• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GCT very cruel dump Tin Tin to manage the antiPAP MacPherson

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP MPs hold first post-election Meet-the-People session
By Hetty Musfirah Abdul Khamid | Posted: 09 May 2011 2225 hrs

SINGAPORE: The election is over and it is back to work for those elected. Several veteran and new PAP MPs held their first Meet-the-People session on Monday evening.

At the Joo Chiat single ward, MP Charles Chong saw only about 10 residents, compared to an average of 40 when he was MP for Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC.

That is because many Joo Chiat residents prefer to go online to seek help from their MP.

Mr Chong said he spends about an hour replying to Facebook messages and emails from residents every morning and added that he will work hard in the next five years to connect with all of Joo Chiat's residents.

He also urged his opponent from the Workers' Party, Mr Yee Jenn Jong, to take up the Non-Constituency MP post.

Mr Chong said: "It's not my say to decide for the Workers' Party on this. But I would encourage him to take up the NCMP position if he was offered because this would enable him to have a better platform to air his views. After all, his party chairman Sylvia Lim was an NCMP at the last Parliament. And she had raised her profile during that time."

Meanwhile, the youngest MP for Marine Parade GRC, 27-year old Tin Pei Ling, said more needs to be done to engage the young and to listen to what they have to say. She said this should be done through face-to-face interactions and the use of social media.

Responding to questions regarding the PAP pledge on change, Ms Tin said: "We need to empower them by giving them space as well as the resources for them to do so. I think this is something that we have been doing but we can do it better, to continue to reach out to more young people. And not just student leaders, but down to every young resident for example, in MacPherson."

Ms Tin was speaking to reporters before she began her first Meet-the-People session at MacPherson on Monday evening at Aljunied Crescent, which is part of the MacPherson ward she is helming.

She said the case loads in MacPherson is higher than when she was helping out in Ulu Pandan previously. She has a feel of the broad-ranging cases in MacPherson and is confident of working with the people.

Many who turn up are low income families looking for financial assistance and help with securing rental flats.

The 27 year old has been shadowing former MP Matthias Yao for about a month before this.

One of the residents in the area, Maimunah Jaffar, said: "I come to ask for a rental flat, on behalf of my mum, then for me. I'm very confident of her that she can help the residents here."

Another resident, Meera Manja, said: "Personally I think she's ok, we expect her to help us, who are needy."

-CNA/ac

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"We need to empower them by giving them space as well as the resources for them to do so. I think this is something that we have been doing but we can do it better, to continue to reach out to more young people. And not just student leaders, but down to every young resident for example, in MacPherson."

Even lesser mortal knows how to use 1st person singular. Tin Can still try to hide behind skirts with 1st person plural. You are on your own.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it repulsive that Ms Tin will be given a seat in Parliament to do what is essentially an INTERNSHIP, while in the meantime a capable man like George Yeo will not be in Parliament.

What the PAP should do is to sacrifice Tin Pei Ling (based on her flouting of Cooling Off Day rules) and call a by-election in Marine Parade. Then, they could restore George Yeo to Parliament.

I believe that if they were to do this, it would be a sign that they are really changing their approach and listening to the sentiments of the people.

Sure, it would be embarrassing for Tin Pei Ling, but the alternative is to allow her to embarrass the whole PAP for the next 5 years. Which is worse?

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I found it repulsive in the same manner as you, it is like seeing a whore making a million while someone holding a decent job cannot make ends meet, but that's life.

GY has it good under the GRC system for so many years under current climate there is no guarantee that GY and the rest of PAP heavy weights would win an SMC.

It is fact that the GRCs provided protection for all candidates under the umbrella under most circumstances but no longer, the defense has now been breached and it no longer safe.

I find it repulsive that Ms Tin will be given a seat in Parliament to do what is essentially an INTERNSHIP, while in the meantime a capable man like George Yeo will not be in Parliament.

What the PAP should do is to sacrifice Tin Pei Ling (based on her flouting of Cooling Off Day rules) and call a by-election in Marine Parade. Then, they could restore George Yeo to Parliament.

I believe that if they were to do this, it would be a sign that they are really changing their approach and listening to the sentiments of the people.

Sure, it would be embarrassing for Tin Pei Ling, but the alternative is to allow her to embarrass the whole PAP for the next 5 years. Which is worse?

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal
how else can one learn to swim unless thrown into the sea?

she has to work for her $15000

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how else can one learn to swim unless thrown into the sea?

she has to work for her $15000

How to be in danger? Numerous flotation devices and ropes attached, shark killing divers, cordoned off sea areas with artificially raised seabed floors so high you can stand in the water, you must be joking.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand that divisional assignment is not decided after election, it has already been assigned before election for personalized groundworks and in TPL case, it happened to be MacPherson division of Marine Parade GRC.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Malay friend who live there said good luck to TPL.

That's the area with the most problematic Malay families. He even forbids his son to play outside as there are kids with tattoo smoking everywhere. There's always a long queue on Monday meet the MP session and most of it is about money problem. As a Malay, he felt ashamed of the state of the Malay families there.

But then TPL has a buddy right? Just let the buddy do the job and act blur lor.......

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My Malay friend who live there said good luck to TPL.

That's the area with the most problematic Malay families. He even forbids his son to play outside as there are kids with tattoo smoking everywhere. There's always a long queue on Monday meet the MP session and most of it is about money problem. As a Malay, he felt ashamed of the state of the Malay families there.

But then TPL has a buddy right? Just let the buddy do the job and act blur lor.......

if Taman Jurong is the slum of Singapore's west, MachPherson is the slum of the East. Despite the facelift and renovations, residents who still live there do not feel safe. One of my friend's wife to be can't wait to move out this June after staying there for the past 24 years, we probably will hear some very interesting stories on MSM soon :biggrin:

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
if Taman Jurong is the slum of Singapore's west, MachPherson is the slum of the East. Despite the facelift and renovations, residents who still live there do not feel safe. One of my friend's wife to be can't wait to move out this June after staying there for the past 24 years, we probably will hear some very interesting stories on MSM soon :biggrin:

Don't you insult my slum!

Or I'll put on my knuckledusters and meet you in a cul de sac

And unlike MM Lee, I am no decrepit Cambridge lawyer but a 100kg gorilla thug

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't you insult my slum!

Or I'll put on my knuckledusters and meet you in a cul de sac

And unlike MM Lee, I am no decrepit Cambridge lawyer but a 100kg gorilla thug

but but..MacPherson is a PAP ward, how can it be a 'slum' like Hougang or Potong Pasir???? :eek:

dankos

but but..MacPherson is a PAP ward, how can it be a 'slum' like Hougang or Potong Pasir???? :eek:

interesting. the 1st 12 years of my life is spend there, at macpherson. i studied at the now defunct paya lebar pr sch. last time in macpherson a lot of chinese ah bengs, most of them belong to some gang and a lot of them sniff glue. malays i dun remembered got so much.

i never been back there for more than 10 years liao. looks like it is still a slum. tpl willl be very busy. :biggrin: need to entertain residents that come with whole lot of $$ and family problem. :biggrin:

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tough neighbourhood?

Nicole Seah, may be more suitable since she is equipped for the job because she had experience working with delinquent youths...and she has excellent listening
skill.

As for Tin PL,Ooooooooo, I fear for her safety, after AMK Seng Hon Tong got whacked and burned, meet the MP session will very soon have armed security guards.

Good luck to Tin, the S$15,000 a month will be very hard earned.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. there is no free lunch mah even for some rin tin tin thing.
3. at least, she got to work for the mthly 15k if she ever works.
4. i am wondering what will be her kpis from ah wood man?