• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

First world parliment: 3 parties 1/3 seats each party

RealSingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think best parliment is 3 parties system, the party have the most seats will be ruling party. but still need 2\3 of votes to get a policy done.

this way policy maker will concentrate on good policy to get the other two party to vote for the policy.

So any policy that benefit the ruling party will not be pass, like the GRC.

ktc5972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Politics is not a football game. Your views on politics is an ideal political world. The real political structures are far complex & definitely not for the real public to know. First, you have to understand --> the originator for a bill to be drafted. Don't worry about how it is being passed. As far Singapore is concern, its not secret to know how redtapes are handled in an Autocratic government. But since, the country has no natural resources......under what assurance will such a government do to make what it is today? Find the answer? & you will know, how policies are born. There will be a time; comes when the puppet master becomes the puppet. Its like selling your soul to the devil...................politics is a world of mystical science.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think best parliment is 3 parties system, the party have the most seats will be ruling party. but still need 2\3 of votes to get a policy done.

this way policy maker will concentrate on good policy to get the other two party to vote for the policy.

You are a real Sinkie (read my sig)

The best is 65% PAP and 35% (The rest)
This will ensure that they can't pass any ridiculous bills

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
why not opposition getting 80% (WP,SPP,SDP,NSP) and 20% (PAP)
anf NCMP (PAP)???

Do you know there are poly grads and o levels holders in opposition?

No other countries have lowly educated people in Parliament
To be 1st class, we cannot afford having these losers
I think the minimum prerequisite should be a NUS degree

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal

Huh? Inspired by Romance of Three Kingdoms. 三國誌 ? :smile:

Last edited:

Spearhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you know there are poly grads and o levels holders in opposition?

No other countries have lowly educated people in Parliament
To be 1st class, we cannot afford having these losers
I think the minimum prerequisite should be a NUS degree

Are we getting a Parliament that based on education level and not respentative to voice out for the people?
黑猫 ,白猫, 会捉老鼠的。。。。就是好猫!!

What the in PAP for getting those "SCHOLARS" and Ex-COA, Generals to cabinet that only be a YES man to their master?
YOG is a very good example? Selamat's escape , Orchard's road flooding, increase in GST, etc... what is the PAP's answer to this issue.???? Silent and yet have the cheek to ask for pay rise?

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are we getting a Parliament that based on education level and not respentative to voice out for the people?
黑猫 ,白猫, 会捉老鼠的。。。。就是好猫!!

What the in PAP for getting those "SCHOLARS" and Ex-COA, Generals to cabinet that only be a YES man to their master?
YOG is a very good example? Selamat's escape , Orchard's road flooding, increase in GST, etc... what is the PAP's answer to this issue.???? Silent and yet have the cheek to ask for pay rise?

A good education is a minimum prerequisite

You don't have to be Einstein

But you have to be smart enough to make plans and look at things at a high level.

Also you need to gain the respect of Sinkies
Lowly-educated people are disgusting

ktc5972

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are a real Sinkie (read my sig)

The best is 65% PAP and 35% (The rest)
This will ensure that they can't pass any ridiculous bills

Will you be able to provide a scenario on how this 35% (provided they really gelled & work like the cloaks of a clock) can be achieved? At this moment, I don't care about how many opposition seats won, the more the merrier but I just want a victory on a GRC constituent, so that more young talent will start to join opposition party.
I am looking far & every step is a victory towards the day when I say my pledge, with tears holding my ethnic friends hands & put an end to the idealistic value of the pledge. Realism isn’t far & yes we can be brothers with different race. I totally disagree with LKY on this matter.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will you be able to provide a scenario on how this 35% (provided they really gelled & work like the cloaks of a clock) can be achieved? At this moment, I don't care about how many opposition seats won, the more the merrier but I just want a victory on a GRC constituent, so that more young talent will start to join opposition party.
I am looking far & every step is a victory towards the day when I say my pledge, with tears holding my ethnic friends hands & put an end to the idealistic value of the pledge. Realism isn’t far & yes we can be brothers with different race. I totally disagree with LKY on this matter.

That is your opinion

Not everyone wants a multi-party parliament

Don't always compare to other countries

Look at our economic make-up especially how much GDP our government-linked companies generate

When you break up the power stranglehold, the only people who will suffer are Sinkies

Spearhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
A good education is a minimum prerequisite

You don't have to be Einstein

But you have to be smart enough to make plans and look at things at a high level.

Also you need to gain the respect of Sinkies
Lowly-educated people are disgusting

To me, the one that can place the Nation's interests in the first place is the one I am voting in this coming election.
What the point having so much of education yet can't even giving a normal speech?? Look at the NEW PAP candidate , Ex-COA Chan Chun Sing

Election%2BBanner%2B3.JPG