• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foreigners Eligible For Baby Bonus!

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Foreigners eligible for Baby Bonus

Shin Min Daily News - 2 hrs 32 mins ago

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite>A netizen sparked off an online furore when he asked why foreigners are eligible for the Baby Bonus. (Pic / Internet)</cite>
A netizen created a furore online when he asked why foreigners are eligible for Singapore's Baby Bonus.
The netizen posted a Baby Bonus claim form online, adding a red circle to highlight a clause that says: "If you are a foreigner...., MCYS will send you an authorisation letter to open the CDA (Child Development Account) at any OCBC Bank...."
Many netizens are outraged that foreigners are eligible for Baby Bonuses that they believe should be meant for Singaporeans.
Some suggest that the Singapore government could be desperate, that's why they are even giving foreigners money to have babies here.
The Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports clarify that this clause for foreigners applies to those who have children of Singaporean nationality. These children are therefore eligible for a Child Development Account.
Source: Shin Min Daily News, 13 July 2011. Click here for the Chinese report.

Asshole

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hoseh leow! I can give birth to Singapore, and get baby bonus! I better give birth to many many... any sperm donors?

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
FT are TALENTs Local are trash la. So be happy that FT never complain why local trash need to have baby bonus

Silencer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello

Believe the Foreigner is meant to be a trustee or guardian whereby the local child
may lost both parents or the baby is entrust to their care, like grandparents who may not reside or be a citizen here lah.

Slap head !

paulhong

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually if u give birth in the US, they will give the baby some privilege too? No meh? you dunno those china man and china woman purposely go US and give birth? can get green card for the baby! they even have a tour package just to allow pregnant china woman go there give birth :biggrin:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am ah neh, give birth in sinkie land, get sinkie nationality for my kid and baby bonus. Same time I register my kid as ah neh nationality back in my village under another name. By the time finish Poly or JC or even O level, sneak back to ah neh land and take up the ah neh identity. Fleece us of so many subsidies, sell the knn HDB and run road to ah neh land. And the best part is, there is no way we can track or catch the fucker!
And who suffer for paying more tax, work longer hours with lower pay and higher HDB price? KNN stupid gahmen!