• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foreign interference Countermeasures Bill

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
As i pensively gather my thoughts,the day 4th Oct will spell the end of Democracy in Singapore if FICA(Foreign interference Countermeasures Bill) is passed.

Of course ,i am against foreign interference in local politics. However ,look past the name,the bill covers what ISA covers and more ,it also transfers the powers of such into the hands of one person,without the need for trial ,evidence nor fairness,and can jail anyone for 14 years without recourse.

There does not need to have any evidence of foreign interference under this act for it to be imposed.
So what is it?U know and i know the answer.There is also an amendment to the Sedition act to further cement the lock on freedom of speech by the People,making FICA all but impossible to remove.Together they make for 2 oppresive bills.

In fact not just the general public, opposition parties and even the incumbent pap itsef are at risk of this Bill.Think about it,regardless of political affiliations, with someone weilding such powers,which own party member would dare breathe a whisper?

Even the PM will be swept aside under such powers invested in an individual.And since the drafter proposed such powers,can he be trusted to redraft such a bill?i will not mention names of the aforementioned to avoid getting into trouble,but u get the gist of ideas.

That is why ex PAP MPs must express their views like MParader , Inderjit Singh George Yeo and even existing MPs as well Chan Chun Sing to lift the whip on FICA and the proposed amendment to the sedition Act. Pap as an institution is under risk of rule by FICA.PM lee must also be aware of the danger.

Further being an antidemocratic bill,the Constitution itself is in danger.we should seek to protect the Constitution,unless one wishes to turn it into a dicatorship,which if one wishes it to be so,say it early.

Under a dictatorship,there are only rights by one man.The rest are slaves.

Covid will pass,but this Bill once passed, can be for as long as Singapore exists.Maybe 400 years?
Opinion.
We can ask the ministers MPs and ex pap MPs what they truly think of the Bill and amendments and ask them to lift the whip on this issue in Parliament.

Michael Fang

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Michael, that democracy thing... it ended long ago. Probably around the mid-1980s, when LKY started fixing JBJ. :biggrin:

Here is the secret with totalitarian regimes: they want you to shut your mouth, accept the restrictions and 'bitter medicine', in exchange for prosperity. This is the so-called 'social compact'.

The pandemic has destroyed that prosperity, the economic goods are gone. What then is the raison d'être for the totalitarian rule? The justification is gone. So they double down on seizing power and silencing critics.

Because they are afraid and that's all they have left.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I say it again. LKY was right in saying sinkies are daft.

If till today you've not made plans to leave, then you deserve to have no elections in your future.