• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Foreign workers cisco guard with sg crest

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
I felt insulted and disgusted when a foreigner in sg uniform check my IC .
As the saying goes, "never judge a book by its cover". :wink:

Unfortunately, the hard truth is that ever since Singapore's so-called "Independence" (because we have always been dependent on foreign imports for our basic necessities, i.e. water, food, and even most of our HDB blocks have always been built by foreign workers) in 1965, the vast majority (mostly middle-class Sinkies, both men and women and even their children and grandchildren) of the Sinkie population has been considered by the PAP government (and of course, their upper-class cronies) to be "foreigners". :(

In other words, in the hypocritical eyes of the PAP government, even if you are a "citizen", you are still a "foreigner" as long as you are a dispensable/expendable/replaceable member of the Sinkie middle class. :(
For such Sinkies, "citizenship" has always been used to bribe and brainwash them into becoming temporary slaves.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For a country like Spore. citizenship has become a liability.

I can only think of 3 things that set citizens apart from foreigners : privilege of doing NS, can vote in fixed elections, can own free hold property

There are more advantages to being a foreigner in Spore: no NS, easier to get a job, better treatment by the PAP gov't e.g. free scholarships, less harsh treatment by the law, ...

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As the saying goes, "never judge a book by its cover". :wink:

Unfortunately, the hard truth is that ever since Singapore's so-called "Independence" (because we have always been dependent on foreign imports for our basic necessities, i.e. water, food, and even most of our HDB blocks have always been built by foreign workers) in 1965, the vast majority (mostly middle-class Sinkies, both men and women and even their children and grandchildren) of the Sinkie population has been considered by the PAP government (and of course, their upper-class cronies) to be "foreigners". :(

In other words, in the hypocritical eyes of the PAP government, even if you are a "citizen", you are still a "foreigner" as long as you are a dispensable/expendable/replaceable member of the Sinkie middle class. :(
For such Sinkies, "citizenship" has always been used to bribe and brainwash them into becoming temporary slaves.

Now I think back kena conned to sing this song.

Train to be a soldier
To fight for our land and
Once in our life , 2 years of our time
Have u ever wonder
Why we must serve erh
Cos we love our land
And we want it to be free to be free ah.