• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Free Resume Writing Service

resume_assist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bros

Given the worldwide recession and gloom, there are now more people looking for jobs. While I cannot improve the available job vacancies, I would like to help out by providing a free service in professional resume (CV) writing.

I am semi-retired and have worked for a long while in MNCs and recruitment agencies. I have read countless resumes from potential candidates and no matter how good you are, the resume and the cover letter is the first impression a potential company would have of you. Next comes the interview process and then the hire process.

I don't have a website and I am not doing this for commercial purposes.
If you are keen, I would invite you to send me your resume to the email address below. If you are skeptical, you can replace all the sensitive information like your real name, address, contact no and current and past companies with fictitious names. This will help you protect your confidentiality.

I would edit your resume and offer some of my suggestions like formatting, using some terms which would improve and increase the impact of your resume. Please note that I am just an advocate and makes no claims that I can do a better resume than you. We will correspond by email if we need to improve the resume further.

If you are interested, please send your resume in word format to [email protected]. I will reply to you asap with the before/after version of your resume.

Just trying to help. There are no strings attached.

resume_assist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read my post again. You are to use fictitious names. Leave out your address and contact and u don't have to mentioned your current and previous company, just described it like "major software company", "large local subsidiary" etc.

Pls don't be too paranoid.:wink::biggrin:

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow... free service aye...
thinking-f2f7a183c8.gif

friskygambit

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are providing a great service by offering to help people free of charge.

I think if only more people were to do their part and offer whatever help they can (in areas where they have expertise), Singapore will be a much better place.

resume_assist

Alfrescian
Loyal

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pasting sample templates would be the easy thing to do. Everyone can check them out at these sites. I am trying to help edit and enhance the resumes on a personal level rather than to post generic samples.

Yeah all these link, samples and sources are sufficient enough for those who needs it for reference. You can't spoon feed them, references are there and they need to learn by themselves

resume_assist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just trying to help. If I can help one more person get employed, I think there will be one less family in financial distress and anxiety. BTW, just finished the first resume from a bro who emailed me. Hope he will find it useful.

resume_assist

Alfrescian
Loyal
you got relative in ISD or SIB?

It is really disappointing to learn of such paranoia and indifference our society today. If I asked for a fee to edit a resume, I am profiteering, if I do it for free, then there is a catch somewhere. Damn if I do and damn if I don't. :(

For bros in need of help to seek employment, pls send your resume (masked or otherwise) to [email protected].

For others with not too constructive comments, kindly desecrate other threads and have a good life. :smile:

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
not trying to throw in the wet blanket, but in times like these when companies are either shedding staff like lamb losing their fleece, or they're conservative in hiring. no matter how impressive the resume/ CV or cover letter be written, the only leverage is any sucker who's willing to hold more jobscopes, work longer hours, for a miserable remuneration.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is life.
Peoples are suspicious by nature.
Think of the Nigerian emails scams and one should always be careful in the anonymous world of internet.

It's kind of the TS to offer help to fellow bros here in resume writing. Don't be put off by sarcastic remarks.

CENWEN

Alfrescian
Loyal
sad to say this but in times like this, employers favours FTs with good qualifications who are willing to accept low salaries. :mad:

resume_assist

Alfrescian
Loyal
not trying to throw in the wet blanket, but in times like these when companies are either shedding staff like lamb losing their fleece, or they're conservative in hiring. no matter how impressive the resume/ CV or cover letter be written, the only leverage is any sucker who's willing to hold more jobscopes, work longer hours, for a miserable remuneration.

This is true. The resume is only the entry ticket. The rest is up to the individual on how desperate he is for the job. Look from the employer perspective. This is the buyer (employer) world today. So I will screen thru the resumes, select a few and try to get the best for the price I can afford. Question here is: What would make a resume stand out? Willingness to work for less is attractive but for a wise employer, there is more that meets the eye. Cheers, :wink:

resume_assist

Alfrescian
Loyal
i suspect this fellow works for some headhunting company.

Here we go again....:rolleyes:

Believe me, a headhunting company has enough resumes and CVs on their desks now. The supply is 10 times more than the demand, and their websites are automated to receive all resumes. If I am a headhunter, I don't have the time to edit ur resumes, I will be devoting more time to get companies to hire.

Now let's count the accusations so far: :smile:
1. I am after identify theft
2. I have relations at ISD and other agencies
3. Now I am a headhunter.

:smile: