• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exotic Pets

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
most of the exotic pets breeder in singapore are home breeder . you dont need to have a big space for reptiles breeding . if you want eggs of course you must invest on a pair of adults ...

I mean where do i even start? Can i just buy the eggs from someone and then breed myself?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro ,guess you watch too much movies ...AVA are a group of usless ppl ..they will not suka suka raid your house if nobody complaint . even if they come to your house ...you will still have lots of time hiding your pet ...been there done that .

They never surprise check on you meh?

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Turtles would be good. Those star shaped shell turtles that are high in demand.

Not a good idea. Even if somehow you get the tortoise eggs, you need to hatch and must have ideal conditions for them to hatch. To have such may require spending more money than buying a pair of breeding tortoises.

They are not like chicken eggs you know?

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not a good idea. Even if somehow you get the tortoise eggs, you need to hatch and must have ideal conditions for them to hatch. To have such may require spending more money than buying a pair of breeding tortoises.

They are not like chicken eggs you know?

True but i'm breeding them to sell away. Hopefully their status as exotic animals will fetch a high price to cover the costs.

I don't really know anything at all of course so i need some step by step help. How am i going to obtain their eggs or even obtain these turtles for them to hatch these eggs locally?

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True but i'm breeding them to sell away. Hopefully their status as exotic animals will fetch a high price to cover the costs.

I don't really know anything at all of course so i need some step by step help. How am i going to obtain their eggs or even obtain these turtles for them to hatch these eggs locally?

Drifter will be able to help you get tortoises. Eggs I am sure no one sell in market or export them, so best to forget it.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro drifter, you mean all these animals is from your own collection??? Cannot be right? I think you can go and fight with Singapore Zoo liao...

How much do you spend on food and maintenance on all these creatures? Also, don't you need to be a vet expert to handle such a large variety and quantity of animals.

P.S. Your blue moniter lizard is amazing, looks really impressive!

bro...all those pic you saw ..are from my own collections ...i have even more ..but too lazy to post ..zoo ? zoo is nothing compare to my collection if they want to talk about reptiles ....alot of those rare reptiles even zoo dont have that ...

food is cheap ..they feed on Crickets ( i breed my own ) meal worms ( i also breed my own ) mice ( i breed my own ) ...vegetable ( very cheap ) .

bro..blue tree monitor lizard is a new found species around the year 2000 . my men have a hard time finding it after we heard about rumous that they exists ...as i mention before , alot of breeder like us are racing with the time and other breeder to find or produce rare reptiles ..so that ppl would want to pay any amount for it .....

ps: the only expensive things to maintain them is the electric bills ( when comes to winter , have to on 24 hour heater ) . as i said before , singapore is a good place to keep and breed reptiles due to the hot weather year round ..

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Drifter will be able to help you get tortoises. Eggs I am sure no one sell in market or export them, so best to forget it.

oh yes...you cant suka suka move any egg around ....even you can find the eggs ..it wont be fertiles ( cause too much movement ..:wink:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Real one or not? Do pull my leg leh. Really need to know if cats dream in their sleep.

I believe so, used to see cats laughing in their sleep :smile: must be dreaming

images

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I mean where do i even start? Can i just buy the eggs from someone and then breed myself?

bro, breeding is not as easy as you think ..its not like buying chicken eggs from the market and waiting for the chicks to come out ....an fertiles egg you cannot move them around suka suka .

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro, breeding is not as easy as you think ..its not like buying chicken eggs from the market and waiting for the chicks to come out ....an fertiles egg you cannot move them around suka suka .

Even transporting the eggs require special containers that has to provide the right temperature otherwise the eggs will be destroyed. Then it must be carefully handled without being shaken about as the eggs are very fragile. I have been telling him the best method is breed them himself and it is a long hard road and not a get rich quick scheme.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Even transporting the eggs require special containers that has to provide the right temperature otherwise the eggs will be destroyed. Then it must be carefully handled without being shaken about as the eggs are very fragile. I have been telling him the best method is breed them himself and it is a long hard road and not a get rich quick scheme.

thats right ...you do know quite alot about breeding :wink: guess you are a back yard breeder in singapore ? :wink: bro sometimes it takes me 3 years just to dilute the colour gentics of those reptiles ....and comeout with my own colour morph . its hard work but end of the day... its rewarding .

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thats right ...you do know quite alot about breeding :wink: guess you are a back yard breeder in singapore ? :wink: bro sometimes it takes me 3 years just to dilute the colour gentics of those reptiles ....and comeout with my own colour morph . its hard work but end of the day... its rewarding .

I have always been an animal lover since young and that has rubbed onto my siblings and kids. I was the only one that kept birds, fish, dogs and cats in my youth. Due to my NS commitments and later women, the whole family got involved. My siblings now are very much into dogs and fishes.

I do have rudimentary knowledge of animals as I read up and watch videos, but I am more into fish keeping. Still waiting for your response to my PM.:biggrin:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have always been an animal lover since young and that has rubbed onto my siblings and kids. I was the only one that kept birds, fish, dogs and cats in my youth. Due to my NS commitments and later women, the whole family got involved. My siblings now are very much into dogs and fishes.

I do have rudimentary knowledge of animals as I read up and watch videos, but I am more into fish keeping. Still waiting for your response to my PM.:biggrin:

please check your PM .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nothing wrong with that. So many Singaporeans queue to buy 4D and Toto all the time. Any extra income is more than welcome.:biggrin::biggrin:

he carry stupidlity genes and not neantherthal genes. :wink: ...breeding goes wrong with his parents :wink:

Last edited:

papfuckoff

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro...all those pic you saw ..are from my own collections ...i have even more ..but too lazy to post ..zoo ? zoo is nothing compare to my collection if they want to talk about reptiles ....alot of those rare reptiles even zoo dont have that ...

food is cheap ..they feed on Crickets ( i breed my own ) meal worms ( i also breed my own ) mice ( i breed my own ) ...vegetable ( very cheap ) .

bro..blue tree monitor lizard is a new found species around the year 2000 . my men have a hard time finding it after we heard about rumous that they exists ...as i mention before , alot of breeder like us are racing with the time and other breeder to find or produce rare reptiles ..so that ppl would want to pay any amount for it .....

ps: the only expensive things to maintain them is the electric bills ( when comes to winter , have to on 24 hour heater ) . as i said before , singapore is a good place to keep and breed reptiles due to the hot weather year round ..

Your collection is impressive!

I used to have a reti python. Caught from the wild at about a meter long and kept it with me until 4 m before I let it go. Was very tame with me and my little son.

That new morph reti python of yours is an eye opener.

May they all keep paying your bills and fatten your bank account.

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal

So in a way with your expertise and experience, you are also preserving species which may be wiped in time to come due to logging, urbanization, etc. Those that are deemed extinct may well be found in private zoos and collections. But the authorities seem to frown on trading of exotic animals. For example there was a global search which finally tracked down Malaysian wildlife trader Anson Wong (this was in the Dec 2009 National Geographic). Best to keep a low profile bro.