• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exposed: Uber Singapore – Foreigners are mostly managers whereas locals work as drive

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Exposed: Uber Singapore – Foreigners are mostly managers whereas locals work as drivers[/h]
Dear Gilbert,
I want to report on a case of preferential hiring in a company named Uber Singapore.

Upon closer scrutiny of their Singapore operations, mainly email and twitter-based, I learnt that their office in Singapore is mainly run by Indians and whites.

From what I know of the startup, it developed a smartphone app to connect people to limo service and has offices all around the world.

What I fail to understand is how the foreigners working for Singapore office are fully qualified to work here and act as if they know the needs of the local consumers?

They say they hire locals but the locals are mainly drivers and I dont think there are any locals in managerial position and above!

The company’s name is Uber.

Singapore Uber’s twitter: https://twitter.com/Uber_SING – from the twitter you can see there is obviously an Indian manager Aysha in charge of social media like twitter!

And from the photos, you can see the Uber’s staff are mostly foreigners!

The manager in charge of the drivers here is also an Indian! His name is Vidit Agrawal.

I hope you can expose this company. Please keep this email anonymous.

Cheers,
Jim

BUs4mFkCMAARua0.jpg:large

</EM> Uber Singapore ‏<S>@</S>Uber_SING <SMALL class=time>21 Sep </SMALL>
This ones for Aditya our Birthday Boy who loves some good thumpin Hindi music! <S>#</S>UBERPRIX We're partying hard tonight! pic.twitter.com/ZEQGWVUlWZ

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Exposed: Uber Singapore – Foreigners are mostly managers whereas locals work as d

d853cfc6ae7d4c3d2e9121aaa2724619
<CITE class=fn>e</CITE> says:
December 6, 2013 at 7:38 am
did uber fraud any LTA rules? is it operating like some kind of taxis company, but going round the law? Can I buy 5 cars, set up an online company using some smartphone app and offer transport at better rates than registered taxi?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Exposed: Uber Singapore – Foreigners are mostly managers whereas locals work as d

[h=2]Jobless married 42-year-old engineer looking for work abroad and against foreign influx[/h]
Dear Gilbert

I write to thank Transitioning.org for being an avenue and channel for the local unemployed to voice out their grievances.

I am a 42-year-old engineer by profession graduating from oversea university and work in the oil and gas industries for 14 years in procurement.

The climate in my industries for the oil and gas is getting worst as more and more foreigners are competing for jobs in my area and in the end sadly I can’t find any job that I can use my talent and skills to value add in Singapore.

As such, after 2005, I was retrenched in Singapore I have to move out to search for greener pasture but now that I have a new-born I have no choice but to find a local job.

I have been to one particular interview whereby a Indian national manager interviewed me and it was awful I must say – the minute I replied to his question that I am a Singaporean, he slows and stop his interview and say he has other interviewees to interview - immediately the next day my agency told me I was not selected.

I have no doubt about my work experience and capabilities but why Singapore is letting in so many foreigners to take away our jobs? Every country will protect their citizens first but my country don’t seem to behave that way – it is very sad honestly.

Now I hope to find a job overseas as there isn’t anything ironically for me in my own country.

I hope sincerely Singapore will be a better place for me and my family.

There must be change as I can see that I am one of the many victims here who find it hard to survive in my own country…

Thanks for hearing. God Bless.

Vincent

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bros, we must all do something to reverse the situation. I have known of friends holding masters degrees but driving taxis!

Why are PMETs being locals not able to cope with life here? Who is allowing the situation to deteriorate? U know, I know.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

This is an excellent example of why it is important to keep Singapore's borders open to foreign talent.

If it were not for the enterprising nature of those who set up this company and started this service, all the local drivers wouldn't have jobs.

Thank God for Foreign Talent.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bros, we must all do something to reverse the situation. I have known of friends holding masters degrees but driving taxis!

Why are PMETs being locals not able to cope with life here? Who is allowing the situation to deteriorate? U know, I know.

I find it quite strange that every case of PMETs being laidoff, their next job will be drivers, especially taxi drivers. I have known at least 8 acquaintance in this situation. But on the road I didn't see the increased in taxis. What does it mean ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I find it quite strange that every case of PMETs being laidoff, their next job will be drivers, especially taxi drivers. I have known at least 8 acquaintance in this situation. But on the road I didn't see the increased in taxis. What does it mean ?

You do know they can be relief drivers, don't you?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hmm...so from 1 to 2, 2 to 3 drivers per taxi, sinkies are getting lazy :smile:

Not really, some of them have side jobs and the weekly schedule is agreed upon by the relief driver(s) and the taxi hirer. Some of them can't take the glare of lights when driving at night. Others do alternate weekends.

I guess you're too privileged to not know any taxi drivers in real life. :rolleyes:

ilovesinkapore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Unilever at Mapletree City is another of such company hiring foreignors. Boycott Lux. BOYCOTT LIPTON. BOYCOTT DOVE AND SUNSILK. BOYCOTT WALLS. BOYCOTT BEN & JERRY ICECREAM.

MrCucumber

Alfrescian
Loyal

Unilever at Mapletree City is another of such company hiring foreignors. Boycott Lux. BOYCOTT LIPTON. BOYCOTT DOVE AND SUNSILK. BOYCOTT WALLS. BOYCOTT BEN & JERRY ICECREAM.

Did you boycott POSB also?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1 of my sinkie friend just quite from Unilever recently. She said too many fts, but the fts there are all high class type - non msian, nehs, pinoys, Burmese.

ilovesinkapore

Alfrescian
Loyal

1 of my sinkie friend just quite from Unilever recently. She said too many fts, but the fts there are all high class type - non msian, nehs, pinoys, Burmese.

The Unilever HR fuckers are all foreignors. Do you think they will hire locals...fuck Unilever.

ilovesinkapore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Unilever is a criminal acting against singaporeans.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Damn it ! We citizens are bullied in our own country !:mad:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

it mean for every 5 new taxi drivers that joins...the previous 5 had pass on because of various illness like high blood

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I guarantee you when shit hits the fan, even the foreign trash will fight with Sinkies for jobs as taxi drivers.

Labyrinth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Jim, who did you vote for?

ilovesinkapore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Damn it ! We citizens are bullied in our own country !:mad:

Yes..Go ask Sinkies who work for Unilever at Mapletree City...they are bullied by the Pinoys and Indians.
These FT fuckers deserve to be spitted on. PTUI :oIo: