• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Flash floods reported at Chai Chee Rd, New Upper Changi Rd

DogVader69DorkVader

Alfrescian
Loyal

Flash floods reported at Chai Chee Rd, New Upper Changi Rd

POSTED: 28 Apr 2013 11:25 AM
UPDATED: 28 Apr 2013 3:03 PM

Several other areas in the east experienced high levels of water following heavy rains on Sunday morning.

a-mercedes-cab-stranded-in-flash-flood-at-chai-chee-road.jpg

A Mercedes cab stranded in flash flood at Chai Chee Road at 10:45am. (Your News: Faisal Suptuu)

SINGAPORE: Flash floods have been reported at the junction of Chai Chee Road and New Upper Changi Road.

According to the PUB's Facebook post, only one lane is passable.

A Channel NewsAsia viewer sent in a photograph showing a white Mercedes taxi half submerged in water at Chai Chee Road at 10:45am.

Several other areas in the east experienced high levels of water following heavy rains on Sunday morning and PUB said these areas face high flood risk.

The affected areas are Chin Cheng Avenue near Jamiyah Children's home, Geylang River near Paya Lebar Road, Bedok South Road and Bedok South Avenue 1, Siglap Road and Marine Parade Road.

For flash floods updates, visit PUB Facebook page or PUB Twitter.

- CNA/ck

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Come on, that is not flooding. That is "ponding"!

The rain has stopped and water subsided. Let's move on!!

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Was having my Breakfast at the Marine Parade CentraL this a.m with my ankLes submerged in waters whiLe downing
a hot bowL of Century eggs w pork porridge..:cool:
Quite a speciaL & unforgettabLe eXperience..:smile:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was having my Breakfast at the Marine Parade CentraL this a.m with my ankLes submerged in waters whiLe downing
u oways eat wif ur ankles? ... who r ur ankles? ...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Come on, that is not flooding. That is "ponding"!

The rain has stopped and water subsided. Let's move on!!

LTA Minister is staying near there....must have missed his free breakfast again!...is this another 50 year ponding??

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seems like the infrastructure in Sg is crumbling and falling apart faster than the approach of the next GE.

Is it just me, or are some of the things popping up seem to be like multiple "attacks" on this country's ppl who are selected to maintain and keep it going as well as making it safe for all here?

From mrt breakdowns, worker's strike to some incidents of infrastructure failure.. why all in a span of these 2 years?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You don't need to be a scientist to know that soil and vegetation absorb rainfall. Once you replace them with concrete, the excess rainwater won't be absorbed and it has to go somewhere.

Fucking brilliant, PAP govt. Keep digging and building.... one day the entire Singapore will be transformed into one large reservoir.

jw5

Loyal
thats why it is now compulsory for all kids to learn to swim

Not just swimming, they also need to learn how to survive in water, for example, using their pyjamas to make floats, and being able to tread water for hours on end. :eek:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
According to Yaacob Ibrahim, it's a freak event that only occurs once in every 50 years...

...and with all the millions of dollars the govt and LTA invest into our infrastructure :rolleyes:

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
yea, i kena kick in the face before by those kids in pajamas. never swim in public pools after that. nowadays, got the SwimSafer award also.

Not just swimming, they also need to learn how to survive in water, for example, using their pyjamas to make floats, and being able to tread water for hours on end. :eek:

jw5

Loyal
According to Yaacob Ibrahim, it's a freak event that only occurs once in every 50 years...

...and with all the millions of dollars the govt and LTA invest into our infrastructure :rolleyes:

He'll get away with talking rot, as they always do.

And they'll get away with their wasteful spending, as they always do.

In the meantime, we have to deal with wannabe elite fuckers who pretend to be against establishment but are helping them.

Talk about being bullied left right centre, gao liao, enough is enough. :mad:

jw5

Loyal
yea, i kena kick in the face before by those kids in pajamas. never swim in public pools after that. nowadays, got the SwimSafer award also.

have some sympathy for them, they have to take off their pyjamas without taking off their trunks/costumes, and then make a float, all the while treading water without using their hands. can be tough..........

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Eating hot poridge while raining. Shiok.

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
no wonder their kicks so strong. true lah. i do pity them sometimes. they swim so hard, their parents just sit by the pool and read newspaper

have some sympathy for them, they have to take off their pyjamas without taking off their trunks/costumes, and then make a float, all the while treading water without using their hands. can be tough..........