• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

eylang hooligans, prostitutes, gangsters and crooks

nomorelisa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hooligans, prostitutes, gangsters and crooks

"Guest workers of Chinese origin, but also significant numbers of South Asian origin, converge on Geylang, and not just on the weekends - to eat, to meet, to drink and to shop.

"It is also a traditional red-light area which is an attraction in itself, with an attendant set of challenges not found in Little India.

"Geylang is a hot spot for illegal gambling, street cons, pirate cigarette peddling and drug dealing.

"Geylang's nightclubs, beer houses and eating places attract also large numbers of locals...

"Budget hotels advertising hourly rates dot the streetscape of Geylang, which is not the case in Little India.

"And it is common knowledge that the gangsters and the crooks like to congregate in Geylang.

"So all in all, Geylang presents an ecosystem which is complex, which is tinged with a certain criminal undertone, and this is quite in contrast with Little India.

"Unlike Little India, all the indications of potential trouble are there in Geylang. Crime numbers are high and disproportionately so and crimes of particular concern like robbery, rioting, affray remain persistent and always threaten to run away.

"Perhaps most worryingly about Geylang is that there is an overt hostility and antagonism towards the police. You may be alarmed to learn that police officers now and then have been obstructed by hooligan crowds from going about their work in Geylang."

- Police Commissioner Ng Joo Hee, giving evidence last Tuesday to the Committee of Inquiry into the Little India riot.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/people-geylang-speak-undercurrent-fear-20140330

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tiz coi on li'l india ... not geyland ...

tis burgerz trying 2 shift focus ... stick 2 li'l india n xpose ur incompetencies, idiot! ...

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Almost all in Geylang are Tan Jia Ka (Earn living ones). You think they so stupid to break their rice bowls? Occasion small fights sure have one but usually is zha bor dai jee after drinking.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Little wonder. It seems then that the police's presence is an obstruction to free spirited human and economic activity. Services and goods are willingly provided for those willing to pay for them, as far as I see, there's nothing wrong with that.

Cheers!

"Perhaps most worryingly about Geylang is that there is an overt hostility and antagonism towards the police.......

csi88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just ask the CP to drive down geylang road,junction Aljunied where the Uob Bank is. Why are there so many china peddlars setting booth there and selling all kind of medicine? are they waiting for someone to die after eating this medicine than they take action? In the first place,they should not be there at all.
i\

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Almost all in Geylang are Tan Jia Ka (Earn living ones). You think they so stupid to break their rice bowls? Occasion small fights sure have one but usually is zha bor dai jee after drinking.

An idiot is saying Geylang more jialak, potentially, as an excuse for the LI riot. How he had to deploy precious resources there. He climbed the wrong tree. Stupid Commissioner.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: The New Paper

Geylang vice on the rise?

31160080%20-%2028_03_2014%20-%20zogeylang29.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0vyxlMZfOVY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Step into some parts of Geylang and you might think that you have just stepped into the set of a gangster movie. Many of its lorongs are a hotbed of vice and crime.

Streetwalkers openly parade in tight clothes despite the presence of surveillance cameras. Nearby, motorcyclists flash their bike lights, a signal that they are interested in buying contraband cigarettes.

Other vices that are part of the landscape of Geylang: Sale of illegal drugs such as codeine and sex pills, and gambling dens.

But in recent years, the prostitutes and their pimps have become more brazen.

Foreign workers are now acting as lookouts, runners and promoters of the women.

And they are willing to resort to violence to escape arrest.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
An idiot is saying Geylang more jialak, potentially, as an excuse for the LI riot. How he had to deploy precious resources there. He climbed the wrong tree. Stupid Commissioner.

Looks like Al Jazeera needs to do another feature story and sexpose stinkapore on the world stage then the cb govt will try to do anything....then again if you ask me, as long as these activities are controlled and no violence or innocent people involved, wtf should there be any issue.....just make sure nothing gets out of hand like open public gang warfare on the streets or slashing of people in coffeeshops, everything should be fine......

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like Al Jazeera needs to do another feature story and sexpose stinkapore on the world stage then the cb govt will try to do anything....then again if you ask me, as long as these activities are controlled and no violence or innocent people involved, wtf should there be any issue.....just make sure nothing gets out of hand like open public gang warfare on the streets or slashing of people in coffeeshops, everything should be fine......

Geylang can be controlled. Not LI. Sure, you have fights and riots in Geylang. Same in LI. But for a major riot involving burning and overturning of cars, highly unlikely to take place in Geylang. Excuses, excuses and more excuses from lumber 1 mata

jw5

Loyal
Geylang is by far the most interesting place in Singapore.

When friends or colleagues from overseas visit, it's the first place I take them. :wink:

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Years ago, Geylang was a discreet place. Chicken found only in permitted f-shops. Customers walked in and out quietly. Today, FTsh Barbie dolls line the streets, just like hookers' streets in 3rd world countries. Geylang is now a criminal cess pit. Why SPF is not cracking down on Barbie dolls in Geylang? As the bosses in Geylang said: "SPF take away one today, tomorrow I bring in 10." The incompetence of ICA and SPF are obvious.

As for the FTsh criminals, their motto is - "This is my turf. Catch me if you dare." So, as the SPF ignores Geylang, the rot continues to spread.

Geylang is now Chinatown for the young and middle aged uncles looking for good time, drugs, etc while Eu Tong Street Chinatown is for the old and elderly uncles to find chicken. Welcome to SG, a first world country with third world rubbish dump in Geylang.

jw5

Loyal
Geylang is a fantastic place for sight-seeing. :wink:

And bytheway, you're still clueless.

LOL ..................... LOL

Years ago, Geylang was a discreet place. Chicken found only in permitted f-shops. Customers walked in and out quietly. Today, FTsh Barbie dolls line the streets, just like hookers' streets in 3rd world countries. Geylang is now a criminal cess pit. Why SPF is not cracking down on Barbie dolls in Geylang? As the bosses in Geylang said: "SPF take away one today, tomorrow I bring in 10." The incompetence of ICA and SPF are obvious.

As for the FTsh criminals, their motto is - "This is my turf. Catch me if you dare." So, as the SPF ignores Geylang, the rot continues to spread.

Geylang is now Chinatown for the young and middle aged uncles looking for good time, drugs, etc while Eu Tong Street Chinatown is for the old and elderly uncles to find chicken. Welcome to SG, a first world country with third world rubbish dump in Geylang.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Geylang is a fantastic place for sight-seeing. :wink:

And bytheway, you're still clueless.

LOL ..................... LOL

Well, it is indeed a place to show visitors around until trouble looks for you or the hoodlums make your visit unpleasant. More SPF foot patrols in Geylang are needed but where are they?

jw5

Loyal
They are in Little India. :wink:

LOL ............... LOL

Well, it is indeed a place to show visitors around until trouble looks for you or the hoodlums make your visit unpleasant. More SPF foot patrols in Geylang are needed but where are they?

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I heard that quite some indian criminal gangs have infiltrated Little India for a while and the police is having trouble penetrating those groups. They also bring in their own prostitutes.

Can Golden Dragon confirm this?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I heard that quite some indian criminal gangs have infiltrated Little India for a while and the police is having trouble penetrating those groups. They also bring in their own prostitutes.

Can Golden Dragon confirm this?

In the mid 90s they were here already. That was what a police intel chap told me. They were involved in bringing in foreign labour.Good money then.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a lovely place really....one of the few singo exoeriences that doesnt feel manufactured....life in free flow....beautiful.