• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FMH: Attacks are false and baseless

ruffles

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST 120216

MP Foo Mee Har: Attacks are false and baseless
She dismisses Net talk about her personal life, vows action if it persists

By Tessa Wong & Cai Haoxiang

Member of Parliament Foo Mee Har on Wednesday dismissed online talk about her personal life as 'false and baseless'.

The West Coast GRC MP also said she would take steps to protect her rights should the personal attacks and rumours persist.

However, she would not be taking any further action against blogger Alex Au as he 'has already promptly removed his posting which made reference to me', she told The Straits Times.

Ms Foo was asked whether she would take action against Mr Au or any other netizens, following a legal move taken against Mr Au by Foreign Affairs and Law Minister K. Shanmugam.

On Tuesday, Mr Shanmugam's lawyers wrote to Mr Au, saying a comment Mr Au made on his blog yawningbread.wordpress.com was defamatory. They asked that the comment be removed and their letter published on Mr Au's blog. Mr Au did so on Tuesday night.

Mr Au's blog comments referred to allegations on the Net about the personal lives of Ms Foo and Mr Shanmugam.

These allegations, said the lawyers in their letter, were put up primarily by a person who calls himself Scroobal on the Internet and whom the lawyers have not been able to trace.

An Internet search found that Scroobal made several postings on the Sammyboy online forum between March and April last year about Ms Foo, alleging certain things about her private life.

He, or she, made similar postings about Mr Shanmugam on the same forum, once in late 2010 and again on Sunday.

When contacted, Ms Foo issued a statement that she also posted to her Facebook account on Wednesday.

She said, among other things: 'I do wish to say that the personal attacks and rumours that were made against me are false and baseless. I think it is important for me to put this on record so that people will know they are untrue.

'We need to inculcate a culture of responsibility of what we say. I would take steps to protect my rights if it becomes necessary to do so.'

The legal action by Mr Shanmugam has drawn both support and criticism.

Some netizens hit out at him for being heavy-handed, saying his move would curb free speech on the Internet. Some also noted that it drew more attention to the online allegations.

Others, however, applauded his action, saying he has the right to defend his reputation.

Lawyer Chia Boon Teck said Mr Shanmugam's action showed the importance of getting one's facts right.

'If anybody wants to talk publicly about somebody else, especially a public personality, then you better be careful... If what you are hinting at is based on rumours and gossip, then you are exposing yourself to legal suits,' he said.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some years ago, someone gave clear instructions to the state press not to identify or name SBF. In the past, SBF had always been mentioned, credited for good and bad infromation that first came out here. I have never used any other outlet except SBF. Note they will readily mention any other forum accurately and readily.

Can you guys guess why?

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Some also noted that it drew more attention to the online allegations ...
ya, man! ...

hits @ tis kopitiam surged as much as ~ 50% n peaked @ 9540 ... almost reaching ze psychological 10,000 mark late last nite ... 4 ze immediate term, resistance is @ 10,000, which wil b heavily tested again dese few nites ...

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now Alex's blog will be swam with huge traffic. Though he has taken down the comment, the whole comment was repeated in A&G's letter....hahaha. That was the whole intent of Alex of hiding his comment behind a transparent plastic bag provided by A&G. A&G screwed itself with their own sword and alex was quick to oblige openly.

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exactly, A&G lawyers must be getting low pay to be so stupid as to repeat the "libelous" comment in their letter and then demand that the letter be published in FULL.

Now Alex's blog will be swam with huge traffic. Though he has taken down the comment, the whole comment was repeated in A&G's letter....hahaha. That was the whole intent of Alex of hiding his comment behind a transparent plastic bag provided by A&G. A&G screwed itself with their own sword and alex was quick to oblige openly.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
FMH should try to emulate the Minister in getting a lawyer to write a letter to Sammyboy forum, a.o. LeongSam the money collector.Or else we'll just give her a HARD time here.

earnestball

Alfrescian
Loyal
there r 2 or more camps .....

Some years ago, someone gave clear instructions to the state press not to identify or name SBF. In the past, SBF had always been mentioned, credited for good and bad infromation that first came out here. I have never used any other outlet except SBF. Note they will readily mention any other forum accurately and readily.

Can you guys guess why?

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All this talk about FMH is just wrong.

I have a healthy sex life but the urge to fap is overbearing...

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Some years ago, someone gave clear instructions to the state press not to identify or name SBF.

Note they will readily mention any other forum accurately and readily.

Can you guys guess why?

The level of political discussion here is many rungs higher than elsewhere.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
FMH should try to emulate the Minister in getting a lawyer to write a letter to Sammyboy forum, a.o. LeongSam the money collector.Or else we'll just give her a HARD time here.

Actually I'm quite surprised if a few dozen wannabe lawyers have not already offered to represent FMH pro-bono.

It is FMH herself who does not wish to take this course but just piggyback on Shanmugam's lawyers for now.

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
FMH not tracking down scroobal?

Just a couple of weeks ago, I criticised scroobal for making serious allegations against Foo Mee Har without providing any evidence or sources. I think it was unfair to her because it was like someone in the dark throwing darts at her without her even knowing since sammyboy forum is not a mainstream media. But now that she knew scroobal had made some serious allegations about her and yet she seemed to be satisfy with just Alex Au's removal of his article which did mentioned about the allegations but the article itself did not carry the same alleged defamatory content. Hence, I wish to state that I am no longer interested to defend her anymore.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just a couple of weeks ago, I criticised scroobal for making serious allegations against Foo Mee Har without providing any evidence or sources. I think it was unfair to her because it was like someone in the dark throwing darts at her without her even knowing since sammyboy forum is not a mainstream media. But now that she knew scroobal had made some serious allegations about her and yet she seemed to be satisfy with just Alex Au's removal of his article which did mentioned about the allegations but the article itself did not carry the same alleged defamatory content. Hence, I wish to state that I am no longer interested to defend her anymore.

Scroobal could have accused LHL, LKY, GCT, MBT, WKS, RL, TCH and many others. Why only Shan and FMH?

In the case of Shan, almost the entire legal fraternity is aware. The most 'awarest' are those from A&G.

In FMH's case, any lau chiao in SCB with more than 10 years service would be able to provide you with a Summary of Facts.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

On the surface your thinking appears rational but I have few questions:

(a) In the past why did you defend only FMH but not Shanmugam?

(b) Why are you withdrawing your defence of FMH just because she is satisfied with some very cursory action? Is is because her mere knowledge of what's happening is enough to satisfy you that she is on a level playing field?

(c) What is the main reason for your past defence of FMH? Is it becasue Scroobal did not give evidence, or because you were unsure whether FMH knew about these allegations, or because she is a lady?

Not flaming you, just trying to iron out some kinks in how I understand your post & its motives.

byleftcan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The more Shan and Mee Har talk about it and draw attention to themselves...

9565135pkg.jpg