• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fare Increase in Disguise

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're really confused.

Without the PAP, there wouldn't have been billions to lose.

The fact is, you win some, you lose some. Obviously PAP won more than they lost since Singapore has reserves of US$196 billion in CASH and GOLD.

You need really polish up your skills if you are from the counter strike squad. This kind of arguement wont go down well, - it is ok to kill the person you have saved earlier. A-father-can-sell-his-daughter kind of theory. If this carry on, I have no doubt where your gang is heading.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You need really polish up your skills if you are from the counter strike squad. This kind of arguement wont go down well, - it is ok to kill the person you have saved earlier. A-father-can-sell-his-daughter kind of theory. If this carry on, I have no doubt where your gang is heading.

ACtually, I want to rebut him on this one... does he know how that $300billion reserves come about? I bet he would think PAP is so great that it can grow the reserves so well....

All proceeds from land sales go into the reserves direct. That's how it comes about. PAP acquire land cheap cheap from citizens, 80% of Singapore land... then sell them at high market prices. All proceeds go to the reserves. That's how the reserves can grow so fast.

Tang Liang Hong has touched on this issue before but it seems that people are still ignorant about it and still think that PAP is that almighty and great. Sigh.

Goh Meng Seng

U

UpYoz_olo

ACtually, I want to rebut him on this one... does he know how that $300billion reserves come about? I bet he would think PAP is so great that it can grow the reserves so well....

All proceeds from land sales go into the reserves direct. That's how it comes about. PAP acquire land cheap cheap from citizens, 80% of Singapore land... then sell them at high market prices. All proceeds go to the reserves. That's how the reserves can grow so fast.

Tang Liang Hong has touched on this issue before but it seems that people are still ignorant about it and still think that PAP is that almighty and great. Sigh.

Goh Meng Seng

Please rejoin the thread on why 1st HDB buyers should enjoy large resale profits.

Your silence on this matter is deafening!

:oIo:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
See our million dollars brain at work. Strip you bare and still make you feel you benefited. Anyway Sinkaporeans no teeth and spine. Next erection (no election in Singapore only MIW's erection) still MIW wins.

Just ignore the bitch CASS888. A old virgin who dream about getting fucked only to be disappointed again and again. Even LKY prefers his wife to her and LHL prefers HC to her. Cheap whore (BAN ME AGAIN LA I DON"T CARE)

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If you live in Tampines and work in City Hall, either change the place where you work at to save on your transport costs or change the place where you live at for the same effect, or alternatively get a whole new job and place to stay at.

Your common sense is as abundant as your political sense

So simple meh? Get a whole new job? Just for lower transport costs? Are u some kind of retard? If you work in city hall, u are not likely to be able to afford to live around there, unless u are some kind of minister of superscale civil servant. That is why u have to buy further out in the first place like in Tampines. The onus is not on you to reduce your transportation costs, it is on the Govt. That is what they are paid for, that is what every other govt. in the world tries to do except this one.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FUCK THE WICKED + INSATIABLY GREEDY FAMILEE TRAITORS!

BRING DOWN THESE CCBs IN THE CUMMING GE!

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you. Unfortunately, Mr Goh Meng Seng is resorting to the gutter politics of the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan DELIBERATELY selecting exceptions to show that the LTA is lying. The one who is lying is Goh Meng Seng this time round. And when you try to take Goh Meng Seng on, he harps on the 30%. Which part of "70% will pay lower fares does he not understand?"

Now I understand why Low Thia Khiang dropped him like hot coals!

Ok, here's my comparison

Case 1A: Direct Short Distance MRT: Choa Chu Kang MRT to Clementi MRT
Old Fare: $1.20
New Fare: $1.25

Case 1B: Direct Med Distance MRT: Choa Chu Kang MRT to Raffles Place MRT
Old Fare: $1.57
New Fare: $1.70

Case 1C: Direct Long Distance MRT: Choa Chu Kang MRT to Tampines MRT
Old Fare: $1.82
New Fare: $1.92

Comments: It seems that direct MRT trips prices all increase regardless of distance traveled.

