• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

France will not win the World Cup

Arena

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Deschamps: France will not win the World Cup

347748_heroa.jpg

By Stefan Coerts
Apr 16, 2014 10:00:00 AM

The 45-year-old feels les Bleus are no longer one of the elite sides in international football and has dismissed the idea he is 'the French Jose Mourinho'

Didier Deschamps does not believe that France are among the favourites to win the 2014 World Cup and has downplayed expectations ahead of this summer's tournament.

Les Bleus were eliminated in the group stages during the 2010 World Cup and only qualified for the finals in Brazil after beating Ukraine in the play-offs and head coach Deschamps feels France are no longer one of the elite national sides in the world.

"There are six or seven teams out there that head into the competition to win it, but France are not among those teams," Deschamps told RMC.

"Our first objective is to win our opening game against Honduras on June 15.

"The last time France won a World Cup group-stage match was against Togo in 2006. We are no longer among the elite teams in Europe or worldwide.

"I am a realist and keeping my feet on the ground. Is France's level that of the first leg against Ukraine or that of the return? We have to rely on what we did in the second game and try and replicate that each match."

Deschamps then went on to laugh off suggestions that he is the French equivalent of Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.

"Am I the French Mourinho? No, no," he added.

"I have talked with great coaches like Mourinho and [Vicente] del Bosque and they have had their fair share of luck, too. You need a lot of things to go your way. And you have to believe in yourself in difficult situations."