• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have just called up Citibank sg and confirmed Buying TT rate = Cash withdrawal rate = Fund Transfer rate. Indicative rate is 2.581 as at 11.30am today. Free fund transfer(I.e. Global Transfer) from Citibank sg to Citibank Msia account holder. Can anyone pls advise on the actual exchange rate for Citibank today? Saw from cari forum that someone has withdrawn from Citibank Msia with the exchange rate of 2.563 on 10 Aug.

So the rate of 2.56 only for TT, ie. Citibank SG to Citibank MY. My fren tried the cash withdrawal from Citibank ATM Msia, the rate isn't so great compared with UOB

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Song bird is chirping.. think worth the efforts to open cimb acct :biggrin:

Opened both side accts in 2 days. start engine...:biggrin: tweet tweet...

oh..ya, the malay lady beri pretty, courteous. cimb branch @JB central. :biggrin:

Last edited:

macbookair

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal
So it is completely free to use Sing ATM card to withdraw cash in Malaysia?

Hi Bro Frodo,

I've replied another forumner with regards to using UOB atm cash withdrawal in msia. Do scroll up this page. :smile:

Last edited:

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am very much attracted by the good rate offered by Citibank as mentioned in this thread.

I just called up Citibank SG to double check if there is charges incurred for fund transfer (Citi SG to Citi MY), the cust svc officer say there is a fee to pay for funds transfer from Citibank SG to Citibank MY. And the weird thing is they are unable to advise me on the charges for fund transfer and the current exchange rate.

Can anyone confirm if indeed there is a fee to pay for funds transfer or is it free as indicated in this thread. :confused:

IRONMAN123

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am very much attracted by the good rate offered by Citibank as mentioned in this thread.

I just called up Citibank SG to double check if there is charges incurred for fund transfer (Citi SG to Citi MY), the cust svc officer say there is a fee to pay for funds transfer from Citibank SG to Citibank MY. And the weird thing is they are unable to advise me on the charges for fund transfer and the current exchange rate.

Can anyone confirm if indeed there is a fee to pay for funds transfer or is it free as indicated in this thread. :confused:

Free. http://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/otherservices/overseas_usage.htm

ATM/Debit Card Overseas Usage Activation
1) Free overseas cash withdrawals across 42 countries
(For withdrawals from a Checking and Savings Account only)
With our extensive 20,000 ATM network across 42 countries, you enjoy FREE overseas cash withdrawals3 at Citibank ATMs. No more worries about bringing too much cash while travelling and running the risk of losing it. To locate our ATMs worldwide, visit www.citibank.com.sg.

2) Citibank World Privileges
(For Citibank Credit and Debit Cards only)
Experience preferential treatment and great discounts at more than 25,000 establishments worldwide, ranging from shopping to entertainment and dining.

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal
Free. http://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/otherservices/overseas_usage.htm

ATM/Debit Card Overseas Usage Activation
1) Free overseas cash withdrawals across 42 countries
(For withdrawals from a Checking and Savings Account only)
With our extensive 20,000 ATM network across 42 countries, you enjoy FREE overseas cash withdrawals3 at Citibank ATMs. No more worries about bringing too much cash while travelling and running the risk of losing it. To locate our ATMs worldwide, visit www.citibank.com.sg.

2) Citibank World Privileges
(For Citibank Credit and Debit Cards only)
Experience preferential treatment and great discounts at more than 25,000 establishments worldwide, ranging from shopping to entertainment and dining.

Thank you Bro IRONMAN123. :smile:

So there is no charges for cash withdrawals.

But earlier, I was referring to funds transfer (transfer $ from Citi SG acct to Citi Msia acct), is there any charges.

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi. During the opening of my Sg CIMB account today, this is what the banker explained.

For amounts of transfer at S$20k or less, Internet transfer is "charged" at 300 pips spread.

For higher amounts, it may be more worthwhile to TT funds over, as the spread is at 100 pips. However, there is a 0.125% service charge (max S$100) plus a service fee of S$30.

Is this what all who have transferred from Sg CIMB to My CIMB experienced?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak! I served by Malay aunty but quite friendly. Pelangi branch.

take a bit longer to complete e application... titter.gif

teanotcoffee09

Alfrescian
Loyal
Citibank TT Bank buy 2.5404366

I have just called up Citibank sg and confirmed Buying TT rate = Cash withdrawal rate = Fund Transfer rate. Indicative rate is 2.581 as at 11.30am today. Free fund transfer(I.e. Global Transfer) from Citibank sg to Citibank Msia account holder. Can anyone pls advise on the actual exchange rate for Citibank today? Saw from cari forum that someone has withdrawn from Citibank Msia with the exchange rate of 2.563 on 10 Aug.

Gladywin

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just did an online fund transfer from my CIMB Singapore to CIMB Malaysia account at 4.30pm this afternoon (13/08/2013). The exchange rate is 2.5472. Just to share.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Citibank TT Bank buy 2.5404366

Thanks for sharing. Wow 2.581 and free transfer, is it for premium account only or for all accounts? The actual TT rate only 2.5404 ? So different from the indicative rate 2.581, if like that no need to go open Citibank account..

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, no need to open Citibank Msia account since rate not so good. Furthermore, hard to keep track of so many bank accounts. Maybe money changer is doing own soul searching now and decided to give better rates tomorrow :smile:

Thanks for sharing. Wow 2.581 and free transfer, is it for premium account only or for all accounts? The actual TT rate only 2.5404 ? So different from the indicative rate 2.581, if like that no need to go open Citibank account..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah maybe Maybank also reflecting, just now the online TT rate was 2.544, just a tad lower than Cimb except got $15 service charge.

Yes, no need to open Citibank Msia account since rate not so good. Furthermore, hard to keep track of so many bank accounts. Maybe money changer is doing own soul searching now and decided to give better rates tomorrow :smile:

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gladywin, thanks for sharing. May I know the daily transfer limit for CIMB? RM25k?

I just did an online fund transfer from my CIMB Singapore to CIMB Malaysia account at 4.30pm this afternoon (13/08/2013). The exchange rate is 2.5472. Just to share.