Case 2A: Feeder Bus to MRT then Direct Short Distance MRT: Choa Chu Kang MRT to Clementi MRT
Old Fare: $0.69 (Bus) + $1.20 (MRT) - $0.50 (Transfer Rebate) = $1.39
New Fare: $0.71 (Bus) + $0.62 (MRT) = $1.33

Case 2B: Feeder Bus to MRT then Direct Med Distance MRT: Choa Chu Kang MRT to Raffles Place MRT
Old Fare: $0.69 (Bus) + $1.57 (MRT) - $0.50 (Transfer Rebate) = $1.76
New Fare: $0.71 (Bus) + $1.04 (MRT) = $1.75

Case 2C: Feeder Bus to MRT then Direct Long Distance MRT: Choa Chu Kang MRT to Tampines MRT
Old Fare: $0.69 (Bus) + $1.82 (MRT) - $0.50 (Transfer Rebate) = $2.01
New Fare: $0.71 (Bus) + $1.23 (MRT) = $1.94

Comments: It seems that a feeder bus trip plus a direct MRT trip has slightly lower pricing under the new fare policy.

Case 3: Feeder Bus to MRT then Direct MRT followed by another Feeder Bus: Choa Chu Kang MRT to Clementi MRT
Old Fare: $0.69 (Bus) + $1.20 (MRT) + $0.69 (Bus) - $1.00 (Transfer Rebate) = $1.58
New Fare: $0.71 (Bus) + $0.62 (MRT) + $0.16 (Bus) = $1.49

Case 4: Direct MRT followed by Trunk Bus (14 stages): Yishun MRT to Choa Chu Kang MRT
Old Fare: $1.41 (MRT) + $1.31 (Bus) - $0.50 (Transfer Rebate) = $2.22
New Fare: $1.49 (MRT) + $0.32 (Bus) = $1.81

Case 5: Direct MRT followed by Trunk Bus (33 stages): Yishun MRT to Choa Chu Kang MRT
Old Fare: $1.41 (MRT) + $1.60 (Bus) - $0.50 (Transfer Rebate) = $2.51
New Fare: $1.49 (MRT) + $0.45 (Bus) = $1.94

Comments: It seems there is significant discount when combining MRT with trunk bus services or multiple feeder bus services.

Case 6: Direct Trunk Bus (14 stages)
Old Fare: $1.31
New Fare: $1.33

Case 7: Direct Trunk Bus (33 stages)
Old Fare: $1.60
New Fare: $1.81

Case 8: Direct Feeder Bus
Old Fare: $0.69
New Fare: $0.71

Comments: It seems that direct bus trips prices all increase regardless of distance traveled and service type (feeder or trunk).

Conclusion:
(1) All direct trips (be it MRT, feeder or trunk) are more expensive.
(2) Direct MRT trips with one feeder bus is about the same price, maybe slightly lower.
(3) Direct MRT trips with one trunk bus has lower price.
(4) Direct MRT trips with multiple bus connections has lower price.

Note that this "study" is done using a few specific routes based on my own personal knowledge. It may not be representative for the routes other people take.

Sorry GMS, it seems on average the most people will pay less money under the new fare with the exception for people who have a direct route to work. Unless I have made any mistakes in my calculations? Please help to check guys! Also, I'm working on the assumption that most Singaporeans will take a bus + MRT to work which may or may not be true.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I predict you're going to be the next one to get into trouble for defamation, since you cannot substantiate your statements.

Mr Secretary General, please provide numbers. Stop making bare statements without basis. Give solid numbers to show how $300 billion came from land sales. I am quite curious how sales of HDB flats generate $300 billioon in reserves. Come 'on ... remember ... land acquisition prices have been marked to market for quite a few years now. Every time you are asked to substantiate something, you throw even more wild and bare statements.

