeding the idiotic govt!!!!!!!

ManBearPig62

Alfrescian
Loyal
constitution guarantees freedom of speech, if you don't like what others are saying here get lost.

since you say there are opportunities in this country, you mind your own business and let us take care of ourselves.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore under the present PM is polarizing. Given another 5 years, the economic, social outlook for singapore will change significantly.

Those in the PAP and opposition fed by the PAP may feel that these will be golden years, but the ordinary native singaporeans may differ.

Unfortunately there are few outlets such as unmoderated forums. Representation by opposition is woefully inadequate or inappropriate. The PAP hears but don't really listen. Thus some came here to voice their dissatisfaction.

Given the amount of monies lost in government investments and town council investments during the current crisis, it is likely that singaporeans may not like how the PAP will implement their policies after they win the next election.

Thus the exhortation to get a life is a good one, if you take away the PAP apologetics. You cannot change the PAP, you cannot change the Opposition. The PAP will always be in power. The Opposition will be dismally ineffective. And if you rely on them you may well complain more. So get a life - the life you want - yourself. :smile:

n01215

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many of the 4.6 mi are foreigners? 1mil? 2 mil? I would hardly call Spore a successful nation, with so many citizens leaving, planing to leave, thinking of leaving. You really think people go through the hassle of leaving because they are whiners?

So how old are you? Do you have a family to look out for? If you are a fresh grad just starting out, you can take it easy & dream because you can still rely on your parents. Its when you have a family and/or nearing "Singapores" retiring age in the 40's that you have to worry.

How can you compare the unemployment figures with our neighbours? In Spore theres always bills to pay & you get fined if you miss payments. In places like Indonesia, Thailand , life is cheaper & you can even get by with partial employment. They can survive because theres no state monopoly driving up the prices of water, electricity, public transport,...

i didnt say that its a bed of roses. my point is that guys are painting it as hell on earth over here.

where is the line drawn between carving out a life for yourself and depending on the policies of the gov to sustain your old age?