• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Forest City

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
If retire in JB surely that will be best as you get the BESTEST of JB and least of the jams and u also no need to pay RM 150,000 for the COE in Singapore. RM 150K can get you a 3 Protons by the way. Those people who keep asking retirees to rent rent rent. That is assuming JB remains a backwater kampong but judging from the rate Iskandar is growing, do you seriously think JB will be a shit place like in the 19070 or 1980s??? No way.

I sing the same song as you too! LOL! Whenever we have friends come over to visit us at home it's like the scales suddenly fell off their eyes and they "see" how life can be so much better than in Singapore. Some asked how much a condo cost in JB, a question that probably they never thought they would ask before. Some even ask whether we know of units available for sale....maybe we should double up as JB property agents. LOL! So we initiate our visitors to life in JB and how it is do-able, we drive them around and bring them to nice and cheap places to eat. But of course moving over to JB would have to make some lifestyle adjustments lah...cannot have your cake and eat it too....:wink:

tstar

Alfrescian
Loyal
some people may say that jb rental is very low. around 1k to 1.5 k sgd a month for a rm 1mil house.

i tell you what... a house in auckland city is priced around 1.5 mil nzd in good districts like albany. comparable to au big cities .. rental about 2000 nzd.

then you got to pay a year 6000 nzd property tax. 3000 house insurance. 1500 rental agent fee. 25% income tax...

hehe.. in the end the 1.5 mil nzd house brings a monthly net income of about 1000 sgd also.

what is the difference?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
After 10 years of servicing the instalment for example ( if u are lucky tenant service for you ), and you get a lump sum after you sell away your house. For someone who "rent" for 10 years, he or she has got no house to sell. I am speaking like this because initially when I first get into the investment arena my mind was dead set on "renting" ( now you know how to identify newbie investors here ).

some people may say that jb rental is very low. around 1k to 1.5 k sgd a month for a rm 1mil house.

i tell you what... a house in auckland city is priced around 1.5 mil nzd in good districts like albany. comparable to au big cities .. rental about 2000 nzd.

then you got to pay a year 6000 nzd property tax. 3000 house insurance. 1500 rental agent fee. 25% income tax...

hehe.. in the end the 1.5 mil nzd house brings a monthly net income of about 1000 sgd also.

what is the difference?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
After 10 years of servicing the instalment for example ( if u are lucky tenant service for you ), and you get a lump sum after you sell away your house. For someone who "rent" for 10 years, he or she has got no house to sell. I am speaking like this because initially when I first get into the investment arena my mind was dead set on "renting" ( now you know how to identify newbie investors here ).

What if you cannot get the rental to cover your instalments? And you get a lump sum which is less than what you paid in the end and forgo the opportunity for making hundred of thousands maybe even millions in capital gains from investing elsewhere whose currency is rising against the ringgit.

Compared to one who parks his investment in high growth and high investment rental returns, stable and safe country, uses the rental from the high yielding investment to pay rental in low rental country and has super flexibility to move to the next best and latest condo at the whim of the begging landlord who had to kow tow to him every time he collects his rent and give a silly smile.

So many factors you did not even consider in your analysis, including the costs of repairs when tenants wreck your home at every lease and stealing your stuff and running away with unpaid rentals, so don't expose your stupidity or lack of intelligence on a property forum by trying to identify newbies when in reality you are one and quite a stupid one at that, trying to share his two cent investment strategy, this kind obviously cannot go far.

People here are really a dense bunch and know nothing about property investment.

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Totally agreed.
If so rich and so high yield, no need to squat in poor JB. :biggrin:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally agreed.
If so rich and so high yield, no need to squat in poor JB. :biggrin:

Leverage my friend, leverage. I am sure you know the concept. Take advantage of low interest rates and sponge on others who have to pay high interest rates and also release more properties for me to rent out. Come on you are an old hand. You should know better.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak, since when did I mention your name? There is no need to give me the below comments and then "edit" it conveniently right since u are a "seasoned investor" with plenty of millions of spare change?

""Don't expose your stupidity on a property forum by trying to identify newbies when in reality you are one and quite a stupid one at that,trying to share his two vent investment strategy, this kind obviously cannot go far""

]]]
What if you cannot get the rental to cover your instalments? And you get a lump sum which is less than what you paid in the end and forgo the opportunity for making hundred of thousands maybe even millions in capital gains from investing elsewhere whose currency is rising against the ringgit.

Compared to one who parks his investment in high growth and high investment rental returns, stable and safe country, uses the rental from the high yielding investment to pay rental in low rental country and has super flexibility to move to the next best and latest condo at the whim of the begging landlord who had to kow tow to him every time he collects his rent and give a silly smile.

So many factors you did not even consider in your analysis, including the costs of repairs when tenants wreck your home at every lease and stealing your stuff and running away with unpaid rentals, so don't expose your stupidity or lack of intelligence on a property forum by trying to identify newbies when in reality you are one and quite a stupid one at that, trying to share his two cent investment strategy, this kind obviously cannot go far.

People here are really a dense bunch and know nothing about property investment.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not even thinking of the rental yet. What I mean is, even if u stay in that bloody cheap JB house for 10 years or even if you don't stay there but leave it empty, after 10 years you wont be selling it at RM 0 right? Can you please tell me if there are house in JB or Malaysia, no matter how cheap, lelong at Satu Ringgit? I will be the first to potong and buy as a bumi!