Since you ignored the truth on MRT fares, someone gave you hard numbers. But you just sidestepped and addressed other posts more to your liking.

Now I know why you had to leave a credible opposition party even while you were a mighty CEC member. Sylvia and Thia Khiang were astute to drop you like hot coals. With the likes of you in charge, I am sure that Chiam must be very glad NSP is no longer part of the SDA.

And I am not a him.

RIP NSP.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear AndroAsc,

Thank you for your findings here. AS of now, I may not verify the figures here.

I do not think my point is weaken in any way. And I reiterate, I do not think 70% of people are benefiting. 70% may include those who are neutral.

Not all combination has been covered here. That is why I have asked PTC to provide us the matrix of fare comparisons for both MRT as well as main trunk services.

For example, if I need to take a MRT and then another bus to my work place, most likely I would prefer to take a trunk service directly to reach my work place instead. On the other hand, many people have given up on feeder service and chose to walk (within 10 min distance) or cycle to MRT stations instead.

Besides, we have not gone into the purely bus services comparison.

PTC did not put up the possible increases in fare for straight forward trips, either MRT or buses. It did not tell us that there is a possibility of more than 7% increase in fare!

We understand the complexity of the comparisons basically due to huge number of possible combination involved in a public transportation model. However, it is the transparency of the whole introduction of this new system that matters.

Goh Meng Seng

Ok, here's my comparison

Case 1A: Direct Short Distance MRT: Choa Chu Kang MRT to Clementi MRT
Old Fare: $1.20
New Fare: $1.25

Case 1B: Direct Med Distance MRT: Choa Chu Kang MRT to Raffles Place MRT
Old Fare: $1.57
New Fare: $1.70

Case 1C: Direct Long Distance MRT: Choa Chu Kang MRT to Tampines MRT
Old Fare: $1.82
New Fare: $1.92

Comments: It seems that direct MRT trips prices all increase regardless of distance traveled.

Case 2A: Feeder Bus to MRT then Direct Short Distance MRT: Choa Chu Kang MRT to Clementi MRT
Old Fare: $0.69 (Bus) + $1.20 (MRT) - $0.50 (Transfer Rebate) = $1.39
New Fare: $0.71 (Bus) + $0.62 (MRT) = $1.33

Case 2B: Feeder Bus to MRT then Direct Med Distance MRT: Choa Chu Kang MRT to Raffles Place MRT
Old Fare: $0.69 (Bus) + $1.57 (MRT) - $0.50 (Transfer Rebate) = $1.76
New Fare: $0.71 (Bus) + $1.04 (MRT) = $1.75

Case 2C: Feeder Bus to MRT then Direct Long Distance MRT: Choa Chu Kang MRT to Tampines MRT
Old Fare: $0.69 (Bus) + $1.82 (MRT) - $0.50 (Transfer Rebate) = $2.01
New Fare: $0.71 (Bus) + $1.23 (MRT) = $1.94

Comments: It seems that a feeder bus trip plus a direct MRT trip has slightly lower pricing under the new fare policy.

Case 3: Feeder Bus to MRT then Direct MRT followed by another Feeder Bus: Choa Chu Kang MRT to Clementi MRT
Old Fare: $0.69 (Bus) + $1.20 (MRT) + $0.69 (Bus) - $1.00 (Transfer Rebate) = $1.58
New Fare: $0.71 (Bus) + $0.62 (MRT) + $0.16 (Bus) = $1.49

Case 4: Direct MRT followed by Trunk Bus (14 stages): Yishun MRT to Choa Chu Kang MRT
Old Fare: $1.41 (MRT) + $1.31 (Bus) - $0.50 (Transfer Rebate) = $2.22
New Fare: $1.49 (MRT) + $0.32 (Bus) = $1.81

Case 5: Direct MRT followed by Trunk Bus (33 stages): Yishun MRT to Choa Chu Kang MRT
Old Fare: $1.41 (MRT) + $1.60 (Bus) - $0.50 (Transfer Rebate) = $2.51
New Fare: $1.49 (MRT) + $0.45 (Bus) = $1.94

Comments: It seems there is significant discount when combining MRT with trunk bus services or multiple feeder bus services.

