• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Faces of 2012: Chan Chun Sing - Next PM?

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like that also considered a list of accomplishment that he is PM material????!! Almost every SAF overseas scholar I know have the same credentials except being given the privilege of riding on the coat tail and sailing into parliament.

Looks to me like his accomplishments are all GIVEN TO HIM and not earned.

Sad day for Singapore with Kee Chiu as PM.

Military career

1987: Began military career
1998 - 2000: Commanding Officer, 2nd Battalion, Singapore Infantry Regiment
2001 - 2003: Army Attaché, Jakarta
2003 - 2004: Commander, 10th Singapore Infantry Brigade
2005 - 2007: Head, Joint Plans & Transformation Department
2007 - 2009: Commander, 9th Division/Chief Infantry Officer
2009 - 2010: Chief of Staff, Joint Staff
March 2010: Appointed Chief of Army

Political career

2011 General Election: Elected Member of Parliament for Tanjong Pagar GRC, representing the Buona Vista division.
May 2011: Appointed as Acting Minister for the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports.

Major-General (NS) Chan is also the Minister of State for the Ministry of Information, Communications and the Arts.

Last edited:

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
There were so many scholars of his year, but only he knew how to toe the line enough to get promoted so fast (even faster than LHL) in the military. 40 yrs old and COA? As I said, even the North Koreans would laugh--including Kim Jong-un, who is not even a scholar.

No one (except probably LHL's son who will follow suit) can come close to LHL in military promotion. LHL started military career in 1971 and became Chief of Staff in 1982. He was and still is the youngest general when he is promoted in 1983 (12 years into service including his overseas studies). That's bloody 11 years and a full decade shorted than CSC.

RandomMonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have heard feedback from people who live in the Buona Vista division of Tanjong Pagar GRC. These people (3 of them) who do not know each other happened to attend his MPS before. They told me separately that he is most unhelpful, arrogant, and condescending. When one of them told him that it was not possible to survive with 3 young kids as a single parent with an income of $1,300 per month, CCS replied "$1,300 a month is quite OK what, just be more frugal lor". With that, he stood up and ended the conversation. No other advice or help was dispensed!

RandomMonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one (except probably LHL's son who will follow suit) can come close to LHL in military promotion. LHL started military career in 1971 and became Chief of Staff in 1982. He was and still is the youngest general when he is promoted in 1983 (12 years into service including his overseas studies). That's bloody 11 years and a full decade shorted than CSC.

I believe SPH was claiming at the time that LHL was the world's youngest general since Napoleon.

However his record has since been eclipsed by Kim Jong Un who is 3 ranks higher than LHL.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ah, here comes the distinction. Why did he leave as a BG while CS/Kee Chiu left as a MG?

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have heard feedback from people who live in the Buona Vista division of Tanjong Pagar GRC. These people (3 of them) who do not know each other happened to attend his MPS before. They told me separately that he is most unhelpful, arrogant, and condescending. When one of them told him that it was not possible to survive with 3 young kids as a single parent with an income of $1,300 per month, CCS replied "$1,300 a month is quite OK what, just be more frugal lor". With that, he stood up and ended the conversation. No other advice or help was dispensed!

I am not at all surprised by this. Every PAP MP give the same response. And the reason is simple. When MPs feedback to the Cabinet the common plight of the low income group, this is exactly the response from the Cabinet, which in turn is because that's how LKY will tell the rest of the Cabinet whenever this was brought up to him. All the neglect and ill treatment of the poor stemmed from LKY's mindset which is already very entrenched in the PAP's mind. That's why we shd not expect any real changes as long as LKY is still alive.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah, here comes the distinction. Why did he leave as a BG while CS/Kee Chiu left as a MG?

Well this CCS chap wont be a good MP or PM etc, he was parachuted in and the people have enough of the parachuted PAP MP crap, the oligarchs will want him to be PM to maintain control by the Lee Family,,,just like GCT was a seat warmer....I hope the people will and the 60% will no longer fall prey to the PAP crap....

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chances are that the trio had voted for the PAPpies. No self-respecting anti-PAP opposition voter would attend a MPS held by PAPpies. Sheep deserve no less than condescension. Serve these 3 jokers right for voting the PAPpies into office. Turkeys voting for Xmas comes to mind. :rolleyes:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ST_IMAGES_SATFACES31-VEYe.jpg

who is his hairstylist?

i want him to be our next prime minister!!!!!!!!!!!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
come on...its only 2012...8 years away and potentially 2 erections away.

so simple, just vote him out in 2016 and LHL will have to find another seat warmer...LOL

jw5

Loyal
come on...its only 2012...8 years away and potentially 2 erections away.

so simple, just vote him out in 2016 and LHL will have to find another seat warmer...LOL

The side benefit is that u can also vote the 90+ yo ah pek out together.......................:biggrin:

ahkow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chan Chun SIng condemn the entire online community as a "lunatic fringe"! Show a lot about his character of intolerance!

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
all who agree that Tan Chuan Jin is a far better candidate for PM than Chan Chun Sing.... kee chiew!!! come come! kee chiew!