• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

For guys: Avoid this stuff if you care about male reproductive health

Dinosaur

Alfrescian
Loyal
More plasticizers found in China's soy sauce, noodles

After a number of Chinese liquor products were recently found to contain levels of plasticizing chemicals considered potentially harmful to human health, a number of scientists say they have found amounts of the chemicals in soy sauce packs and instant noodles that may hundreds of times greater than the national safety standard.

Their claims come after several premium brands of liquor such as Jiugui, Kweichow Moutai, Wuliangye and Yanghe were found to contain plasticizers. The operations of Hunan's Jiugui Liquor has been suspended since Nov. 27 after its products were found containing excess amounts of plasticizing chemicals. Kweichow Moutai was forced to publish reports in December to clear its name after an internet user claimed that a sample of the liquor contained more than double the maximum permissible residue level of plasticizer. Samples from other distillers Wuliangye and Yanghe tested positive for DEHP and DBGP, commonly used plasticizers that may harm male reproductive function, as well as the immune and digestive systems if ingested in sufficient quantities.

A post saying that "the amounts of plasticizers in soy sauce, vinegar and plasticizers in beverages were 400 times more than that of the liquor" has been reposted more than ten thousand times on Sina Weibo, China's equivalent of Twitter, according to the Chinese-language Beijing News

Liu Chunhua, an assistant professor of South China Agricultural University in Guangzhou, has found through experiments that packets and tubs of instant noodles were contaminated with plasticizers. The amounts of DBP and DEHP in soy sauce packs were stunningly high, 197 and 114 times higher than the maximum level permitted.

Scientists at Agricultural University of Nanjing said the levels of the chemicals in foods or liquids made with edible fat, and in vegetables and fruit were excessive as well, according to the newspaper.

The maximum permitted concentration of DEHP residue permissible in foods is 1.5mg/kg but is much higher in flavorings, at 60mg/kg. It was the media and individual members of the public rather than government agencies that have uncovered the scandal, the Beijing News noted.

Source: http://www.wantchinatimes.com/news-subclass-cnt.aspx?id=20121225000085&cid=1103

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I not worry about that,,,as i dont want kids anyway,,i more worry about performance,,,performance is the main thing,,,hahahahah

LeeTaiSor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Liu Chunhua, an assistant professor of South China Agricultural University in Guangzhou, has found through experiments that packets and tubs of instant noodles were contaminated with plasticizers.

Hundreds of times higher than the national safety standard is a total disregard to human lives. Like the milk poisoning, these bastards should be put to the firing squad, unless they're waiting for deaths to happen before any action is taken.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can't trust any food-stuff from any country. It would be naive to think that USA is any better than the rest of the world or Europe is better than Asia. All are the same crooks out to pollute the world and poison the population for their own selfish gains.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
hi jah....the first part ...just joking with IHP .....the second bit....be very careful. Some Chinese products are good but some are just terrible with little or no quality control. Its ok if these are things like fake watches etc....but when you put things into your mouth eg medicines, food and fruit then it could be big trouble if it came from the second group. Other countries may have such things too but i think it is more rampant in China.

Bro you eat that platsicizier regularly but don't trust things from china?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi jah....the first part ...just joking with IHP .....the second bit....be very careful. Some Chinese products are good but some are just terrible with little or no quality control. Its ok if these are things like fake watches etc....but when you put things into your mouth eg medicines, food and fruit then it could be big trouble if it came from the second group. Other countries may have such things too but i think it is more rampant in China.

yeah quite dangerous to eat those stuff need to be vilgilant.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
yes jah...remember the slim 10 episode...and now they can even manufacture eggs...and i've even heard stories about the fruits they export.

Yes being cautious with these guys is the order of the day.

yeah quite dangerous to eat those stuff need to be vilgilant.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng says: plastic is poisonous lah! the dioxin dye in plastic melts at high temperature so can be very toxic to the body. :biggrin: plastic surgery?