• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Generalismo Lee Hsien Loong is irreversibly DISTORTING market economics in Singapore.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Generalismo Lee Hsien Loong is robbing the corporates to buy political votes for himself (and irreversibly DISTORTING market economy dynamics in Singapore.

Looks to me like baby Lee is trying to tax the corporates to make the workers happy. I.e. to use the wealth of the corporates to buy him votes in the coming general elections.

If foreign investors knew about Generalismo Lee's dirty political slight of hand and dirty trick of robbing the corporates to help him buy political votes, they will all shun Singapore like plague and NOBODY will want to open another factory in Singapore let along stay. More MNCs based in Singapore will soon pack up and leave if parliament became a den of robbers with the intent to steal corporate $$$ to buy political votes.

-==========-
Not way for Govt to act in a market economy
PUBLISHED: 5 October 2018.

It is shocking that the Government is resorting to legislation to compel companies to pay bonuses to cleaners (Cleaning firms must pay cleaners annual bonus from 2020; Oct 3).

The issue is not about the work conditions of cleaners or any group of workers.

It is about a government in a supposedly market economy intervening by the force of law in the management of private companies in a most intrusive way, in terms of not only how much they should pay their workers, but now also in what manner they should do so.

What if a company has fallen on hard times? What if a worker underperforms?

What if a company prefers to average out the bonus and spread its payment monthly along with salaries? Should it be made to close down by the force of law?

Does this country still believe in the principle that those who risk their own fortunes to set up enterprises and create jobs should be left alone to mind their own business and face the consequences of their own decisions?

Cheng Shoong Tat

A version of this article appeared in the print edition of The Straits Times on October 05, 2018, with the headline 'Not way for Govt to act in a market economy'. https://www.straitstimes.com/forum/letters-in-print/not-way-for-govt-to-act-in-a-market-economy

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some people cannot offend. All the small flies company no problem lah. You how old already dun understand? :cool:

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is about a government in a supposedly market economy
intervening by the force of law in the management of private companies in a most intrusive way, in terms of not only how much they should pay their workers, but now also in what manner they should do so.

Cheng Shoong Tat

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure why this retard is complaining....any tax or cost can always be passed down to the consumer.....after all this ain't called Singapore for nothing!!

If ur business cannot succeed in sg,I highly suggest u Fark off!!!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is about a government in a supposedly market economy
intervening by the force of law in the management of private companies in a most intrusive way, in terms of not only how much they should pay their workers, but now also in what manner they should do so.

Cheng Shoong Tat
Because PAP want minimum wage for cleaners and still say there is no minimum wage. Simple as that. :cool:

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because PAP want minimum wage for cleaners and still say there is no minimum wage. Simple as that. :cool:

Minimum wage? Funny, isn't it...why only cleaners? What about other vocations? Is this the PAP's latest approach to poLEEcy impLEEmentation or is it a desperate attempt by an incompetent PAP LEEder to stage an adhoc Fit and Fix?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Minimum wage? Funny, isn't it...why only cleaners? What about other vocations? Is this the PAP's latest approach to poLEEcy impLEEmentation or is it a desperate attempt by an incompetent PAP LEEder to stage an adhoc Fit and Fix?
Thanks to the PAP, if you old or retrenched, 7 dollar an hour cleaner security jobs are everywhere! Nobody has to starve! Get workfare also! That why many grateful sinkies vote the PAP. WP got use or not? They just agree! I also can agrees. Like that is codriver or passenger you tell me? Deadweight I say! :cool:

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to the PAP, if you old or retrenched, 7 dollar an hour cleaner security jobs are everywhere! Nobody has to starve! Get workfare also! That why many grateful sinkies vote the PAP. WP got use or not? They just agree! I also can agrees. Like that is codriver or passenger you tell me? Deadweight I say! :cool:

So this is PAP's deliverance of its promise of a cultured and graceful society? TotalLEE disgraceful!!!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Minimum wage is necessary.it should be illegal to pay somebody less than a certain dignified amount in a first world country.....$3.50 an hour is not a wage.....that is a wage on par with what prcs are making and what sinkies were making back in 1979.What the cleaners are experiencing is nothing more than institutionalized slavery.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a shame that PRCs today are earning more in china then what some sinkies are earning in a country of $70,000 gdp per cap.why sinkies haven't riot already is beyond comprehension.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a shame that PRCs today are earning more in china then what some sinkies are earning in a country of $70,000 gdp per cap.

Can we export these sinkies to China then? Only those who earn less than PRCs will qualify for this once in a life time all expenses paid relocation.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even with bonus, the cleaners cannot afford healthcare nor save for retirement.

The PAP Government is just staging a Fit and Fix show. It is never about caring for the cleaners or the cleaning company. The hidden agenda is that cleaners will be replaced by robotic cleaners. It's part of a scheme to transit to the SG Inc..

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can we export these sinkies to China then? Only those who earn less than PRCs will qualify for this once in a life time all expenses paid relocation.

If it could be done, you bet NTUC would be the first to monopolise the venture.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The PAP Government is just staging a Fit and Fix show. It is never about caring for the cleaners or the cleaning company. The hidden agenda is that cleaners will be replaced by robotic cleaners. It's part of a scheme to transit to the SG Inc..

I know how we can care for the cleaners or the companies at the same time.....communism.