• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foie Gras anyone?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Anybody like this French Delicacy Foie Gras (Fatty liver)? Is very delicious and the best french delicacy I have tasted.

I stopped eating Foie Gras after I watched this video and all related articles.. Bloody ang moh so bloody cruel!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32815SIgq1A&feature=related

:mad:

Attachments

• 800px-Foie_gras_en_cocotte.jpg
    800px-Foie_gras_en_cocotte.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 96

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every farm meat are cruel. Maybe all of us/human should hunt meat in the jungle like the ancestor do.

Privpho

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get real. Life is 'cruel'. When lions hunt, they kill their prey by biting their throat and letting them suffocate to death. Even maggots of certain flies eat their prey alive from the inside out. So embrace your inner nature. Man was meant to be a carnivore and always has been. The very act of killing itself necessitates cruelty. So stop treating cruelty as though it's such a bad thing.

Turning veg has no beneficial effect on easing the sufferings of this world whatsoever- just a delusion that you're doing something to help.

fox_hound_33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get real. Life is 'cruel'. When lions hunt, they kill their prey by biting their throat and letting them suffocate to death. Even maggots of certain flies eat their prey alive from the inside out. So embrace your inner nature. Man was meant to be a carnivore and always has been. The very act of killing itself necessitates cruelty. So stop treating cruelty as though it's such a bad thing.

Turning veg has no beneficial effect on easing the sufferings of this world whatsoever- just a delusion that you're doing something to help.

Let me breakdown your argument and show to you how flawed it is.

You first claim that animals like lions and insects like maggots kill their prey in a painful manner and thus it is justifiable that we humans do the same too. Let me ask you this, lions kill one another over territorial battles, there are plenty of species of insects that are cannibalistic. So what do you propose? That we immediately legalize murders and start eating one another??

There is a reason why we call ourselves humans and not just another animal species. And it is because humanity has the ability to rise against instincts and take deliberate actions based on thought and logic. It is what that separates us from the animal world.

Animals kill to satisfy their hunger, they appear to kill their prey in a painful manner because that is the only way they know how to kill. Nature did not equip them with some instant death weapon via which they can kill prey immediately. Now contrast this with what humans have been doing. The Fois gras is a perfect example.....we torture animals so that they can provide us with some delicacy, though we have all the means and tools necessary to put a quick and painless end to these creatures. This is not about satisfying ones hunger but rather about having a perverted notion about food and how it is to be prepared.

Animals don’t run factory farms where prey is kept in appalling conditions from birth to death. Prey roams the natural world freely until they are target by the predators. Again, contrast this to what humans have been doing in animal farms. Right from the birth of the poor animal it is subjected to immense pain and suffering before it is finally killed, which usually is by some grotesque means.

To justify meat eating and indirectly support animal farms and animal cruelty because of the predatory instincts of the animal world is utterly myopic, puerile and completely void of wisdom and logic.

Your next claim that turning vegetarian does not do anything to ease the suffering of the world. Do you know the amount of food that a cow
eats in its lifetime before it is slaughtered? The lands that are used to cultivate animal fodder, if put to agricultural purpose can feed a population
100 times over. It is well know that pure fertile agricultural land is being wasted to produce animal fodder. Do you know that cattle is a primary emitter of green house gas? A significant reduction in cattle meant for consumption would go a long way in minimizing green house gas emissions.

Do you know how these animals (chickens, cattle etc) are grown these days? Do you know about the myriad growth hormones and chemicals and
antibiotics they are injected with so that they can reach their maximum size faster? Do you know that when consumed these chemicals actually get deposited in our bodies causing cancer and what not. If the world were to reduce its meat consumption it certainly would find itself healthier.

I have given points to counter your argument. Now it’s your turn. Please enlighten me on why I might be delusional.

And for those who would want to explore and educate themselves and make this world a better place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWF9AcnaepA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwmwu--ZsZs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqtfqX-YrIg

These videos address the benefit of vegetarianism from 3 perspectives:
1. Ethical
2. Social
3. Health

jw5

Loyal
Tried it before when overseas. Don't like it.

It's like asking the Angmos.

Durian anyone?
At least durian is a fruit that grows on a tree.
As the thread starter said, foie gras is fatty liver.
Firstly, why eat something which is "fatty"?
Secondly, why are we eating "liver"?

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal

You human? It is precisely animals like you that make this world a "better" place. No living things should inflict hurt on another or benefit from another's suffering. I know it's difficult i reality but we must at least hold on to this last piece of sanity in this insane world.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
how u pronounce foie gras? ... :confused:

Foie gras is pronounced as....well, "foie gras".

Lucky yuo need not pay $ to ppronounce it. Some idiots paid $400,000 to call Marina Bay......."Marina Bay". Well they are not using their own $, so actually no problem there. Wonder if there will be an investigation though. Can some opposition ask them during the coming rally ?