• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Food courts and coffee shops food more and more fcuked up !

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
forget all these overprice junkfood! maintain raw diet,my diet consist of 80% raw, had raw diet almost 2 yrs, never look back. eat plenty of fruits and good portion of raw or cook vege, snack some nuts in btween, taste good and healthy, fuck those overprice lousy food and those food make u sick

jw5

Loyal
Many years ago, local pubs in the UK faced problems similar to the ones faced by our hawkers a few years back, i.e. rising costs and homogenization resulting from buyouts by big breweries.

The people reacted by starting CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) and quite successfully preserved the unique flavours of individual pubs and districts. Maybe we should revive the old hawker fare with CAMRHAF, to save our foods from Sheng Shiong and NTUC Food Fare.
I agree that we should try to preserve and revive the old hawker fare.
Not only is some food from foodcourts bad, but the prices are cut-throat, especially in some of the "upmarket" shopping malls, which I never patronize.

However, I disagree with your point about ntuc foodfare. Some of the stalls in ntuc foodfare are pretty good, and some were previously from hawker centres which moved there when the hawker centres were demolished or renovated. The prices are also reasonable.

Samthaikong

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are exceptions like Chinatown hawker centre serves good food. The owner own the store and dish out yummy dishes. I will try to avoid the stall as long it is serve by a FT.

promisedland

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only idiots eat at foodcourts with their high rental... the food and service is lousy because the bulk of costs go to pap rental collection... the only costs which go into the food is very low compare to the price idiots paid...

hawkers centers you also take a risk...

my mom once saw one stall owner wash the dishes in the same water she washes her food...kay leow man, that's why is more delicious?