• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Former One Direction star Zayn Malik Renounces Islam! Islamists To Issue Death Fatwa Already?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
5beea4a648eb121e532021d2-750-563.jpg

Zayn Malik’s revelation this week that he no longer considers himself a Muslim did not go unnoticed.

His quotes about religion were tucked into a British Vogue interview in which he maybe, kinda confirmed the rumors that Taylor Swift has avoided the paparazzi by hiding in a suitcase and gushed about his romance with Gigi Hadid. But they were there, and they were different than what he’s said in the past.

“To be honest, I’ve never spoken publicly about what my religious beliefs are. I’m not professed to be a Muslim,” said Malik, 25, who was raised in the religion.

When asked if he would call himself a Muslim now, the Brit said: “No, I wouldn’t.

“I believe whatever people’s religious beliefs are is between them and whoever or whatever they’re practicing. For me, I have a spiritual belief of there is a god. Do I believe there’s a hell? No.”

Malik said even talking about faith “becomes a religious f***ing debacle of philosophers”.

The former One Direction star said: “I just want to keep it between me and whatever I believe. I feel like that makes me move through life in a nice way. If I behave well, I will get treated well. That’s it.

“I don’t believe you need to eat a certain meat that’s been prayed over a certain way, I don’t believe you need to read a prayer in a certain language five times a day. I don’t believe any of it. I just believe if you’re a good person everything is going to go right for you.”

Leaving his religion, Malik said, was “really easy” for him.

“With my mum and dad, they were always there to educate us — I did go to mosque, I did study Islam — but they gave us the option so you could choose for yourself,” he said.

Malik acknowledged that he’s happy to have built his life on the principles of Islam, and the interviewer noted that he spoke “softly and kindly” as they talked about the subject. Malik also said: “There’s definitely beautiful parts to every religion.”

As you can imagine, the comments sparked some backlash on social media.

https://www.aol.com/article/enterta...ders-himself-muslim-so-disappointed/23591267/

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I educate my children so that when I give them the freedom to choose, they always choose rationally and wisely. And they also choose PAP!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Smart guy. Now he is free from some stupid ancient practices and can enjoy his pork chop. But no 72 virgins.

ChristJohnny

Alfrescian
Loyal
They know about it. But they created a new rule that says you cannot abandon the faith. In other words, they ignored and abandon the verses of the holy book for a law written by somebody we do not know.

What kind of a religion is that when you are not allowed to jump ship … only a cult will do that. No wonder cults are persecuted everywhere we go. Guess which is the most hated cult.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
They know about it. But they created a new rule that says you cannot abandon the faith. In other words, they ignored and abandon the verses of the holy book for a law written by somebody we do not know.
Can you please do your fellow m&ds and camel fuckers a favour by telling your religious leaders they got it wrong then? And that they fucked up the original book's teachings.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u say tat. Yr kawan will say where is it written in quran etc...

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u say tat. Yr kawan will say where is it written in quran etc...

There is no compulsion in God’s orderly way of life

2:256 There is no compulsion in the orderly way of life. Certainly it is now clear between the guidance from the wrong ones. Thus whoever denies the virtual idols and he believes with God alone – thus - indeed he holds with the strongest bond which can never be broken - for him. And God is listening – He is very conscious

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no compulsion in God’s orderly way of life

2:256 There is no compulsion in the orderly way of life. Certainly it is now clear between the guidance from the wrong ones. Thus whoever denies the virtual idols and he believes with God alone – thus - indeed he holds with the strongest bond which can never be broken - for him. And God is listening – He is very conscious
The Qur'an use the word God?