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
To all those who wish to invest in JB or anywhere, if you are 100% dependent on rental, you are not suitable to buy any properties. Anyway the monthly instalment of any houses in JB( assuming you buy last time ) is about S$500-S$700 on average.. if you cant even pay off this monthly instalment without rental supplement based on your salary, its advisable you follow our learned friend Xebay, a highly respected and seasoned millionaire investor to rent and not buy.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not even thinking of the rental yet. What I mean is, even if u stay in that bloody cheap JB house for 10 years or even if you don't stay there but leave it empty, after 10 years you wont be selling it at RM 0 right? Can you please tell me if there are house in JB or Malaysia, no matter how cheap, lelong at Satu Ringgit? I will be the first to potong and buy as a bumi!

It is unpleasant to see money put into anything and see it depreciate, especially if it is for retirement.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
To all those who wish to invest in JB or anywhere, if you are 100% dependent on rental, you are not suitable to buy any properties. Anyway the monthly instalment of any houses in JB( assuming you buy last time ) is about S$500-S$700 on average.. if you cant even pay off this monthly instalment without rental supplement based on your salary, its advisable you follow our learned friend Xebay, a highly respected and seasoned millionaire investor to rent and not buy.

Thank you. You margin owners heard that? No money don't invest, because end up you may invest in bottomless pit, save it for your retirement.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyoh my learned friend here, please do not come to our poor men JB forum and talk about forgo this and forgo that opportunity to make hundreds of thousands maybe even millions in capital gains from investing elsewhere. We are mostly poor chaps such as School teachers, silver servants, lawyers or doctors, not $100k a month seasoned businessmen, who just want to come to JB to retire.

To retire we need a house ( not to rent because that defeats the purpose of retirement in JB right? ) If you are retired and if u are cheated of your $1 million CPF by China mei mei ( as reported commonly in the press ) , at least you have a house in JB and don't have to pay rent!

We thank you for your million dollar advice and welcome your wonderful and intelligent input but please do not always think we got spare million dollar stashed somewhere. Some of us are humble motorbike cheongster cheonging thru the busiest customs in the world. No spare cash at all.

People here are really a dense bunch and know nothing about property investment.[/QUOTE]

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got this feeling when my wonderful Temasek helmed by my PM wife lost billions of our taxes monies by selling off NOL at lelong price!!!

It is unpleasant to see money put into anything and see it depreciate, especially if it is for retirement.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leverage my friend, leverage. I am sure you know the concept. Take advantage of low interest rates and sponge on others who have to pay high interest rates and also release more properties for me to rent out. Come on you are an old hand. You should know better.

The last thing I ever do is borrow to buy. JB is supposed to be my last fling in Malaysia.
My philosophy is feet firmly planted on the ground. No such thing called leverage.
Interest rates is not my interest. Too old and banks no lend.

Btw, the last time I ever rent is a room when I was 18 years old. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got this feeling when my wonderful Temasek helmed by my PM wife lost billions of our taxes monies by selling off NOL at lelong price!!!

Damn jialat.
At least if buy property, still got 2 pcs of brick left. Better than boliao

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Singapore investors reeling after massive losses in 2015

The STI dropped 14.3% last year.

The past twelve months proved to be a tough year for many investors in Singapore, with the city-state’s largest stocks booking double-digit declines in 2015.

Data from KGI Fraser show that the benchmark Straits Times Index (STI) dipped 14.3% in 2015, following a sharp deterioration in investor sentiment in the second half of the year.
Stocks tumbled after the Yuan devaluation in August, exacerbated by the continued decline in commodity prices and the anticipation of the Fed rate hike.

“The hardest hit was undoubtedly the oil & gas sector, where we saw declines of 46.7% for Ezion, 46.8% for Sembcorp Marine and 26.5% for Keppel Corp. The biggest bluechips were also not spared, as DBS and SingTel shedded 18.6% and 5.7% respectively,” KGI Fraser said.

Commodity trader Noble Group was the worst performer last year, losing 64.9% after a spate of short seller attacks and rating downgrades.

Excluding UOL and SATS, which are recent additions to the STI, only ComfortDelgro, Hongkong Land and CapitaLand ended the year in green.

“Overall, the STI firmly underperformed the rest of the world equities such as the indices in U.S., Europe, Hong Kong, Japan, as we did not see a similar recovery after the selloffs in the second half,” KGI Fraser said.

- See more at: http://sbr.com.sg/stocks/in-focus/s...r-massive-losses-in-2015#sthash.1yTmD7iG.dpuf

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last thing I ever do is borrow to buy. JB is supposed to be my last fling in Malaysia.
My philosophy is feet firmly planted on the ground. No such thing called leverage.
Interest rates is not my interest. Too old and banks no lend.

Btw, the last time I ever rent is a room when I was 18 years old. :biggrin:

Thought last time you said cannot pay full in Malaysia or else will attract unwanted attention. Anyway I also do not have any more loans. I am talking to other investors just starting out, use the lower interest rates in Singapore to leverage, buy something here for 2% interest and avoid 4% interest charge in Malaysia.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought last time you said cannot pay full in Malaysia or else will attract unwanted attention. Anyway I also do not have any more loans. I am talking to other investors just starting out, use the lower interest rates in Singapore to leverage, buy something here for 2% interest and avoid 4% interest charge in Malaysia.

U ever heard of fully flexible loans in Malaysia? You borrow on paper but you have another account to contra your loan. No interests charged.

So you r telling those starting out to buy in SG at 2% interest instead of 4% in MY?

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
U ever heard of fully flexible loans in Malaysia? You borrow on paper but you have another account to contra your loan. No interests charged.

So you r telling those starting out to buy in SG at 2% interest instead of 4% in MY?

That is not what most Singaporeans would do. You must have money to "borrow" from yourself.