• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gay Phone Inc's final & ending crisis, competitor Samsung is the only potential supplier of FOLDABLE OLED screen!

TemaseX

Alfrescian
Loyal

Only Samsung and Chinese can make foldable OLED screens. Samsung at least is known to be a supplier offering OLED for sale as a COMPONENT SUPPLIER. Huawei don't sell them. Gay Phone Inc as usual don't possess ANY MANUFACTURING NOR RESEARCH CAPABILITY of phone components. ALL it's CPU / GPU RAM FLASH & 3G 4G 5G chips are purchased from suppliers, OLED screens currently from Samsung. This is not the worst thing yet, the worse thing is Key Component Supplier e.g. Qualcomm already sued Gay Phone Inc and won and had court order banning sales of Gay Phones!

Huawei & Samsung pushed out foldable smart phones now. Gay Phone Inc don't have no shit to even show!

This is FINAL & ENDING Crisis for Gay Phone Inc's existence.

Yet, not the coffin. But it is the final crisis during the ending stage, when it can still struggle - inside the ICU.

The next stage is flat and clear terminal, which is like unplugging all from the ICU, already. Which is none other than 5G.

Samsung and Hwawei are players in the 5G cell site and networking equipment, and technologies, and Kimchi clearly lost to Chinese there, Gay Phone Inc & USA are ZEROs in this game. Net zero! Totally BLANK! This is coffin and this is crematorium and pse pay Ang Pao to bribe Mandai undertakers or they will use foot to kick your casket!

HongKanSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid fucking Apple is buying their OLED screens from Samsung and in the worlds' most ridiculously DISADVANTAGED LOSER Competition.

Likewise USA is borrowing Trillions & Trillions from China hoping to use that money to fight against China!

This kind of joke is more silly than Mr. Bean show.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mentality of some non iPhone supporters very funny.
Want ito boast Samsung or Huawei good then go ahead....why must scold and put down iPhone calling names?
Iphone demise and Samsung popular they got money ah? They associate themselves with Samsung then Samsung become popular they are winners?
That said I think the folding phone very power.
Will wait for Apple to come out with one then I’ll buy it

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mentality of some non iPhone supporters very funny.
Want ito boast Samsung or Huawei good then go ahead....why must scold and put down iPhone calling names?
Iphone demise and Samsung popular they got money ah? They associate themselves with Samsung then Samsung become popular they are winners?
That said I think the folding phone very power.
Will wait for Apple to come out with one then I’ll buy it

Inferiority complex... and I say that as an Android user.

Some of the Android/tech forums out there are infested with deluded fanboys.

The worst are Sony fanboys, who still believe that Xperia phones are still relevant and 'iSheeps' and 'Shamesung' should be worried about Sony as a competitor.

Never mind if Sony Mobile has been bleeding money every year, and the market share of Xperia phones is not a fart in the wind these days.

https://www.statista.com/statistics...by-smartphone-vendors-since-4th-quarter-2009/

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Inferiority complex... and I say that as an Android user.

Some of the Android/tech forums out there are infested with deluded fanboys.

The worst are Sony fanboys, who still believe that Xperia phones are still relevant and 'iSheeps' and 'Shamesung' should be worried about Sony as a competitor.

Never mind if Sony Mobile has been bleeding money every year, and the market share of Xperia phones is not a fart in the wind these days.

https://www.statista.com/statistics...by-smartphone-vendors-since-4th-quarter-2009/
Sony phones did have potential. But for years, their products are not consistent. It seems once a phone is released they go to sleep. And there are alot of Sony fanboys out there. And when comparing these Sony fan boys to 'I'diots. It do make these Idiots seem much smarter. Sad but true

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It’s perfectly alright to be a fanboy of any brand.
But why resort to name calling etc
Many factors determine an individual’s choice of a phone.....one man’s meat is another man’s poison.

Back to folding phone. I think screen protector will be a problem

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Galaxy Fold is just a novelty item, only those with plenty of money to burn will buy it.