Case 6: Direct Trunk Bus (14 stages)
Old Fare: $1.31
New Fare: $1.33

Case 7: Direct Trunk Bus (33 stages)
Old Fare: $1.60
New Fare: $1.81

Case 8: Direct Feeder Bus
Old Fare: $0.69
New Fare: $0.71

Comments: It seems that direct bus trips prices all increase regardless of distance traveled and service type (feeder or trunk).

Conclusion:
(1) All direct trips (be it MRT, feeder or trunk) are more expensive.
(2) Direct MRT trips with one feeder bus is about the same price, maybe slightly lower.
(3) Direct MRT trips with one trunk bus has lower price.
(4) Direct MRT trips with multiple bus connections has lower price.

Note that this "study" is done using a few specific routes based on my own personal knowledge. It may not be representative for the routes other people take.

Sorry GMS, it seems on average the most people will pay less money under the new fare with the exception for people who have a direct route to work. Unless I have made any mistakes in my calculations? Please help to check guys! Also, I'm working on the assumption that most Singaporeans will take a bus + MRT to work which may or may not be true.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I predict you're going to be the next one to get into trouble for defamation, since you cannot substantiate your statements.

Mr Secretary General, please provide numbers. Stop making bare statements without basis. Give solid numbers to show how $300 billion came from land sales. I am quite curious how sales of HDB flats generate $300 billioon in reserves. Come 'on ... remember ... land acquisition prices have been marked to market for quite a few years now. Every time you are asked to substantiate something, you throw even more wild and bare statements.

Since you ignored the truth on MRT fares, someone gave you hard numbers. But you just sidestepped and addressed other posts more to your liking.

Now I know why you had to leave a credible opposition party even while you were a mighty CEC member. Sylvia and Thia Khiang were astute to drop you like hot coals. With the likes of you in charge, I am sure that Chiam must be very glad NSP is no longer part of the SDA.

And I am not a him.

RIP NSP.

Dear Cass,

You don't even understand what I am saying. It is not about HDB, but rather, the land sales, which includes to HDB as well as commercial use.

There is no secret about this. The PAP government has admitted in parliament that proceeds from land sales do not go into the annual budget but straight into the reserves. It is just that people like you are ignorant of it because you do not follow parliamentary proceedings closely or didn't pay attention to it.

Goh Meng Seng

AndroAsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear AndroAsc,

Thank you for your findings here. AS of now, I may not verify the figures here.

I do not think my point is weaken in any way. And I reiterate, I do not think 70% of people are benefiting. 70% may include those who are neutral.

Not all combination has been covered here. That is why I have asked PTC to provide us the matrix of fare comparisons for both MRT as well as main trunk services.

For example, if I need to take a MRT and then another bus to my work place, most likely I would prefer to take a trunk service directly to reach my work place instead. On the other hand, many people have given up on feeder service and chose to walk (within 10 min distance) or cycle to MRT stations instead.

Besides, we have not gone into the purely bus services comparison.

PTC did not put up the possible increases in fare for straight forward trips, either MRT or buses. It did not tell us that there is a possibility of more than 7% increase in fare!

We understand the complexity of the comparisons basically due to huge number of possible combination involved in a public transportation model. However, it is the transparency of the whole introduction of this new system that matters.

Goh Meng Seng

I think a table of all possible iterations using variations starting and ending locations would be good. I'm sure SMRT has done their homework and detailed statistics and while I don't have proof, I'm sure those bloodsuckers will earn more money from the fares ultimately. Since when does SMRT or any GLC or Stat Board do stuff that benefits Singaporeans?! I do admit that perhaps this time it is really benefiting some customers but definitely not all customers. I won't be surprised if they quietly raise fares or add additional charges and fees some time later.

