• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

facebook now but facebonked later

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/te...ocial-media-past/story-fnjwnord-1226810083623

Imogen Payter, 20, Sydney: Posted a party event on Facebook which resulted in 700 people turning up and a massive brawl that spread on to the Pacific Highway and shut it down. "It's definitely caused a lot of arguments with my parents, lost me a lot of good friends in some cases and the party with the police - although it made me quite cool at the time - that really did get a lot of people hurt and a lot of people in trouble."

Mitchell Roser, 19, Brisbane: Having struggled with mental health issues for four years, he posted online that he was planning suicide. "The content had both good and bad consequences on my life. The good is that I was able to get some help with the mental health conditions, but the bad is that I lost a lot of friends as well as stressing a lot of people out and having to go to hospital for a week because of it."

Linh Huynh, 21, Perth: Posted details of some personal issues on a blog. The blog was discovered by some bullies at a new school. "It had a huge impact as I was in year 11 and 12 in a new school and I didn't yet know anyone. I wanted a new start, but these people thought otherwise. They spread rumours about me and made my final years of high school very difficult. I had very few friends and felt lonely and alienated for the rest of my time there."

Kristal Brown, 18, Adelaide: Made many social media posts in early high school just to be cool or to fit in. "It made me realise that it is not a necessary thing to do and people can get very hurt over it. But in saying that, I was a young teenager just not thinking about my actions and did already know of the possible consequences."

Last edited: