• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foreigner served national service but still rejected as citizen

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Foreigner served national service but still rejected as citizen

Transitioning.sg

While I have no qualms about what you do, I do think you should go about doing it differently.

I understand that helping Singaporeans get a better job is a noble cause but you have to understand the gravity of the situation now.

Instead of focusing on things that will actually help (retraining of skills, upgrading skills) your website is currently mongering hate towards foreigners whether you INTEND to or not.

The results of your actions – no matter how noble the intentions they may be – are still quite unsavory.

I am a foreigner. My father is a citizen and I have served NS just like your local boys.

But I still haven’t been allowed to be a citizen even though my whole family are already Singaporeans.

We’ve been here since 1994 by the way so my father has gone through everything you yourself have gone through.

I have also gone through everything your own local boys have gone through, albeit with less advantages.

It used to be the case that once you complete NS as a PR you would be given citizenship.

But now its changed. There are 2 possible reasons that I can think of at the moment – with what I know.

1) The citizenship offer is valid to those who are serving NS as PRs and three months before ORD, the individual has to approach his camp’s S1 dept to facilitate this application. For my case, I did that but apparently my application was not even SENT OUT due to negligience on the part of the S1 personnel. What I was told was that he did not hand over the application to his understudy before the ORD so the guy taking over didn’t send it out. Hence, the application was delayed till after my ORD. And now ICA says that I can only apply through SAF if I have not ORDed yet. So that venue is closed to me.

2) Another possible reason is that many of your friends and fans are complaining too much about FTs and PRs so this could be a new measure by ICA to stem the flow of PRs getting citizenship. This is why I asked you to be careful of what you are spreading. Your complaints and grumblings can affect people like us who have done everything that you locals have done but are now left in this situation. Tell me if I have the right to be angry about this or not?

Before they became citizens, my family has never had any advantages that many people are claiming we have access to.

Many Singaporeans are also under the false impression that we have the same subisdies, savings plans etc that you locals have.

Let me make it clear to you that this is not the case.

My family paid every cent for my education here since Primary school while the local children have an almost free education.

They have Edusave to subsidize outside of school activities like camps and excursions while we don’t.

But we still worked hard to get ourselves to the top of the game while many of the local children (not all by the way) played around and took things easy – thus affecting their grades in school.

Now that these young adults are coming of age and start to look for jobs, THEY blame US for the fact that they can’t get a job when its obvious that if they have work harder like us in school – they wouldn’t have any problem finding employment.

And from what I can see, you are also jumping on the band wagon and claiming if we aren’t here, there would be jobs for the locals?

Let me tell you Gilbert, if these locals don’t work hard, either way they will not be able to get jobs whether we are here or not.

Perhaps instead of doing drastic things like making a petition to oust the foreigners why not start a campaign targeted towards making Singaporeans work harder at achieving their goals?

To put things into perspective, I’ll tell you a real life encounter I recently had.

Currently, before I continue with my further studies, I have some free time.

So what I did in order to keep myself occupied and earn some money to use during my uni is to teach private tuition to primary students. Its an honest and fulfilling way to make money.

A friend of mine from NS who ORDed a few days apart from me is also going for further studies the same time next year.

When asked if he was doing anything during the interim - this is what he replied and I quote the exact words he used:-

“Aiya! work for what??after get my degree from NUS conform got job la..u think they hire me, or some ah tiong or pinoy meh? what they know about business in singarpore?so now free must enjoy enjoy a bit ma”

As you can see, he tends to look down on foreigners’ ability to do the same job as him.

He is under the impression that as a local with a degree, he is practically guaranteed a job once he graduates.

And he would rather “enjoy enjoy” than earn something while there is some free time in between.

I’m not implying all locals are like him – only those who cannot get a job now.

Those who work on par with us foreigners have no problem getting a job.

Of course local employers would rather hire their own people than outsiders but when it comes to employee performance, mindset and eventually profits, they can’t afford to be sentimental or patriotic right?

However, if you yourself are of the opinion that you are higher then others simply because you are a local, then my friend Gilbert, its safe to declare that you’re a lost cause.

Simon

http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=53593#1

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
This "Simon" is talking through his ass. He sees those who are unable to find employment as lazy losers. He thinks locals who are employed are on par with foreigners. (Fucking sneaky way of implying foreigners are superior to Sinkies.) He puts words into people's mouths. (When have Sinkies said we are superior to others? Demanding our rights and privileges as true born citizens is different from having a supremacist attitude.) He claims that local employers hire based on performance. If that is the case, why are local companies staffed with so many foreigners who are crap at work and/or cannot speak decent English? I do not believe this piece of shite is what he claims to be. Most likely he is just a lackey in white writing rubbish and stirring shit for his detestable masters. The fucking dog!

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry, he will have his citizenship soon, its just an administrative abnormality that can be straighten out. Why this guy complain?

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry, he will have his citizenship soon, its just an administrative abnormality that can be straighten out. Why this guy complain?

Guy complain because he got screwed & didn't get shitizenshit! If he had gotten it, he would have just either lan lan swing to the 60.1% or join in the fun!

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps there are some issues he didn't tell us. Don't be fooled. There is no logical reason why someone who served NS cannot get citizenship everything being equal. Also, can never trust all that anti govt rant on the net, most are either cry wolf, or false outrages over nothing.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
No need to talk so much. This Simon is full of shit. The criteria for singapore citizenship is 2 parts. One is serving NS, and the other more important part is renouncing the citizenship of his native country. He never mentioned that he has done this, how very convenient for him not to mention this. Therefore, he will not be allowed singapore citizenship. many people got citisenship without serving NS, hence, the main component is not NS, but your willingness to give up your old passport.

Enjoy777

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to talk so much. This Simon is full of shit. The criteria for singapore citizenship is 2 parts. One is serving NS, and the other more important part is renouncing the citizenship of his native country. He never mentioned that he has done this, how very convenient for him not to mention this. Therefore, he will not be allowed singapore citizenship. many people got citisenship without serving NS, hence, the main component is not NS, but your willingness to give up your old passport.

Maybe he got charged while in NS, or not good conduct. Sure will not get citizenship.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can't believe that the PAP would turn away a potential CPF slave. It's not like there are hoards of people rushing to enlist:rolleyes:

How do we know that this story is not a fabrication:confused:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I can't believe that the PAP would turn away a potential CPF slave. It's not like there are hoards of people rushing to enlist:rolleyes:

How do we know that this story is not a fabrication:confused:

They probably asked who he would vote for in the form, and he probably ticked the 39.9% so pappie didn't give him his shitizenshit.

This Simon has someone up there looking out for him, I think he better go give thanks to whichever God he prays to.

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guy complain because the losers keep thinking wrongly that Foreigners have it easier then locals when in fact it's the other way round. Only dumb local losers thinks otherwise

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Waiting for ALL PAP Pro Dogs to come and rebut...Especially Kinana Dog :biggrin:

Kinana is a Day-Time Professional Maid + Night-Time as Chao Ah Gua at Changi Village carpark

U are too generous. Kinana spends his nights raping his son. where got time be ah qua at Changi?

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually it really depends what he meant by serving NS... JW in jail also consider serving NS, serving their Time. At least he don't need to serve reservist now...