• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FAP Supporter: WP A Team is UNQUALIFIED!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wonder if he is just supporting the FAP for the sake of supporting them or there are really many such daft and ignorant voters. Either way, this is worrying for the country!

May 14, 2011

Baffled by strong opposition showing

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
I WAS taken aback by the results of this general election which saw the ruling People's Action Party (PAP) garner 60.1 per cent of the vote, the lowest since independence.
I am baffled by how the opposition managed to put up such a strong performance. Their members failed to strike me as credible candidates. I thought they proposed questionable alternative policies and stoked emotions in their rallies by blaming the many problems the country faces on the PAP government.
In contrast, the PAP candidates contesting in my constituency (Tampines GRC) produced plans for the next five years. I thought the PAP did its best to explain its performance while in power. I also appreciated the fact that it did a good job the last five years, most notably in leading the country out of the financial crisis. The PAP teams looked strong.
I am particularly upset that the constituents of Aljunied GRC were in favour of a team of relatively unqualified candidates against a PAP team that had served them well for more than two decades and had strong candidates.
Have Singaporeans chosen to listen and believe in the rhetoric of the opposition and failed to appreciate the excellent track record of the PAP in leading the country whatever its perceived flaws? I am less convinced that my fellow Singaporeans were rational when voting for the future of the country in this general election.
Soh Wei Jie

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another one.

May 14, 2011

Pro-opposition obsession

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
I CANNOT fathom the new pro-opposition obsession. The numerous hate messages directed at the People's Action Party and the manner in which many Singaporeans "converted" to the "other side" were slightly alarming for someone who has always believed that Singaporeans are loyal PAP supporters.
I am not entirely convinced that Workers' Party will do a much better job than the PAP. May the best man win is precisely what a general election is about. The PAP has done a fabulous job converting Singapore from a slum to a metropolitan city respected by many other countries and so, it has a right to win.
But we are human after all and are not always fully satisfied with all that we have. I know I wasn't, and so I found ways and means to leave, which led me to Britain.
It was only after talking to people I met there and elsewhere in Europe that I realised how lucky we really are that our government is not corrupt, it has not left us heavily in debt, and our Prime Minister does not invent laws to protect himself.
Singapore is not a perfect country, but trading economic and political stability, and safety - along with all the luxuries we have now - for a greater degree of freedom is a trade-off I am not willing to make.
We ought to take these five years as a trial period. After that, we will be able to compare the PAP's and Workers' Party's progress in their respective GRCs.
I would not be so hasty as to plump for a big change and give the opposition more GRCs, without playing it safe and being sure they will not totally foul up this remarkable country.
Gloria Wong (Ms)

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=heading>Latest comments</TD></TR><TR><TD id=messageDisplayRegion width="100%"><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Amazing! A QUITTER (nice name given by pap 2nd oldest candidate) telling sgns we should not ask for change!
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: TamaseHoleegans at Sat May 14 11:00:14 SGT 2011
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=AlternatePost cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>These PAP supporters are similar to the party itself. They should listen more to the average citizen to understand why 40% voted for the opposition. If they keep thinking that the PAP is great for all its track record etc, they will be in for a bigger surprise at the next GE.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: Baikinman at Sat May 14 10:42:44 SGT 2011
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>liangjwc1. Just an observation. PAP new strategy is to influence via Internet. If anything sounds like PAP advertising, skip. Not worth the time. Better to discuss with folks of similar mind. Thanks.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: ST_Reader7 at Sat May 14 10:41:36 SGT 2011
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=AlternatePost cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by verypretty

Why PAP got MAJORITY if Online support is not FAKE?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
If 50% of the majority are not online while 90% of the minority are online, what would you think? FAKE?
Use your brain for any discussion.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: liangjwc1 at Sat May 14 10:39:04 SGT 2011
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Ms. Wong,

I am tempted to correct many of the inaccuracies in your letter (Sg being a "slum" previously, PM "not inventing laws to protect himself", etc etc) but its too big a hassle. I'm going to let the internet and social media do that.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: Lone_Wolfx at Sat May 14 10:38:30 SGT 2011
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
These two are the new Tin Pei Lings.

They want to get invited to the PM's tea sessions exactly the same way TPL did - ie, 'gov. good, dunno why ppl ungrateful'

unfortunately door is firmly shut after TPL self destructed

henceforth, PAP should only make room for ppl like BG Tan and hope they don't morph into Vivians