• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Faye Lim not happy that nurse check her son's lanpa

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Forum: Parents not clearly informed of check on private body parts at pupils' health screening​

• PUBLISHED
    NOV 27, 2021, 1:00 AM SGT

The annual school health and dental screening conducted by the Health Promotion Board (HPB) is a vital service that protects children and lets health issues be detected early.
But there is one area that could be improved.

Earlier this year, I was made aware that as part of the screening, male Primary 1 pupils have their scrotum checked for abnormalities. This seems to be an important step to detect health issues associated with such abnormalities.

I appreciate this check but feel the details could be better communicated.

During the check, underwear is removed and physical contact is made with a pupil's genitals. This information should be made clear to parents in the main body of the letter they receive on the screening.

Parents and guardians should also be directly asked about this check when they give their consent for the screening.

We want your opinion
What topics and commentaries would you like to read more of?
Tell us more

I know of pupils from at least two primary schools, along with their parents, who did not know about the scrotum check.

One pupil's parents became aware only after their child, who had received early home-based sexuality education, mentioned it to them and expressed discomfort with the way the nurse handled his genitals.
They spoke to the nurse, who clarified the purpose of the check and how it was conducted. The nurse also mentioned that other parents had had concerns about this gap in communication.
I brought this issue up to HPB in April, but found out that a friend faced this same problem last month with her son's screening.

This communication gap needs to be addressed, so that there is clarity for pupils, parents and guardians about the purpose and process of checks on private body parts, and children get safer messaging about body boundaries and safe touch.

Ideally, a review of this process could involve inclusive and trauma-informed approaches, so that children with disabilities and children who have experienced body-based trauma and abuses are similarly given safer messages about who is able to touch their private body parts and why.
Faye Lim Minli

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I am jealous. Last time I primary one, no one check my lampar. Otherwise i could have embarked on my shiok shiok sexual awakening much earlier. Nowadays all the kids get it good.

Patriotmissile

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know a female doctor at Raffles Medical at Bugis did this. Other than lawyers, the next despicable vocation.
( not all of them but quite a number of them)

HeMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Her son LJ got steam or not?

birdaha-balloon.gif

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wasn’t there this “cough with underwear down check”? Parents really making a deal of nothing

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe the school should ask the parents to take photos of their sons' scrotum bags and then send it to Ooi Chuen Wei for him to check on-line.....

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Primary 1 balls check, NS pre-enlistment balls check. This is all part of the health screening process. Why is this mother making such a fuss? Doesn't the boy have a father who knows these things? And stop his dumbfuck wife from making a big deal out of nothing.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am jealous. Last time I primary one, no one check my lampar. Otherwise i could have embarked on my shiok shiok sexual awakening much earlier. Nowadays all the kids get it good.
I thought they checked your kuku bird during pre NS enlistment?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just wait till your brat grows older and goes to CMPB for his NS enlistment checkup.

Stupid snowflake parents. :roflmao:

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Primary 1 balls check, NS pre-enlistment balls check. This is all part of the health screening process. Why is this mother making such a fuss? Doesn't the boy have a father who knows these things? And stop his dumbfuck wife from making a big deal out of nothing.

I'd like to teach her a thing or two about hole inspection...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the nurse looks like Jinx, how would your kkj react?

Depends on what your interests are.

Stupid entitled mother probably thought that it's her exclusive right to inspect her son's lanjiao.

I had my lanjiao checked by school nurses and the GP doctor many times when I was a kid, and that's before any cock hair had sprouted. Big fucking deal. :rolleyes: