• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

For the PAP, the only easy day was yesterday

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I love the old US Navy SEALs adage, "the only easy day was yesterday".

After all the tough talk about not getting distracted from the national agenda, the leg-crosser finally calls for a by-election, of course taking another swipe at WP and Yaw Shin Leong.

But their going will get tougher, because HG residents in my assessment have not been adversely affected by the unfortunate episode with YSL and still believe in the WP party branding and in LTK's leadership of the party even though he is no longer MP for the ward.

Nation-wide, confidence in the PAP is also eroding, with focus on foreigners and their wreckage on the social fabric/middle class job losses/suppression of salaries for low to mid income earners, etc. I believe finally, for the first time, cost of living issues and foreigners issue rank equally on the national agenda.

That means next election, two equally important issues will hog the national agenda and people will be doubly angry.

For the PAP, the only easy day was yesterday. They have no momentum, no effort, no commitment to change despite knowing they have to. They are bogged down by dogma, by self-serving elite groups that resist change, by the wrong values and mindsets towards people and politics. Things will only get progressively harder for them as they will encounter more and more opposition, resistance to their policies as time goes on.

The PAP's future will get progressively dimmer, bleaker and harder. Only an internal revolution within PAP ranks can solve the problem.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

After all the tough talk about not getting distracted from the national agenda, the leg-crosser finally calls for a by-election, of course taking another swipe at WP and Yaw Shin Leong.

But their going will get tougher, because HG residents in my assessment have not been adversely affected by the unfortunate episode with YSL and still believe in the WP party branding and in LTK's leadership of the party even though he is no longer MP for the ward.

Nation-wide, confidence in the PAP is also eroding, with focus on foreigners and their wreckage on the social fabric/middle class job losses/suppression of salaries for low to mid income earners, etc. I believe finally, for the first time, cost of living issues and foreigners issue rank equally on the national agenda.

That means next election, two equally important issues will hog the national agenda and people will be doubly angry.

For the PAP, the only easy day was yesterday. They have no momentum, no effort, no commitment to change despite knowing they have to. They are bogged down by dogma, by self-serving elite groups that resist change, by the wrong values and mindsets towards people and politics. Things will only get progressively harder for them as they will encounter more and more opposition, resistance to their policies as time goes on.

The PAP's future will get progressively dimmer, bleaker and harder. Only an internal revolution within PAP ranks can solve the problem.

Good analysis! Indeed, the pap's future is getting dimmer. It's self inflicted and pap deserves what's coming

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's future is even worse. There are too many Singaporeans in Singapore. Unless the government culls a few useless Singaporeans, I'm afraid the moribund state of this cuntry shall persist.

Spermlord

Alfrescian
Loyal

The black-hearted spear's bulleye! What a most accurate analysis of the present PAP in BOLD!!! :biggrin:

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Excellent bro, excellent! A real good job. I am always very heartened by the fact that you and so many other forummers can come up with such insightful and intelligent analysis of the problems with the PAP and where they are heading. At the same time, the PAP supporters here continue to disappoint with their wishy-washy retorts, regurgitation of what their PAP masters and their mainstream whores say, and like their PAP masters absolute clueless about the real going-on. We don't go too far to find a good example of this - none other than our forum host Leongsam. All he can do is to cite one-sided reports about the GDP, the number of millionaires, the number of luxurious cars etc, which even a primary 6 student knows has absolutely nothing to do with the well-being of the ordinary folks. He's been calling everyone a twit, but it's plain for all to see who's the real twit.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great stuff and I share your assessment.

My sense is that the govt is also aware of their issues but are unable to work out how they can fix it. In the past they raised the parliamentary barrier and either discouraged quality candidates or co-opted them. The PE more than GE made it very clear the position of the PAP. I am pretty sure they have no idea what they can do or not do. 2016 will be interesting.