• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Free Resume Writing Service

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
"If u are your own boss, u can't get the sack but ur biz may go bust. "

I guess I am "lucky". It was not plain sailing. I tried, and tried, and tried, and never say die !! I banged a few walls, met a few crooks, suffered minor losses, and I never give up. In the end, I learn how to differentiate between men and boys, how to walk away from crooks, make morons my lunch, and make imbeciles my dinner - that's how I survive. A few hard knocks, learn a great deal of lessons, learn about pitfalls, fell a couple of times and pick myself up and continue with the journey. Yep !! Here I am, standing on my own 2 feet and avoid costly mistake to cause my biz to go BUST !!

Given the current uncertainty, there is little that separates between getting a job or starting your own business although there are different elements of problems and risks.

If u are your own boss, u can't get the sack but ur biz may go bust.
If u are employed, u never know when u will be retrenched.

resume_assist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reached 100 resume / cover letter target

Hi Bros

Personally I have enjoyed talking to each of you who needed some pointers and help. Given that there are now many applications, it would be good to have a good resume of good readability and emphasis on your strengths to get that desired job.

If you need any help, in resume or cover letter writing or even how to conduct yourself in an interview, feel free to email me at [email protected].

Read this thread and you know there are really no strings attached. :wink:

Keep your queries coming and I wish you all the very best when the 2009 work year officially commence on Monday. :wink:

With best regards

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great to see people offer such service for free.

I think we should not doubt his efforts.

How many of you actually add in your photo when you send in your resume or CV?

Having a photo makes your CV stands out if you are decent looking, because many people who send in their CVs do not have their photos. It's like a red among a sea of yellows. Your CV may not be the best, but with a photo, it helps in getting an interview.

Another thing I would like to add is, you do not need to be pretty or handsome, but at least have a decent photo taken. :o

JadedBeach

Alfrescian
Loyal
Silverfox,

i beg to differ.

i'd rather not put in a picture - it's not necessary.

in my past experience, when we plough through hundreds of resumes for students seeking internship or graduates seeking analyst positions, there may be potential employers tossing out CVs due to a multitude of reasons - e.g. education, experience, job suitability, looks, etc. i am not implying that good looking people have an advantage. contrary to popular belief, a good looking pic may also be "penalized". it's already challenging enough to compete in light of current economic situation. and imho, there is no need to add another "obstacle" in getting the next interview.

juz beach

resume_assist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Adding a photo to your resume

In my humble opinion, I am neutral to whether there is an advantage to adding a photo.

I would just like to remind everyone that in case you do add your photo, please ensure it is a recent photo (less than 6 months) and is taken professionally.

I have seen situations where the recruiter and the interviewer often gets a surprise to see the difference between the photo image and the real person. If this is the case, I would advise against adding your photo :p:p

gino allesio

It is very kind of you to offer your time and expertise.
Some people might not be comfortable doing it that way everyone is different.
I have used a free online resume service to make mine myself.
I filled in the blanks and they formatted it etc.
And I did NOT have to pay at the end!
I just thought this might help people. :biggrin:

kevinjarge

I would like to thank resume_assist! You did a great job to help others. The main purpose of the resume is to get the interview. After reading the resume, employers should want to get to know them better. The important factor is they must have complete control over whatever their resume tells about them. What do you think about hiring someone to write a resume worth paying several hundred dollars? Thanks in advance.