• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Famous prawn mee stall looking to hire cook for $3.4K a month, 40% above market rate!!!!!

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
2ecq89f.png

https://tinyurI.com/y5n2uxcy

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
just realized its chiobu Li ruifang from whampoa noodles hiring sia.........pretty and have heart thumbs up!!!!!!

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
pbGBRfE.png

A baby-faced woman seen donning an apron and slaving away behind the hot stove to whip up bowl after bowl of prawn noodles is one refreshing anomaly in Singapore's sputtering hawker scene fraught by now all too familiar grievances - seasoned hands holding down the fort often fading away due to age while their sheltered, well educated progeny feel less inclined to take over in kitchens. Enter Li Ruifang, an attractive young mum in her 30s who decided to forgo her cushy corporate career five years ago in exchange for the opportunity to further her family's culinary legacy. Today she helms 545 Whampoa Prawn Noodles alongside her parents at Tekka Centre, dishing out a taste of the good ol' times thanks to an intergenerational recipe which originated from Ruifang's grandfather. (Note that her aunts operate a separate stall at Whampoa Market.)

............... On occasion our tummies yearn for uncomplicated heartiness, and this serving of prawn noodles gave us exactly that. Tender prawns, sambal infused noodles prickling the tongue (regretfully unwanted hints of alkalinity lingered) and fragrant lard pieces conspired to invoke memories of them school days long gone, when all it took for faces to beam with joy was slurping warm strands between mouthfuls of freshly peeled seafood and blanched meat. Sipping the dark colored broth astounded equally: intense sweetness washed over owing to a meticulously formulated stock derived from wild sea prawns and pork bones.

More at https://www.thefooddossier.com/2019/03/545-whampoa-prawn-noodles.html

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That looks like a nice looking prawn mee! Too bad she added what looks like nasty pork bits.

Pork and lard, adding them makes it more fun and tasty.

To avoid ambiguity, they should put up a 'Proudly not halal' sign. Maybe have a cartoon pig on the sign; you know how endearing cartoons are to kids. Gotta teach them young.

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
Stop complaining that S$4 prawn mee is expensive!

1557845542184.png

Rant of the day:

You know what irks me??

People who smoke, drink, who are willing to splurge on luxury cars, long holiday trips and yet complain that my $4 prawn noodles is expensive.

C’mon, we have to wake up early each day to prepare our prawn noodles which we serve ONLY with prawns and pork.

And to the social enterprise hawker centres who want us hawkers to sell cheap food, why should we think of the less fortunate? Isn't the government supposed to help them?

I have a family to feed.

I have to pay 5 employees monthly wages (including myself).

I’m not here to perform charity.

Don’t get me wrong, I still collect $3 from those cleaners. I still give out free noodles to the man in a wheelchair asking for a hot meal.

That being said, it’s obviously not feasible for us to simply sell our dishes at dirt cheap prices for long.

More at https://tinyurI.com/y69jhwyd

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If her prawn noodles are that good, why is she selling it at $4 a bowl instead of $15 a bowl? The long hours of prep work before opening for business justifies such a price tag.