• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Former YPAP member apologises to kindergarten over offensive post

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
20111120.110527_20111120-huda.jpg

A former Young People's Action Party (YPAP) member who posted a picture of kindergarten pupils with an offensive caption has written an apology to the school.

Mr Jason Neo, 30, has also asked permission to visit the school, Huda Kindergarten, so that he can apologise in person.

A copy of the letter was sent to The Straits Times yesterday.

Mr Neo is currently being investigated by the police for posting on Facebook a photo of Huda Kindergarten pupils in a school bus.

In the caption, Mr Neo wrote: "Bus filled with young terrorist trainees?"

The incident caused online furore and resulted in several police reports lodged against him. He has since resigned from YP last week.

In the apology letter, Mr Neo said: "I wish to offer Huda Kindergarten, its students and their parents or guardians my utmost sincere and unreserved apology. I had no intention whatsoever to cause any hurt or offence to your school, or to the members of any race or religion."

He explained that he had uploaded the photo in a 'moment of folly' and deleted it from his Facebook wall when he realised how offensive it could be.

"I humbly seek Huda Kindergarten's forgiveness for my insensitive action. I will also be honoured if you permit me to visit Huda Kindergarten to apologise in person for the hurt I have caused," he said.

YP's chairman and vice-chairman, Mr Teo Ser Luck and Mr Zaqy Mohamad, visited Huda Kindergarten yesterday morning to apologise in person.

They met with the principal and owner of the kindergarten, Mr Syed Abdul Rahman Al Tahir, toured the kindergarten and met some of the parents, who were there for a parent-teacher conference.

Mr Zaqy said the reaction they got was 'warm'.

He told The Straits Times that they conveyed their apoligies and regrets over the incident, and assured that they would help with the concerns of the parents.

Mr Syed said the school appreciated the visit and will forward Mr Neo's letter to parents as well as convey the apology from Mr Teo and Mr Zaqy.

The school will also consider Mr Neo's request to visit and will issue an official statement in the next few days.

[email protected]

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i don't understand, why must 2 MPs go clean backside of a YPAP mbr? an ex-YPAP mbr for that part.

wayang? Hopefully to get off with a slap on the wrist?

how come i don't see MPs / ministers apologising for letting in so many foreigners & screw up our infrastructure?

Tonychatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
381633_2497671993859_1014653538_2864162_1487335117_n.jpg

Why do Sinkies like to post such brainless stupid stuff online? They believe in online anonymity like Scroobal? :rolleyes:

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
I told you so! Just apologised & everything will be just smooth! Aspiring to have authority without responsibility? Aspiring for the actions without consequences? Craving for the piece of adrenalin rush of prestige without accountability? Join PAP!! Sign up at authorised porlumpar stores near you! Always Boast But Never Close!

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
No fire without spark. So what now, will the school mellow down the ignition.

Last edited:

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
No fire without spark. So what now, will the school mellow down the ignition.
Apologised END OF ISSUE! No consequences borne! This is how PAP works! Limping mat got away from police custody & nobody was responsible for it, what is just a word said about a bunch of would be terrorist in grooming? PAP stands for the ultimate in No Consequences! No Responsibility! No Accountability!