• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

joegoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Good service as you can request for an email copy of receipt upon deposit at the Malaysia side (whether own account or developer's account).
Same here I always send by Internet transfer without need to go down. And they will email me a receipt very convenient.

Last edited:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

Sorry for some noob questions:

1. I read online and confirmed with the banks that the max deposit limit for foreigners is only RM10k. But I get mixed responses. Some told me if TT, there is no limit. Some say the RM10k also applies to TT. So is there a limit when you TT to your own Malaysian bank account as a non-Malaysian?

2. If there is indeed a limit, how do you all transfer huge amounts like a few hundred thousand RM at one go? If we do it bit by bit, it'll take forever!

Thanks for sharing....

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Try UOB CITY SQUARE branch.
Look for Terrence at Wealth Management.

Open checking ac with cash Rm10,000.
Also apply for ATM card. (Good for small withdrawal and cash deposit)

Bring a Singapore bank cheque.
Issue your "big amount".

Give Terrence instruction.
When cheque cleared to call you to fixed the rate.

Rate will not be as good as those money changers.
But I save time which to me is also money.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK thanks. I know they limit the amount for safety reasons. But I'm glad there are exceptions. Looks like this is the best way so far? Cos I've wondered lately how large sums are transferred by Singapore investors to pay for their properties if the banks limit only RM10k per day!

Another point to bring up is that you must have reason to open current account. Since this is a property forum I suppose most should have no issue here. But the last time I walked in to apply for a checking account, the bank officer looked at me weirdly and asked why I need chequebook for, do I have loan there, I need to bring someone who already has account, etc. Real shocker to me. Didn't know the process is so anal over there.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK thanks. I know they limit the amount for safety reasons. But I'm glad there are exceptions. Looks like this is the best way so far? Cos I've wondered lately how large sums are transferred by Singapore investors to pay for their properties if the banks limit only RM10k per day!

Another point to bring up is that you must have reason to open current account. Since this is a property forum I suppose most should have no issue here. But the last time I walked in to apply for a checking account, the bank officer looked at me weirdly and asked why I need chequebook for, do I have loan there, I need to bring someone who already has account, etc. Real shocker to me. Didn't know the process is so anal over there.

like wat i told u in pm , u can remit one big sum to developer one time and will settle liao .