• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious FAS: 2034 World Cup a realistic (own?) goal

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nearly after a decade after Goal 2010, FAS wants to qualify for 2034 series.
Edwin Tong said: It's in 15 years time and a "realistic" goal.
Wait, we qualify not because we can become better.

He pointed out to the expanded 48-team format for the 2026 World Cup and
beyond. (Who knows, maybe the 2034 format may actually accommodate 96
teams).

No plans, no nothing but leaving it to prayers and hope.
Sigh.

What do you think?

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Learn to beat Kampong teams in Mal, Thai and Indo, than go to Africa and beat those village teams before even think beating teams in South America. This is the problem with our so called Leeders, can only talk to make emself look capable and believable. Lan lan Sinkies pay em millions to hear their bullshit.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was “GOAL 2010: Singapore at the World Cup” back then and I quote the then PM back in 1998, Woody Goh....

“Last year I told you Singapore would never have a chance in the World Cup, because the rules require all players to be citizens. But after watching the French victory, I have changed my mind.

“Maybe if we change our immigration criteria to bring in top football talent and make them citizens, then one day we too can get into the finals. In fact we intend to do just this, to bring in sports talent.”

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2034 is the year 96% of the pioneer generation and 69% of the merdeka generation are dead and buried. thus very few can remember and kpkb.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When a sleazy lawyer (and PAP politician) featured in the CHC case could end up becoming a spokesman for the country's football association, you know things are not going to be successful.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was “GOAL 2010: Singapore at the World Cup” back then and I quote the then PM back in 1998, Woody Goh....

“Last year I told you Singapore would never have a chance in the World Cup, because the rules require all players to be citizens. But after watching the French victory, I have changed my mind.

“Maybe if we change our immigration criteria to bring in top football talent and make them citizens, then one day we too can get into the finals. In fact we intend to do just this, to bring in sports talent.”

Oh yeah, that's when those meddling PAP technocrats started imported nigger footballer rejects to let them play in or represent Sinkieland.

Remember this guy? :rolleyes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itimi_Dickson

Itimi_Dickson.jpg

Itimi Dickson Edherefe is a Singapore international former football player.

Previously, he played for Jurong FC, Woodlands Wellington FC, Young Lions and Persitara Jakarta Utara.

In 2001, Dickson was suspended for three months and fined S$1,000 for punching Home United's Harun Juma'at. He fell out with head coach V. Sundramoorthy after serving out his ban and was transferred to Woodlands Wellington in 2002.

Dickson returned to S-league to play for Home United after an unsuccessful season with Persitara Jakarta Utara. The final club he played was for Persidafon Dafonsoro.

After his retirement in 2012, he becomes a coaching staff at private league ESPZEN.

Although he was born in Nigeria, he received Singapore citizenship under the Foreign Sports Talent Scheme in 2004. Itimi was in the Singapore squad that won the Tiger Cup regional football championship in 2004.

mudhatter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Looks like PAP leadership was realistic, after all.

Ball-less, talentless, slit eyed, stinky chinks lack talent. Woody Goh recognized that in his speech.

Makes sense to import foreign talent to boost stinky sporting stock. Without them, these retards would be wage slaves all their lives. It's not like they aren't. They are.

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be SEA champ first then say:biggrin:

Bro Faith, this year SEA Games 2019 got chance for Young Lions U22 to win the first gold medal for soccer tournament. I saw them played very well in the Merlion Cup in June earlier this year at the Jalan Besar Stadium and they beat Thailand U22 1-0 with a solid tight defense :thumbsup:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The very concept of buying foreign talent is just a double confirmation that these guys were clueless and had no long term plan.
Breeding stars take a long time. Like the generals who get parachuted into parliament, they have in their DNA this thing called
INSTANT GRATIFICATION.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Faith, this year SEA Games 2019 got chance for Young Lions U22 to win the first gold medal for soccer tournament. I saw them played very well in the Merlion Cup in June earlier this year at the Jalan Besar Stadium and they beat Thailand U22 1-0 with a solid tight defense :thumbsup:
Different tournament different passion
Just like mickey mouse cup, blackpool, yeovil etc gungho against the big clubs.:biggrin:

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different tournament different passion
Just like mickey mouse cup, blackpool, yeovil etc gungho against the big clubs.:biggrin:

Not really la, tighter the defense mean better passion of winning a medal in SEA Games 2019 soccer tournament. This time Young Lions U22 has a good chance of entering semi-finals :sneaky: as the Merlion Cup is a preparation tournament for SEA Games 2019. If they had the passion and confident to win the mickey mouse cup then they stand a chance to win the gold medal :biggrin:

Last edited: