• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foreigners make up 64% of Singapore’s citizen population. Should we panic?

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
The National Population and Talent Division (NPTD) just released its Population in Brief report for the year.

In a nutshell, Singapore’s population hit 5.61 million in June 2016.

The not so good news? The number of foreigners (non-residents + permanent residents) now make up a whopping 64 percent of the population.

Statistics in Brief
Number of citizens: 3.41 million

Number of non-residents: 1.67 million

Number of permanent residents: 0.52 million

Should we panic now? Before we hyperventilate, here are some things to consider.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The National Population and Talent Division (NPTD) just released its Population in Brief report for the year.

The not so good news? The number of foreigners (non-residents + permanent residents) now make up a whopping 64 percent of the population.

Statistics in Brief

Should we panic now? Before we hyperventilate, here are some things to consider.
Without going to the link and based on the stats you provided, the number of foreigners (non-residents 1.67 mil + permanent residents 0.52 mil) make up 39% of the population. About 1/3 of total population (which is what we already know and too fucking many to begin with). How did you derive 64%?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Statistics in Brief

My maths not so good.
But simple maths tell me
No of citizens = 3.41 millions.
Total Population = 5.61 millions
Citizen % of population = 61%

How could foreigners take up a whopping 64% of the population ?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
My maths not so good.
But simple maths tell me

Maybe he meant citizens include new citizens so it's not 3.41 all pure sinkie breed :biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My maths not so good.
But simple maths tell me

35 percent of population are foreigners ...that is enough to tell you that PAP is selling out sinkapore.
How many of the 3.41 million citizens are naturalized ones from India, China and Pinoyland? I suspect at least 1 million.

So, Wunderfool math is not off.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I feel sorry for Oppies .

If you looked at the birth rate over the last 3 decades, it had dropped so much that there are almost as much death certificate registration as BC registration (cumulatively), post baby-boomer years notwithstanding.

hence the growth in the number in citizens can be attributed largely to new-citizens. My neighbor is PRC-turned-Sinkies :eek::eek::eek:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Statistics in Brief

Time to scrap National service. It is a waste of time to fight a lost war when the foreigners are already in your backyard milking away every resources we have on this island.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It's too late to panic. Jump ship before the country goes down the gurgler.