• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GE: WP's Chen Show Mao wants to help build strong opposition

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you, Sam, for the information. That is the name of the CO, who drives a Toyota Solara (coupe).

I do not recall the details of the incident at ROC.

LTC Jimmy Yap interviewed me as a candidate for OCS, when I was at SISL, before POP. Jimmy Yap emigrated to Vancouver, BC, Canada, shortly before me. I became aware of this several years ago, when I became friend with an officer (whom I met on this forum, and when I was in SG that year, we met for chit chat about old NS days) from the 1st batch OCS, and when Jimmy Yap was a LTA and instructor.

If you were in Bravo Coy. Your CO was MAJ Teo Chee Bin who took over from LTC Jimmy Yap. Your freakin' Bravo company caused the rest of us much heartache at Heng Chun camp when one of your looney cadet mates chose to go AWOL on a rest day and the whole of 4th SMC spent half the fucking night looking for that arsehole.

I'm going to spare everyone the story of how another looney from your coy claimed to have chartered a 747 to fly all his honorable guests to his overseas wedding.

Last edited:

DannyBoyBoy

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP's Chen Show Mao 工人党陈硕茂首次亮相 - 11Apr2011

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Rh7yMFFEHyU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DannyBoyBoy

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JmbQEwsAxv0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSM like to use analogy such as "a national team is red and white, not only white and white" but can the common people on the street understand and ready to accept him?

silentisgolden

Alfrescian
Loyal
would crowd be back again?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/caYwNzpkgxU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSM like to use analogy such as "a national team is red and white, not only white and white" but can the common people on the street understand and ready to accept him?

You sound very condescending, raising yourself above "common people." You think common people are too stupid to understand local and international, red and white? My goodness. Sorry but I'd have to say from your posting, you yourself sound stupid by thinking that local and international, red and white are concepts or analogies difficult in depth to understand.

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he speaks with a very heavy ah tiong accent :eek:

but he did pretty well on the camera. And the 156th is giving him good coverage.

Last edited:

ahkow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let be reasonable. If you speak Singapore standard of mandarin, you will not be able to cut it out in China doing private sector business at the highest level where they are the client and you are trying to get their business.

Of course if you go to China to invest eg Suzhou project, it doesn;t matter as they treat you like an idiot providing the cash. So when you have people like Chan Soo Sen, Josephine Teo etc who go to China under the Suzhou project, stay there for one to years and claim that they know doing business in China, it is really all bullshit.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
would crowd be back again?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/caYwNzpkgxU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I sure crowd will be back 100% stamp and chop.
What else we can get such big crowd? After Singapore kick out from Malaysia cup no more such happening crowd. Is once in a 5 year of course must go to feel that we are Singaporean. All going there with one wish to win just like Malaysia cup. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Rakyat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look! Look at the crowd, "amazing",The final rally of the election sees the charismatic WP Low Thia Khiang leading the huge crowd in the stadium with a Chinese version of the National Pledge (after Sylvia Lim had led the English recital). Patriotic feelings run asunder as for once the common man in the streets finally felt that their voice could be part of a huge turning point in Singapore's history. This view was from the block of estates opposite the stadium, and the real amount of the crowd is not reflected accurately as there were a considerable number in the seats of the stadium, in the public carpark surrounding the stadium, as well as those who were denied access due to the stadium having reached maximum capacity. People have the power.
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AXKa5uP1fMQ?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AXKa5uP1fMQ?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q51kgYDoROI?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q51kgYDoROI?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
at least appears better than a son of an ex ISA detainee who only took up citizenship 2 yrs ago avoiding NS obligations n still self-righteously claims to hv served singgies by "saving lives for the last 10yrs"...conveniently failing to add that he was well paid by the tax payer for such services...remember Chen Show Mo cld hv easily avoided NS obligations as he was not a citizen at that time...yet he still went ahead n served...also at a time when NS was much harder than it is now...wonder who is the real FT afterall?!...
Based in China, born in Taiwan, on a hiatus for the last 30 years but supposedly Ah Beng's political party's secret weapon.
Looks like Ah Beng need a FT to fight for his political rights. :biggrin:

-

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
a trojan horse(s) in the oppo?...not to be ruled out...then again i dont think Chen Show Mo can be compared to say Chua Kim Yeow...Chen's creditionals alone spells out ministerial cabinet level potential just going by PAP's stds...so going by such logic n what all senior PAPs hv been bleating...why wld they 'waste' such quality potential when they claim it is so hard to come by in the first place?...even Dr Ng has gone so far as to say not to rule out the door being closed even after introducing the "last batch" of pap's new candidates, which implies that pap still desperately looking for quality candidates...so it just does not seem to make sense to me for pap to act in such a way viz the likes fo Chen...

furthermore r u implying that it is impossible for a 'big' establishment figure to join the oppo?...i say let us give Chen, Benjamin, Tony, hazel, Jimmy n hopefully Tan (and others) a chance to show us what they r made of...what has s'pore got to lose?...nothing...if they r indeed crypto PAP we shall propably find out sooner rather than later...if they r not, then i think this can only make s'pore stronger...btw has anybody considered the possibility that maybe pple of such quality may hv decided to throw their hats into the political arena now rather than later so as not to be seen as jonny come lately politicos?....

1Why the need to be back in Singapore after all these years is indeed a question on some minds. I am aware that the PAP has been seeking people via characters like Simon Tay to stand opposite to the PAP to go in line with change in constitution and he is known to Simon and Viv B. I am just wondering if its the repeat of Chua Kim Yeow/Ong Teng Cheong Affair affair by the PAP where the nominees for the 1st presidency was chosen by the PAP. Another is Ben Pwee of SPP.

There is also the possiblity of qualified independents suddenly appearing and are in good terms with the establishment like these characters are.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
My sense is that he isnt a mole or trojan horse. As you said, why waste silver bullets when they are scraping the barrel ala Tin Palin? Also, the PAP has been scalping the Opp with more direct methods...the mole story may be PAP counterpropaganda to blunt WP's edge.

Yr second reason to me seems sensible. More are coming out now, as they realised that PAP strength could be on the wane, with Old man receding for sure, and the PAP CEC seems split of late, the top guns contradicting each other.

a trojan horse(s) in the oppo?...not to be ruled out

btw has anybody considered the possibility that maybe pple of such quality may hv decided to throw their hats into the political arena now rather than later so as not to be seen as jonny come lately politicos?....

gohsanho

Alfrescian
Loyal
Consider SG to be fortunate to have people like Chen come forward to serve. A person of his calibre, a top lawyer by world standard is a blessing to SG compare with little girl who will probably walk into parliament. He is a rare talent and successful and could have enjoy a private life. Like Chen mentioned, at age above 50 you are living the second half of your life and he probably want to do something meaningful.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Consider SG to be fortunate to have people like Chen come forward to serve. A person of his calibre, a top lawyer by world standard is a blessing to SG compare with little girl who will probably walk into parliament. He is a rare talent and successful and could have enjoy a private life. Like Chen mentioned, at age above 50 you are living the second half of your life and he probably want to do something meaningful.

MIW said very hard to find talented people to join them. I agree. Talented people nowadays join the opposition coz they don't believe politicians should live like dogs. Dogs perform whatever roles their master wants. And we have many human dogs in parliament.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We need more talented to be active in politics, but not with the MIW. Keep it Up, Mr. Chen.

MIW said very hard to find talented people to join them. I agree. Talented people nowadays join the opposition coz they don't believe politicians should live like dogs. Dogs perform whatever roles their master wants. And we have many human dogs in parliament.