• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

From EM3 to PhD: A*Star researcher scored 124 for PSLE

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jolene Ang

While he may be a research fellow now, Dr Vincent Lim's journey to obtaining his PhD was anything but predictable.
He started as an EM3 pupil in primary school, a stream for academically weaker pupils that was scrapped in 2008. With a Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) score of 124, he made it only to the Normal (Academic) stream in secondary school.

TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE
Thank you for reading The Straits Times
You have reached one of our Premium stories. To continue reading, get access now or log in if you are a subscriber.
WHAT IS PREMIUM?

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
What does this show?
Was the PAP Government right in scrapping the system in 2008?
What about the children who passed through the system?
Was the PAP Government correct in implementing such a poLEEcy in the first place?
Is the PAP always right?

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is A*STAR putting up such an article?

facesofastar-masthead.jpg

BECOMING A SCIENTIST: BEYOND PSLE SCORES
faces-astar-beyond-psle-scores.jpg

From EM3 to First Class Honours
Dr Vincent Lim, Institute of Medical Biology
PSLE Score: 124
faces%20of%20astar%20-%20dr%20vincent%20lim.jpg

Grades Do Not Determine the Rest of Your Life
Dr Alicia Wong, Singapore Immunology Network
PSLE Score: 216
faces%20of%20astar%20-%20dr%20alicia%20wong.jpg

Repaying a Lifelong 'Debt' to Society
Dr Liang Huiguang, Institute of High Performance Computing
PSLE Score: 254
faces%20of%20astar%20-%20dr%20liang%20huiguang.jpg

https://www.a-star.edu.sg/News-and-Events/Faces-of-A-STAR/ID/7324

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who is crazy enough to pay to read this article?

LOL...the PAP mouthpiece is desperateLEE trying to fight for survival. In today's world, information is readily available FREE and from the source.
I recommend the Chinese TV series 'Enterpreneurial' to better understand the thinking behind the real innovative business world of today and tomorrow.
Thanks for your post.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Jolene Ang

While he may be a research fellow now, Dr Vincent Lim's journey to obtaining his PhD was anything but predictable.
He started as an EM3 pupil in primary school, a stream for academically weaker pupils that was scrapped in 2008. With a Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) score of 124, he made it only to the Normal (Academic) stream in secondary school.

TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE
Thank you for reading The Straits Times
You have reached one of our Premium stories. To continue reading, get access now or log in if you are a subscriber.
WHAT IS PREMIUM?

It's quite impossible for an EM3 student to get a phD, especially if his studies continued to be poor through secondary school. Did he cheat in his exams or obtained his credentials from a degree mill?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jobs aren't about academic scores.

But wait, Harry Lee criticised Chiam See Tong for his weak academic background and guess what? Harry died, Chiam still lives.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Jobs aren't about academic scores.

But wait, Harry Lee criticised Chiam See Tong for his weak academic background and guess what? Harry died, Chiam still lives.

A phD holder gets his phD because of his success in academia. We are not talking about a successful chicken rice seller here. I think I would have to call up A*Star HR to check this Vincent's credentials more thoroughly. Did he get his masters and phD from some degree mill?

guess what? Harry died, Chiam still lives.

Chiam is drooling like a child. He even needs PAP Sitoh to feed him and wipe his mouth.

mbpix237.jpg

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
A phD holder gets his phD because of his success in academia. We are not talking about a successful chicken rice seller here. I think I would have to call up A*Star HR to check this Vincent's credentials more thoroughly. Did he get his masters and phD from some degree mill?

Chiam is drooling like a child. He even needs PAP Sitoh to feed him and wipe his mouth.

mbpix237.jpg

Chiam See Tong ???

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

mbpix237.jpg

An academic is a motherfucker like you.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is A*STAR putting up such an article?

facesofastar-masthead.jpg

BECOMING A SCIENTIST: BEYOND PSLE SCORES
faces-astar-beyond-psle-scores.jpg

From EM3 to First Class Honours
Dr Vincent Lim, Institute of Medical Biology
PSLE Score: 124
faces%20of%20astar%20-%20dr%20vincent%20lim.jpg

Grades Do Not Determine the Rest of Your Life
Dr Alicia Wong, Singapore Immunology Network
PSLE Score: 216
faces%20of%20astar%20-%20dr%20alicia%20wong.jpg

Repaying a Lifelong 'Debt' to Society
Dr Liang Huiguang, Institute of High Performance Computing
PSLE Score: 254
faces%20of%20astar%20-%20dr%20liang%20huiguang.jpg

https://www.a-star.edu.sg/News-and-Events/Faces-of-A-STAR/ID/7324
Am I the only one who cannot remember my PSLE score?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's quite impossible for an EM3 student to get a phD, especially if his studies continued to be poor through secondary school. Did he cheat in his exams or obtained his credentials from a degree mill?

His degree costs A*Star $1 million. Which degree mill did he get it from?