• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

foreigners help to create good jobs for singaporeans. do you agree?

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
QvUkiJr.jpg

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bluffing with eyes wide open .Knn, my workplace permanent job all foreigners n PR .Temp jobs hold by local young yo talk.Whst do h think .Also they should put Singaporeans n PRs together when rhey do statisticsl count.CB stop PR from buying flats, knn

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bluffing with eyes wide open .Knn, my workplace permanent job all foreigners n PR .Temp jobs hold by local young yo talk.Whst do h think .Also they should put Singaporeans n PRs together when rhey do statisticsl count.CB stop PR from buying flats, knn
sad but absolutely true

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
used to be foreign direct investment and the foreigners that came with it was a huge source of new jobs for sinkies. So in that sense, it was correct.

But now what you have is that we are importing labour which is direct competition for jobs. The few and the wealthy immigrants such as the haidilao boss may or may not contribute some jobs to the island, but it's no longer like the old days where you can get a factory set up for thousand of employees.

Partly it's a failure of policy to allow direct competition at a lower level where foreigners do not create jobs, but partly it's a result of Singapore pricing itself out of manufacturing which was more labour intensive.

haaaaa

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those days no ahnehs. Indian Ahnehs come to Singapore to create jobs for their own ahnehs...

Every year new batch of 6 millions young ahnehs looking for jobs in India.

Ownself export own people to other countries to steal jobs sounds legit...

I agree 100%. Without foreigners I would have been unemployed after I graduated.

Foreigners paid me a big fat salary and sent me for training. For that I am truly grateful.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL @ the 'profligate spending' jibe made by Loong to defend the GST. The languishing retail industry could do with a little 'profligate spending' right now, eh? :biggrin:

This is the kind of trashy politician whom you've allowed to cling on to power for a long time, because you're still obsessed about your beloved ah gong who kicked the bucket in 2015. You think he's a chip off the old block. You're running on fumes of nostalgia. :rolleyes:

Splendicker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies towkay created good jobs for FWs
Sinkies Gov created good jobs for PMETs
You need to go through above process to create good jobs for sinkies? Those are jobs rejected by them for you.