• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Flashback 80s - NS Slave's Top Idol

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
elle_08-2009w.jpg

Queen of the Web - She is an Internet celebrity?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
serious she's the top idol of 80s NS guys?

That would make her damn old. I tot it was the 90s?

hi there

1. bro, although vivian has been round the block for a while
2. but the gal has the grace and poise.
3. honest, she ages gracefully, soft and still pretty kwai kwai.
4. she is some role model too.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
20081028.113026_vivian.jpg

Viva la Vivian

Almost every write-up of Vivian Chow from the last few years mentions this fact: The Hong Kong singer-actress, who turns 41 next month, looks almost as youthful as she did when she bowed out of show business more than a decade ago.

Once dubbed the ultimate yu nu (a Chinese term for a virginal sweetie-pie type), she still sports her trademark long black hair, which is carefully curled when Urban meets her for this interview.

Now the face of Shiseido's best-selling anti-ageing Revital range, she was in town two weeks ago to promote the Japanese beauty brand's breast awareness campaign.

Sporting a light layer of make-up, her fair skin, large doe eyes and delicate features remain as manga-like as ever.

She is, however, much more multi-faceted than her kawaii image would suggest. An avid painter, she admires artists like Chinese painter Wu Guanzhong and gushes over indie movies like the 2006 Irish romance Once.

When it comes to fashion and beauty, she prefers to keep things simple: She favours classically elegant labels like Valentino and Armani and no facials or other fancy treatments for her, thank you.

The self-professed introvert with more than 20 movies and 20 albums under her belt left showbiz in 1997, when she moved to Canada with her long-time boyfriend, DJ-compere Joe Ni.

The couple has since returned to Hong Kong, where she recently had to bat away pregnancy rumours.

'I'm already a mother,' she tells Urban serenely in Mandarin, before adding: 'I have four cats and they feel like my kids. My boyfriend and I have discussed it and we don't plan to have children.'

How has your skincare regime changed as you get older?

When I first entered the entertainment industry, I had a lot of skin problems. I didn't know much about make-up and skincare, so I would use whatever products others recommended but wouldn't follow the instructions properly.

That resulted in blocked pores and my skin was very sensitive. I had to go to a dermatologist eventually.

When I discovered Revital, my skin got better. Now, even though I'm older, my complexion is much better.

The most basic steps are to cleanse, tone and moisturise every morning and night. I also use a night cream and an eye cream because nice eyes are very important to me.

Do you like any other special beauty treatments?

I actually don't like to go for facials because I get very impatient. Having to lie there for many hours without being able to move, that's very painful for me. I very seldom do hair treatments too.

As long as you stick with the three-step routine, there's no need to go overboard and overload your skin.

Two to three times a week, I will also use the Revital Wrinklelift Retino Science AA eye mask. If you wear make-up every day, then I will suggest you use it every day.

Have you ever had to break any bad habits when it comes to fashion and beauty?

I have too many. I'm the kind of person who can eat the same thing in the same restaurant every day. There was a period when I ate coffee-flavoured cake for breakfast, tea and supper every day.

As I get older, I try to have a more balanced diet. Now I don't eat too much, just until I'm about 80 per cent full. I also go for low-calorie, high-fibre food and I take health supplements. Lifestyle is also very important. I try to ensure I get enough rest. I also stay away from negative energy, like tabloid magazines and people who like to gossip.

One of your paintings has been reproduced on some of Shiseido's limited-edition bags. When did you get interested in painting?

vivian-painting.jpg

I was very interested when I was a student, but I had no time to pursue it. A few years ago, when I had a lot of free time, I took out the paints and brushes from my school days and started again. I have taken some lessons in Chinese painting and Western watercolours.

I like to paint scenery and portraits but it's not convenient for me to paint outside because people will surround me. So I will take photos of something I want to paint. I took a photo of this old woman in Hong Kong's Temple Street once. She thought I was a reporter and got very angry with me.

You are involved in a breast cancer awareness campaign in Hong Kong as well. Why do you feel strongly about this issue?

My mother, who is now in her 80s, was diagnosed with breast cancer 10 years ago. She had a very positive attitude during the treatment and we were very proud of her. Six of my elderly relatives have had breast cancer as well.

For people of that generation who have been through so much hardship, it's not a big deal. Their attitude is, when there is a problem, you have to solve it. In my mother's case, her cancer was detected early because she went for regular check-ups, so that's something I want to tell people: Your health is your own responsibility.

I am very lucky because my fans have remained very supportive. That's my biggest asset and I would like to give something back to society.