It's Samsung's way to brag about 'being the first' to have a device with a foldable display. The novelty factor is there, and expect lots of playing around with it at the Samsung stores.

But for most others, if they're looking to buy a 2019 Galaxy phone it's one of the other three: S10E, S10, S10+.

The S10E could potentially sell very well, its lower price point makes it a direct competitor of the iPhone XR. The S10E's battery seems a bit underwhelming, better wait for the comprehensive reviews to come out first.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I want a roll up phone. Can roll up put inside CB when ring act like vibrator. Then unroll become tablet.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
https://9to5google.com/2019/02/22/huawei-mate-x-foldable-phone-leak/

1550897943387.png

Just the other day, Samsung officially revealed the Galaxy Fold, its first device with a foldable display. At MWC 2019, though, it seems Huawei is getting ready to launch the foldable Huawei Mate X, and a leaked banner has provided our first look.

Posted on Chinese social media (original source unclear, via Twitter), a banner on display at MWC 2019 has given us our first sneak peek at the Huawei Mate X, the company’s first foldable smartphone. The device flips Samsung’s concept on its head by folding with the screen outwards instead of in. That means there’s only one display on the Mate X rather than the two Samsung opted for.

Of course, there’s still a whole lot we don’t know about the Huawei Mate X. Pricing details aren’t on the banner, although we can see that this device will pack 5G. Huawei is set to host a press conference on February 24th to unveil a slew of new products including its foldable phone. Hopefully, it’ll give the Galaxy Fold a run for its money.

At a glance, I’ll personally say I love this concept. All of the display hardware seems to be contained in a portion along the left side of the “back” of the device which also has multiple cameras and some Huawei branding. It also looks like, unlike the Galaxy Fold, Huawei’s foldable phone will sit flush with the rest of the device when closed.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://9to5google.com/2019/02/22/huawei-mate-x-foldable-phone-leak/

View attachment 54534

Just the other day, Samsung officially revealed the Galaxy Fold, its first device with a foldable display. At MWC 2019, though, it seems Huawei is getting ready to launch the foldable Huawei Mate X, and a leaked banner has provided our first look.

Posted on Chinese social media (original source unclear, via Twitter), a banner on display at MWC 2019 has given us our first sneak peek at the Huawei Mate X, the company’s first foldable smartphone. The device flips Samsung’s concept on its head by folding with the screen outwards instead of in. That means there’s only one display on the Mate X rather than the two Samsung opted for.

Of course, there’s still a whole lot we don’t know about the Huawei Mate X. Pricing details aren’t on the banner, although we can see that this device will pack 5G. Huawei is set to host a press conference on February 24th to unveil a slew of new products including its foldable phone. Hopefully, it’ll give the Galaxy Fold a run for its money.

At a glance, I’ll personally say I love this concept. All of the display hardware seems to be contained in a portion along the left side of the “back” of the device which also has multiple cameras and some Huawei branding. It also looks like, unlike the Galaxy Fold, Huawei’s foldable phone will sit flush with the rest of the device when closed.
Wow Huawei doing a better job than Samsung. I don't feel like buying Samsung now

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Samsung Galaxy Fold is the stunning phone nobody wants

David Court08:00, Feb 24 2019

1550960144541.jpg

SUPPLIED

Samsung president of mobile, DJ Koh, at the Unpacked presentation, where the company revealed a foldable phone.

OPINION: An odd thing happened in the smartphone world this week. Samsung hosted its annual February Unpacked event, and as expected, it launched its latest Galaxy S device with a supporting cast of peripherals in the shape of Galaxy Buds for US$129 ($190.50) and the Galaxy Active and Fit smartwatches (US$199 and US$99).

However, what was unique about this year's event was the fact that the Galaxy S10 smartphone didn't grab the headlines. The new, and bendy, Samsung Galaxy Fold did. As did its US $1980 price tag.

This is important because it's uncharted waters for Samsung. And the industry. For nearly a decade the Samsung Galaxy S has been the consistent rival to the iPhone's dominance. And as such, each new Galaxy S phone launch gets a lot of attention. And sales. This has been the way for ten years.

