• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Food recommendation for this Saturday dinner

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's separateLy run by another EstabLishment; i presume you have to pay a surcharge of $5 per pax for Non-member.
But it's stiLL worth your money for the ambience; quaLity of food and tranquiLity you wouLd have aLways cLamoured for.
CaLL them to enquire @63452122
:smile:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow thanks scrooballs for introing food here too. Wow sure many ppl reading this thread will all visit the places you reccommend. Good job nigger. :biggrin:

parrardee

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's separateLy run by another EstabLishment; i presume you have to pay a surcharge of $5 per pax for Non-member.
But it's stiLL worth your money for the ambience; quaLity of food and tranquiLity you wouLd have aLways cLamoured for.
CaLL them to enquire @63452122
:smile:

Thanks , appreciate the info.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not the usual restaurant cuisine but this promotion. Hint: this is the food when I climb over the Istana fence, road tested by 2 of old man's siblings.

I hope you will have a few episodes of "Tales from the Istana"
for our entertainment.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
scroobal the ISD spy will be profiling the gullible samsters who turn up at Escape Restaurant this Saturday evening. Gluttons beware!

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
The REAL scroobal would never have started such a thread. I'm willing to lay my head on the guillotine if proved wrong.

I tell myself this: as it has happened to scroobal's account, I shouldn't be surprised if one day someone posts comments using my own account.

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
The REAL scroobal would never have started such a thread. I'm willing to lay my head on the guillotine if proved wrong.
From "04-03-2012, 04:34 PM":
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?111459-Suggestion-for-Food-Folder
Sam

Any hope for one. Over the years we had so many contributiions from Alamaking, Porfiro, Ramseth, GD, and others. They are preety indepth. Much better than Kamasutra and a whole heap of fancy guides. We are losing too much valuable contribution over the years.

Also suggesting that Alamaking can be mod as he is certainly subject matter expert. Rally keen on the old stuff and the vanishing trades. People can also share on how these things are made at home and by the old hawkers.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes you are right about Peranakan food. The trick is take a small bowl and do it degustation style - small portions as samplings. Experienced hosts will always lay small bowls and not the big plates.

Yes thats true and also Peranakan food can get full quite fast whereas seafood if you eat slowly you can eat more. So in the end the seafood buffet is always better for me. But I guess if someone likes Peranakan food then his or her view will be different.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is one located in a hotel opposite Riverview Hotel. Can't recall name of restaurant and hotel but serves very good Peranakan makan. Booking required.