• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GCB cannot walk properly @MRT cause rush hour delays! Siao Liao! GPGT! 傻屄!

Taksama_b_l

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...yed-womans-leg-stuck-in-platform-gap-11422238

Singapore Circle Line service delayed during morning rush hour after woman's leg gets stuck in platform gap

The incident happened at Buona Vista MRT. (Photo: Facebook/Brandon Wong)

08 Apr 2019 04:07PM (Updated: 08 Apr 2019 04:10PM)
Share this content

• circle-line-commuter-leg-trapped-in-platform-gap.jpg
  • circle-line-delay-apr-8.jpg

Bookmark

SINGAPORE: Train service on the Circle Line was briefly delayed during the morning rush hour on Monday (Apr 8) after a commuter’s leg became trapped in the gap between the platform and a train.
This happened at about 8.45am at Buona Vista MRT station, said SMRT vice president of corporate communications Margaret Teo.

“The emergency stop feature located at the platform was immediately activated. Our station staff and other commuters went to her assistance and freed her leg," Ms Teo said in response to CNA's queries.
“As a result of the incident, train service was delayed for around 10 minutes. Commuters were informed of the service delay via in-train and station announcements."
The woman was taken to hospital, Ms Teo said, adding that SMRT's care team is reaching out to her.

An announcement of the delay seen on a Circle Line train, shared with CNA by a commuter.

Commuter Brandon Wong took to Facebook to describe the incident at Buona Vista MRT station.
He said the train was “full to the brim” and that passengers were rushing to get out when the woman was pushed and fell.
"Her right leg got caught in the gap and was stuck from the knee downwards," he said.
According to Mr Wong, other passengers could have done more to help the woman.
"I had to shout 'Press the emergency button!' three times before another passenger activated the emergency stop button. Those precious seconds could have determined life or death," he wrote.
"Make way for any first responders to help, make way for the SMRT service staff rushing down to assist the lady, make way for the injured party when a safe space is required."
He also said that while SMRT employees at the station were "wonderfully helpful" and reacted as fast as they could, they were not adequately trained to handle such situations.
“I understand that the morning crowd at Buona Vista can get pretty unmanageable, but there has to be more urgency. Furthermore, any talk of an ambulance wasn’t even initiated until more than 10 mins later. In my view, that’s far too slow,” Mr Wong wrote on Facebook.
He added that one of SMRT's employees grew "anxious" and raised his voice at the woman to move her leg.

"I am not trying to vilify your organisation, I just wish there would be no more incidents like these," he continued.
"Your staff were wonderfully helpful but were obviously not trained for such situations. To the poor lady who was caught, I hope you feel much better and have not sustained any serious injuries."
Source: CNA/zl(gs)

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
circle-line-commuter-leg-trapped-in-platform-gap.jpg

SINGAPORE: Train service on the Circle Line was briefly delayed during the morning rush hour on Monday (Apr 8) after a commuter’s leg became trapped in the gap between the platform and a train.

This happened at about 8.45am at Buona Vista MRT station, said SMRT vice president of corporate communications Margaret Teo.

“The emergency stop feature located at the platform was immediately activated. Our station staff and other commuters went to her assistance and freed her leg," Ms Teo said in response to CNA's queries.

“As a result of the incident, train service was delayed for around 10 minutes. Commuters were informed of the service delay via in-train and station announcements."

The woman was taken to hospital, Ms Teo said, adding that SMRT's care team is reaching out to her.

Commuter Brandon Wong took to Facebook to describe the incident at Buona Vista MRT station.

He said the train was “full to the brim” and that passengers were rushing to get out when the woman was pushed and fell.

"Her right leg got caught in the gap and was stuck from the knee downwards," he said.

According to Mr Wong, other passengers could have done more to help the woman.

"I had to shout 'Press the emergency button!' three times before another passenger activated the emergency stop button. Those precious seconds could have determined life or death," he wrote.

"Make way for any first responders to help, make way for the SMRT service staff rushing down to assist the lady, make way for the injured party when a safe space is required."

He also said that while SMRT employees at the station were "wonderfully helpful" and reacted as fast as they could, they were not adequately trained to handle such situations.

“I understand that the morning crowd at Buona Vista can get pretty unmanageable, but there has to be more urgency. Furthermore, any talk of an ambulance wasn’t even initiated until more than 10 mins later. In my view, that’s far too slow,” Mr Wong wrote on Facebook.

He added that one of SMRT's employees grew "anxious" and raised his voice at the woman to move her leg.

Here’s an example of why there needs to be more training in your corporation.

One of your staff was anxious and raising his voice at the woman, yelling “Move your leg! Move your leg or we cannot help!”, before she responded loudly while crying “I can’t it’s too painful!”.

How can you shout at the lady when her leg was stuck?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156532243773655

"I am not trying to vilify your organisation, I just wish there would be no more incidents like these," he continued.

"Your staff were wonderfully helpful but were obviously not trained for such situations. To the poor lady who was caught, I hope you feel much better and have not sustained any serious injuries."

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...yed-womans-leg-stuck-in-platform-gap-11422238

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of your staff was anxious and raising his voice at the woman, yelling “Move your leg! Move your leg or we cannot help!”, before she responded loudly while crying “I can’t it’s too painful!”.

SMRT's motto: Moving People, Enhancing Lives. :biggrin:

RRn7Lzf.jpg

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN should be bird leg KNN elephant leg how to get caught in such a narrow gap KNN
can also, as bird leg is up to knee level which is similar to female shitskin legs - where it gets bigger, larger and thicker - joining the waist as spare tayars and love handles :whistling:

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
is she insurance scammer? looks slightly obese.. fat leg can still get caught? likely eyes glued to mobile phone...if so, she singlehandedly cause disruption to entire train commuters. she shohld be fined $5,000.00

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN shouted 3 times is about the correct times KNN first time shout is to gather attention KNN 2nd time is for passengers to decide which passengers to press KNN 3rd time is the firing shot KNN as it is not very possible to happen in first shout KNN also after press button it is no longer an emergency KNN so make space for mrt staffs to go there is not say not required but in the first place there are not much space to make space with the crowd KNN

Buckethead

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is not a kid or old folk yet got her leg stuck when walking in/out of the train ? her eyes must be on the mobile phone for sure....