• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Former national sprinter is nerdy looking

jw5

Loyal
Get this right. Accidental death seldom have jail term. Go to newspapers.nl.sg and see slowly browse since 1970s.
There should be a jail term if the driver was driving drunk.
In this case, don't think he was.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I read somewhere that Heather Marican is now living in the USA. So too is that runner Chee Swee Lee.

Heather no more Marican. Divorced Osman many years ago. CSL with matsalleh in US. Married her coach I think. Not sure about Heather. Either US or Australia. She was many years Matthew Tan's (Tan Eng Bock's son) senior but were an item in the past. And yes, both very chio in the early 70s.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heather no more Marican. Divorced Osman many years ago. CSL with matsalleh in US. Married her coach I think. Not sure about Heather. Either US or Australia. She was many years Matthew Tan's (Tan Eng Bock's son) senior but were an item in the past. And yes, both very chio in the early 70s.

I knew Mathew in the early 70's & didn't know he was going out with Heather:eek:

Not too surprising that girls would fall for someone with a good physique:smile:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I knew Mathew in the early 70's & didn't know he was going out with Heather:eek:

Not too surprising that girls would fall for someone with a good physique:smile:

They were together in the early 80s. A friend of mine was in the same water-polo team and he was the one who informed me. Anyway, it was an open secret they were an item.

Agree, good physique attracts the opposite sex just like money. If have both, a bonus to the woman.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They were together in the early 80s. A friend of mine was in the same water-polo team and he was the one who informed me. Anyway, it was an open secret they were an item.

Agree, good physique attracts the opposite sex just like money. If have both, a bonus to the woman.

I see, it happened later in the 80's. So heather wasn't a craddle robber:smile:

I've seen pictures of Heather & she is very attractive. Was she a Eurasian:confused:

I envy those sportsman, easier life during NS & greater chance to meet & attract the opposit sex:biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see, it happened later in the 80's. So heather wasn't a craddle robber:smile:

I've seen pictures of Heather & she is very attractive. Was she a Eurasian:confused:

I envy those sportsman, easier life during NS & greater chance to meet & attract the opposit sex:biggrin:

If I recall correctly, Heather's surname is Siddique or something that sounds that way. Maybe Eurasian. She sure looks like one.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I recall correctly, Heather's surname is Siddique or something that sounds that way. Maybe Eurasian. She sure looks like one.

She was good looking better than any of the PRC/Indonesian imports of today:smile:

Tried to google a picture & some back ground info of her but no luck. Not too surprising because past sports personalities don't get much coverage:rolleyes:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks for the news. A tragic accident indeed. But I feel, out of respect for the dead, it would be more appropriate if the topic of the thread could be something else.

Former national sprinter is nerdy looking But he looks so much better than those 40 year olds sinkie losers.

How is that????

jw5

Loyal

In the early 70s?
Were you chaps from the same primary school at that time?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In that case should have been around mid to late 70s. :o :biggrin:

Yes the latter part of the 70's. I'm having problems remembering the details as it's been a few decades. When I think back to those years I'm shocked by just how many decades have gone by:eek:

Initially when I heard of the police case against Mathew I didn't know it was the same Mathew :smile:

Are you an acquaintance of Mathew or his family:confused:

jw5

Loyal
Yes the latter part of the 70's. I'm having problems remembering the details as it's been a few decades. When I think back to those years I'm shocked by just how many decades have gone by:eek:

Initially when I heard of the police case against Mathew I didn't know it was the same Mathew :smile:

Are you an acquaintance of Mathew or his family:confused:
Hehehe, no.
I only know who he is. And I did an internet search on his age at the time his case was reported in the press. :o :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe, no.
I only know who he is. And I did an internet search on his age at the time his case was reported in the press. :o :biggrin:

Then you must know how us uncles start having memory problems at this age.:smile:

It's actually quite sad about what happened. I bet there are many similar cases out there, many who've over extended themselves to keep up with the good life in Spore. :rolleyes:

Alfrescian
Loyal

Her surname was Siddons, something like that. BTW are you sure they were together. Heather at least a good ten years older than Mathew. I can find more from a friend who knew a lot about them. Cos I am more familair with Eng Bok.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In that case should have been around mid to late 70s. :o :biggrin:

70's was the more good years not that wooden goh one....wish they were around much longer despite all the rstrictions back then, by the Ministry of Culture...it was good years:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
70's was the more good years ....

What I remember is that it was a period when it was affordable even for poor students. :smile: Compared to Spore of today which is overcrowded, & expensive.

Nowadays I can only relax when I'm out of Spore.