• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FB post of a child who was under the same teacher who caught mistreating the child

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
1016936_10151707842178540_1252981299_n.jpg

"This is FB post from a parent whose child was under that same teacher who was caught mistreating the child. There’s always 2 sides of the coin."

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: FB post of a child who was under the same teacher who caught mistreating the chil

More like one of the NTUC astroturfers posing as a parent to do damage control via Facebook.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: FB post of a child who was under the same teacher who caught mistreating the chil

More like one of the NTUC astroturfers posing as a parent to do damage control via Facebook.

Seriously, why would the childcare teacher abuse a kid? Dun you some times want to smack some kids?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Seriously, why would the childcare teacher abuse a kid? Dun you some times want to smack some kids?

agree that some kids need to have one tight slap sometimes to behave well, only that we are talking about someone else's kid/s. It's true when someone told me that if you have 100 kids on a stage, the parent is fixated only on his/her kid - the other 99 kids don't exist.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

deleted, dbl post!

Last edited:

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1-why would the childcare teacher abuse a kid?
2-Dun you some times want to smack some kids?

now! which side you are on?:confused:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wanna bet that the childcare centre doesn't have guidelines on how to deal with problem kids?

If the teacher has too many children under her care and she has to deal with a problem kid, how can she manage? Say, if she deals with the problem kid and another kid hurt himself in an accident, teacher will get the blame.

I don't hold the teacher 100 percent responsible. NTUC and the centre has to bear the greater responsibility. As of today, we still don't know the children-teacher ratio at the centre and at the time of the incident, how many kids were under that teacher's chart.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

agree that some kids need to have one tight slap sometimes to behave well, only that we are talking about someone else's kid/s. It's true when someone told me that if you have 100 kids on a stage, the parent is fixated only on his/her kid - the other 99 kids don't exist.

Kids these days are very hard to manage, just take a look around & you would know, what I mean, but to abuse the kid is another matter; it prove that, she is incompetent as a child care teacher. It is the system that produce a product like that.

Did the teacher report to the supervisor that this child is difficult to manage??, if she did, the supervisor must make observation, take notes for this will help to cover their backside if problems occur.

On the day of the incident, if the child was impossible to handle, she should ask help or get another to keep an eye on the child & go get the supervisor...

Anyway..to cut a long story short...we can assume that one all are just doing their jobs & collecting salaries...will they form a committee to look into these lapse in management?? :p

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Kids these days are very hard to manage, just take a look around & you would know, what I mean, but to abuse the kid is another matter; it prove that, she is incompetent as a child care teacher. It is the system that produce a product like that.

We are using the term 'abuse' loosely. She was seen pulling the kid ...is that abuse?

Did the teacher report to the supervisor that this child is difficult to manage??, if she did, the supervisor must make observation, take notes for this will help to cover their backside if problems occur.

Was there a supervisor there? How many kids was under her charge? 30 kids or 20 kids or 10 kids? Did they discuss the issue of this problem kid at their weekly meetings? Was there a weekly meeting?

On the day of the incident, if the child was impossible to handle, she should ask help or get another to keep an eye on the child & go get the supervisor...
Was there another teacher that could help her then? Was the supervisor around? Could she step out to get help?

Anyway..to cut a long story short...we can assume that one all are just doing their jobs & collecting salaries...will they form a committee to look into these lapse in management?? :p

The PAP-Press should be asking the pointed questions. Instead those reporters are just acting bodoh. They don't dare to embarrass NTUC and the minister in charge of NTUC.

jeffozborne

A kid will always be a kid, not matter how naughty he is, you don't have to do such a punishment. Let him know that he did something wrong in a better way.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have to say that it was abuse in this instance, based on the injury sustained. The teacher just lost it, you can't go around dishing this sort of physical abuse. Perhaps isolating (not humiliating) him could be one way and he can't go out to play while others can....

On another note, those parents who inform the teachers to go ahead to punish their kids should list the OB markers as rapping the knuckles / palms may be ok but not till the extent in this case when blood spills...

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Abuse is when my primary school Chinese teacher uses the edge of a metal ruler to hit my finger.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The teacher is made to take the blame.

What about the role of NTUC? A full-scale investigation of that NTUC centre is necessary to answer the following questions ...

1. Was the centre adequately staffed according to international childcare standard?
2. Are the teachers trained to handle errant kids?
3. Why didn't the other teachers intervene?
4. Where was the supervisor/manager at the time of the incident?
5. Why was this incident not detected for a while?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Abuse is when my primary school Chinese teacher uses the edge of a metal ruler to hit my finger.

abuse, enticement and seduction all rolled into one is when a sexy teacher wears short skirt and walks up and down the aisle flashing her red panties at my handheld mirror.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

The whole blame should go to PAP. If not for NTUC trying to do every business under the sun, this would never have happened.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

I used to be a terror at childcare. I would curse and swear at the teachers even at a very young age. but nobody ever whacked me. they simply called up my mum and told her that I wasn't welcomed anymore and never ever to bring me back.

those @#$^%*^& teachers

nitefly

Alfrescian
Loyal

From the way the parent describe it looks like the kid need more specialized kind of care?
Could it be the kid is a ADHD kid? One of the symptom of ADHD kid is bullying.

In that sense, the teacher could be put to stress to the limit as this kid need special teacher to take care.

1016936_10151707842178540_1252981299_n.jpg

"This is FB post from a parent whose child was under that same teacher who was caught mistreating the child. There’s always 2 sides of the coin."

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I used to be a terror at childcare. I would curse and swear at the teachers even at a very young age. but nobody ever whacked me. they simply called up my mum and told her that I wasn't welcomed anymore and never ever to bring me back.

those @#$^%*^& teachers

no wonder you're such a naughty boy.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal

The whole blame should go to PAP. If not for NTUC trying to do every business under the sun, this would never have happened.

That's a very insightful post. It pretty well summarizes the woes we are going through now where the GLCs are dominant, if not absolute monopoly in every business sector. Another good example is Starhub vs Singtel and the soccer fans are all exploited with increase fees each season. The bloody MDA know not what to as both are GLCs. In the end, the people suffer.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I doubt the parents will sue NTUC as then the whole story will be public info. A settlement of some sort with no details released will happen.

I won't be surprised if the teacher is let off with a stern warning ...an arrangement made possible by NTUC and the parents.

NTUC doesn't want the bad press and the revelation of how badly the childcare centre is operated.

Last edited: