• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Factional Fight over New PM

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Although I prefer Tharman, it looks like Lawrence Wong, is my second choice, given that age, or youth, and health are important considerations.
In addition, he has done his rotation amongst several Ministries.
Otherwise, Heng is also a good choice to be the PM for at least one GE.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My money is still on Brother Chun Sing. My backup is Lawrence Wong. HSK is a steady chap, but he is unhealthy and makes a risky bet.

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
My bet is on lhl to hog his seat for another 2GEs. Cue the saying that his experience and international standing is too previous to let go.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Same same no difference lah! It's still PAP so continue to pay and pay for the sake of prosperity Swiss standard of living. What 4G ? Go back to 2G lol. My vote for PM goes to the Harimau of Yishun. She can always change her seat since PAP likes to play musical chairs.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have met Ng Chee Meng on afew occasions, close up chats. Impressed by him. Kind of strikes me as another Goh Chok Tong character. Would like to see him given a chance.

Btw I dont buy into all this needing experience crap. Obama, Clinton, Blair, Cameron et. al had very little government experience beforehand.

It all depends on the individual character.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
how come shiny head unable to find some malays to certify him as chinese? did nt he also take up calligraphy like prata man? tat would hv scored some brownies.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Have met Ng Chee Meng on afew occasions, close up chats. Impressed by him. Kind of strikes me as another Goh Chok Tong character. Would like to see him given a chance.

Btw I dont buy into all this needing experience crap. Obama, Clinton, Blair, Cameron et. al had very little government experience beforehand.

Another paper general. Dumb sinkies are poor judge of ability and character. Easily impressed by talk cock sing song jokers.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

2018-01-06-20-21-18-png.37084

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
As the consensus is pretty much these individuals have no major differences on a personal level, my senses is Chan Chun Sing would be the better candidate for PM as far as running the government is concerned.

The reality is the interest group represented by LHL-HC will remain the most dominant influence in the levers of power even after succession, so a non-LHL first choice candidate succeeding would likely end up as a lame duck and make governing harder because we will end up with a PM being sandwiched between a SM and a younger 'shadow' PM.

Since these chaps are politically peas in a pod, might as well go for someone who will introduce less ambiguity into the power structure.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a seat warmer. Any one also can. If they want, can even ask TPL to be PM.

I am sure sinkies will have no objections.

Afterall, a preshitdent also can be elected this way, tell me what else cannot be done.
TPL is a great choice. She will be like Emperor Pu Yi. The last one.

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
As the consensus is pretty much these individuals have no major differences on a personal level, my senses is Chan Chun Sing would be the better candidate for PM as far as running the government is concerned.

The reality is the interest group represented by LHL-HC will remain the most dominant influence in the levers of power even after succession, so a non-LHL first choice candidate succeeding would likely end up as a lame duck and make governing harder because we will end up with a PM being sandwiched between a SM and a younger 'shadow' PM.

Since these chaps are politically peas in a pod, might as well go for someone who will introduce less ambiguity into the power structure.
A strong pm will be able to circumvent n overthrow HC...it's not hard...HC is not a member of parliament etc..she is subordinate to the gahmen. But if the pm is weak..than nights as well just name HC as PM

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
A strong pm will be able to circumvent n overthrow HC...it's not hard...HC is not a member of parliament etc..she is subordinate to the gahmen. But if the pm is weak..than nights as well just name HC as PM

In theory yes, but let's not kid ourselves that OYK or HKS is going to 'overthrow' HC. HC will never be PM for obvious reasons, so CCS remains the closest we will ever get. My point is of the candidates that have a realistic chance of getting the PM, CCS is less disruptive and introduces less ambiguity.

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
In theory yes, but let's not kid ourselves that OYK or HKS is going to 'overthrow' HC. HC will never be PM for obvious reasons, so CCS remains the closest we will ever get. My point is of the candidates that have a realistic chance of getting the PM, CCS is less disruptive and introduces less ambiguity.
He is also the least competent. All for 1 man n 1 familee insecurity the whole country is now help ransom to this incompetent..but the 70% voted for it. So if the country fails...it was the people that brought about it. Singkies need to learn the consequences of their votes

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ho ching will be the real power welder for the next 20 years. To be doubly sure, Pinky will appoint himself as the SM to watch over the Parliament.

70% voted for it

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ng Chee Meng has indicated his intention not to participate. Has pubic appeal - quiet worker, not a showboat, carries himself well.

Disagree on the experience comment where the Westminster model is concerned. A cabinet minister helming a key ministry showing his ability to handle tough policy issues. Why would anyone be considered to lead the country without being tried and tested in a key Ministry. Cameron spent years in policy and strategy role within the Tory party apparatus which is not part of the public service.

Agree on the American model. A pure leadership position - Ron Reagan is well regarded.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
An interesting viewpoint and valid. Look at Obama and the Republican majority going into his 2nd term. When it becomes tight, they will apply the CEC slate approach - cadres told who to vote. What is unclear is the role of the 16 - is it theirs and theirs alone. When GCT was chosen, it was done at Tony Tan's home and that generation of young leaders chose GCT amongst those who were prepared to be considered.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some important facts to consider. Within the party of 16, only 1 person has political status and control by a long mile compared to his colleagues and that is Chan. Chan Chun Sing was elected to the CEC, holds the power positions of Chairman PAP HQ Office and Party Organising Secretary. He is also the Deputy Chairman of People Association while LHL and current PM is Chairman. Ong YK is the second organising secretary but he did not have enough votes to get into the CEC and had to be co-opted.

Heng Swee Keat and the rest are not at all office holders in the Party Political apparatus except as ordinary member of the CEC.

It is quite inconceivable that the nature of political parties choses a leader that has little or no standing within the party apparatus. GCT was organising secretary, held position in PA, same with LHL. Everything points to Chan and Chan alone. Factional fight might be challenge on the choice by the current leadership and possibly to register concern on a fait accompli.

Indranee's comments to the press yesterday when questioned on the leadership succession is quite interesting. She actually stated there are important priorities than the choosing of a leader and that her colleagues are more focused on other issues of state. Sounds freudian but in all likelihood the entire exercise is a moot and a show for the public as Chan has been designated and or Heng has expressed his intention not to be considered.

my pick for ths core team: TCJ; Tharman, HSK, NCM. .

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Indranee's comments to the press yesterday when questioned on the leadership succession is quite interesting.

Come to think of, why not Induanee? She is exotic, of mixed parentage, good representation of our multicultural society here in Sinkiestan, most important of all- a good mother figure.

That's it! Me root for Induanee! Induanee! INDUANEE!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Come to think of, why not Induanee? She is exotic, of mixed parentage, good representation of our multicultural society here in Sinkiestan, most important of all- a good mother figure.

That's it! Me root for Induanee! Induanee! INDUANEE!

Yes I like her because she has huge titties.