• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GCT tells LKY, 'I am better than you'

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
S'pore's Shandong strategy right: ESM Goh

Rachel Chang
The Straits Times
Monday, Apr 14, 2014

Singaporean investment in the coastal province of Shandong has leapt in the past year by 60 per cent to US$1.1 billion (S$1.37 billion), making it one of China's fastest-growing areas of interest for local companies.

Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong said yesterday that this is a far cry from his last visit to the province in 1993 when he was prime minister.

Then, despite lobbying from Shandong officials, Singapore decided to place its first Chinese developmental project, an industrial park, in Suzhou, Jiangsu province, instead.

On his second visit to the province's capital city of Jinan 21 years later, he noted that the passage of time had turned his hair white but made the city a gleaming up-and-coming metropolis that exports high-end goods rather than the apples, pears and groundnuts of yore.

"We know that the Shandong people were disappointed," he said of the decision then. "But I had a different idea for cooperation." This was that Singapore investment into Shandong should be broad-based, rather than concentrated on one area like an industrial park.

To facilitate this, Mr Goh set up the Singapore-Shandong Business Council (SSBC), the first of its kind, in the early 1990s, and had his political secretary Tang Guan Seng head it.

"I think the idea was right," he told Shandong province party secretary Jiang Yikang, governor Guo Shuqing, Jinan party secretary Wang Min and other senior officials yesterday.

"The key measure of success to me is that the investments are Singapore investments, whereas in the Suzhou industrial park there are many other foreign investors," he said during a lunch meeting with the province's leadership.

Singapore is the third largest foreign investor in Shandong.

SSBC co-chairman and Minister of State for Trade and Industry Teo Ser Luck said that the sharp growth in investment has been due to the cutting of red tape for Singapore companies, plus investors' recognition of the province's untapped potential and lower costs compared to more mature counterparts like Jiangsu, Guangdong and Shanghai.

Those three remain the top destinations for Singaporean investment. But Shandong has overtaken provinces such as Sichuan and Zhejiang in attracting Singaporean dollars.

"The relationship we have built with our Shandong counterparts has smoothened out a lot of processes for Singapore businesses," he said. "They have really pushed for us, thanks to the trust we have built over the years."

Shandong governor Guo Shuqing, who previously headed the Securities Regulatory Commission, said that Shandong can learn a lot from Singapore, although the countries' social systems are different.

"Singapore has a lot of experience to teach us in social management, especially in the areas of public housing, eldercare and health care," he told Mr Goh.

After the meeting, Mr Goh travelled to Qingdao, also in Shandong, where he met several Singapore businessmen operating in the province for dinner.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
more like GCT say: see lah. i cheat more sinkie businessmen into throwing money away to communists fuckers!!!

"The key measure of success to me is that the investments are Singapore investments, whereas in the Suzhou industrial park there are many other foreign investors," he said during a lunch meeting with the province's leadership.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
S'pore's Shandong strategy right: ESM Goh

Rachel Chang
The Straits Times
Monday, Apr 14, 2014

Singaporean investment in the coastal province of Shandong has leapt in the past year by 60 per cent to US$1.1 billion (S$1.37 billion), making it one of China's fastest-growing areas of interest for local companies.

Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong said yesterday that this is a far cry from his last visit to the province in 1993 when he was prime minister.

Then, despite lobbying from Shandong officials, Singapore decided to place its first Chinese developmental project, an industrial park, in Suzhou, Jiangsu province, instead.

On his second visit to the province's capital city of Jinan 21 years later, he noted that the passage of time had turned his hair white but made the city a gleaming up-and-coming metropolis that exports high-end goods rather than the apples, pears and groundnuts of yore.

"We know that the Shandong people were disappointed," he said of the decision then. "But I had a different idea for cooperation." This was that Singapore investment into Shandong should be broad-based, rather than concentrated on one area like an industrial park.

To facilitate this, Mr Goh set up the Singapore-Shandong Business Council (SSBC), the first of its kind, in the early 1990s, and had his political secretary Tang Guan Seng head it.

"I think the idea was right," he told Shandong province party secretary Jiang Yikang, governor Guo Shuqing, Jinan party secretary Wang Min and other senior officials yesterday.

Singapore is the third largest foreign investor in Shandong.

SSBC co-chairman and Minister of State for Trade and Industry Teo Ser Luck said that the sharp growth in investment has been due to the cutting of red tape for Singapore companies, plus investors' recognition of the province's untapped potential and lower costs compared to more mature counterparts like Jiangsu, Guangdong and Shanghai.

Those three remain the top destinations for Singaporean investment. But Shandong has overtaken provinces such as Sichuan and Zhejiang in attracting Singaporean dollars.

"The relationship we have built with our Shandong counterparts has smoothened out a lot of processes for Singapore businesses," he said. "They have really pushed for us, thanks to the trust we have built over the years."

Shandong governor Guo Shuqing, who previously headed the Securities Regulatory Commission, said that Shandong can learn a lot from Singapore, although the countries' social systems are different.

"Singapore has a lot of experience to teach us in social management, especially in the areas of public housing, eldercare and health care," he told Mr Goh.

After the meeting, Mr Goh travelled to Qingdao, also in Shandong, where he met several Singapore businessmen operating in the province for dinner.

2013-11-09 19.50.33.jpg

yaaaaawwwwnnnnssss......did anybody ask whether those Shandong fuckers offered him anything in return for his "kindness"???

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why should a political party, the PAP be involved in investing in a foreign country:confused:

They should be looking after Spore & Spreans & leave the business to businessmen.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why should a political party, the PAP be involved in investing in a foreign country:confused:

They should be looking after Spore & Spreans & leave the business to businessmen.

Because they are too stupid to have learnt the bitter lesson after being screwed just once

AungSanSuShi

Alfrescian
Loyal
A little bird told me that to get business moving in Shandong, you have to pay huge bribes. Chinese Communist Party should investigate Wang Min for serious breaches of "party discipline", including keeping mistresses.