That's all changed a bit now. Technology journalists and sites aren't talking about the Samsung Galaxy S10 and its excellent new features (which I'll come to in a bit). Instead, the spotlight is on something entirely new - the Samsung Galaxy Fold.

READ MORE:
* Samsung unveil Galaxy S10 and new folding smartphone
* New year, new Samsung mobile phone - and a new look?
* Galaxy Note 9: Do you really need all that power?

It's a bit of a risky play from Samsung. Consumers haven't been crying out for foldable smartphones. In my opinion, consumers want what they've always wanted. Smartphones will better battery performance and faster downloads speeds.

And thanks to 5G, the Samsung Galaxy S10 was, and is, a device that solves half of the puzzle.

But now, thanks to a foldable phone/tablet, no-one is talking about the massive leap to 5G connectivity. Instead, we all want to know more about the Galaxy Fold.

1550960144541.jpg

ABIGAIL DOUGHERTY/STUFF

David Court: "Is there really a need for foldable smartphones? I'm not convinced."

Samsung Galaxy Fold

Samsung has been teasing and leaking details about a foldable phone for several years now. Has it been worth the wait? Kind of. But at the same time, not really.

This thing isn't just a foldable device with nothing else to offer. It's a fully-fledged device with flagship-standard specs to match - available with 5G or LTE connectivity.

The screen is a masterpiece in terms of innovation. It's a 7.3-inch Infinity Flex Display (4.2:3 ratio) that seamlessly folds into a smaller 4.6-inch display (12:9). This allows the Fold to double up as a traditional, albeit tall, smartphone as well as a mini tablet.

Driving the phone is an unnamed 7nm 64-bit octa-core processor and a huge 12GB of RAM. This is combined with 512GB of internal storage and, not one, but two batteries with a total capacity of 4380mAh.

The Galaxy Fold boasts six cameras too. Three rear-facing cameras. Two on the inside. And one on the front.

So, it's like I said, a regular high-end smartphone that bends...Which doesn't really do it for me.

1550960144541.jpg

SUPPLIED

Do you want a foldable phone?

Samsung Galaxy S10

If, like me, you're not up for paying a small fortune for a foldable smartphone, you're more likely to look at Samsung's more traditional line-up of high-end smartphones.

And the good news is that you've got plenty to choose from. But this is also where things get even more confusing, as Samsung launched four different Galaxy S10 devices. The S10, S10E, S10 Plus and S10 5G.

Each of these devices is aimed at slightly different price points, with the Galaxy S10E being the most affordable at US $749.99. The Galaxy S10 Plus is officially the most expensive with a price tag of US$999, but that's only because Samsung hasn't revealed an official RRP for the Galaxy S10 5G. Which will certainly be more expensive due to its bigger screen and, er, 5G.

The most innovative feature of the S10 range is its reverse wireless charging. This really is good. The new feature allows you to wirelessly charge your Galaxy Buds or Galaxy Active/Fit watches, by simply resting them on your S10 device.

Specs wise, there's not really anything else that's too cavalier from the S10 range. Its cameras cover an excellent range of modes: wide-angle, optical zoom, good night modes etc. And they each boast good HD front-facing cameras too. In other words, exactly what you'd expect from a new Galaxy S.

A bit of a mess

So what should we make of this event from Samsung? It's a bit of a mess, isn't it? Let's be honest. Which is a shame. The biggest news for consumers is that Samsung has an excellent 5G flagship device that's about to launch. That's genuinely exciting. And the mobile technology to support it is now available on a mainstream device.

But that's not what we're all thinking about, is it? Instead, we're all left thinking about the Galaxy Fold. And it's US$2000 price tag.

Is there really a need for foldable smartphones? I'm not convinced. But I do know this trend isn't going away anytime soon though. Next week Barcelona will host MWC (Mobile World Congress) and I'm sure we'll be seeing at least one more major smartphone manufacturer launch a bendy phone there.

Stuff