However, as of now it is quite difficult to argue unless you can prove that a substantial amount of people use direct bus or direct MRT to work. Personally, I live near MRT and I don't take feeder bus (because the service sucks) and I also do not like the new fares. :mad:

AndroAsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Cass,

You don't even understand what I am saying. It is not about HDB, but rather, the land sales, which includes to HDB as well as commercial use.

There is no secret about this. The PAP government has admitted in parliament that proceeds from land sales do not go into the annual budget but straight into the reserves. It is just that people like you are ignorant of it because you do not follow parliamentary proceedings closely or didn't pay attention to it.

Goh Meng Seng

I was under the impression that billions of dollars of Temasek and GIC came from the CPF savings of all Singaporeans? I'm sure the PAP make shitloads of money from land sales but I wasn't aware that it made that much money.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I was under the impression that billions of dollars of Temasek and GIC came from the CPF savings of all Singaporeans? I'm sure the PAP make shitloads of money from land sales but I wasn't aware that it made that much money.

The Land Acquisition Act in the past allow PAP government to acquire land at dirt cheap prices. They have acquired about 80% of Singapore's land. The other 20% of land belongs to mainly those filthy rich people.

Selling land acquired definitely make tons of money to them. No doubt about it. Imagine when they acquire land, they pay a few dollars for one square meters. When they sell.... it is in the hundreds and thousands.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

The Land Acquisition Act in the past allow PAP government to acquire land at dirt cheap prices. They have acquired about 80% of Singapore's land. The other 20% of land belongs to mainly those filthy rich people.

Selling land acquired definitely make tons of money to them. No doubt about it. Imagine when they acquire land, they pay a few dollars for one square meters. When they sell.... it is in the hundreds and thousands.

Goh Meng Seng

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkees used to be able to take one bus to their destinations most of the time. Then the PAP forced you to take feeder bus and then MRT. Having to change bus/ MRT is already a regression in services, fares notwithstanding.

Changing bus and MRT wastes time. But stupid Sinkees do not understand that time is money.

U

UpYoz_olo

Goh Meng Seng

What's your point Mr Goh?

You advocate high resale HDB flat profits for 1st time buyers and if govt cannot acquire land cheaply, how to generate the profits you wanted?

Also, if there is no buyers for the land, where's the profits???

The crux of the arguments is you are not happy that profits go to govt. You seem happy that profit go to people like you and your supporters, right???

I will be damn surprise if you can even keep your deposits in the coming election if you keep engaging people in this forum with your nonsense.

:oIo:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
ah seng, to really fight this gross profiteering, ALL MUST DEMAND THAT THE MONOPOLISED public transport company should not be PUBLIC LISTED COMPANY.

where is the anti-competition underdog when the nation needs them?

the profits leeported by SBS & SMRT are already a proof about their obscene profiteering. why does the gov allow such to happen?

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you live in Tampines and work in City Hall, either change the place where you work at to save on your transport costs or change the place where you live at for the same effect, or alternatively get a whole new job and place to stay at.

Your common sense is as abundant as your political sense

Wah lau, what a retard...

You fucking moron... rebutting you is a waste of time. graduate from school, get a job (and I hope you get a good paying job) then come here an tok cock okay? boy boy.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you. Unfortunately, Mr Goh Meng Seng is resorting to the gutter politics of the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan DELIBERATELY selecting exceptions to show that the LTA is lying. The one who is lying is Goh Meng Seng this time round. And when you try to take Goh Meng Seng on, he harps on the 30%. Which part of "70% will pay lower fares does he not understand?"

Now I understand why Low Thia Khiang dropped him like hot coals!

Only losers resort to name callings when they lose an argument. Grow up.